Fonzie
S

Southern Has a COACH!!

Post by Fonzie »

Teaford was rehired Mon. night..

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

I think you need to change the title this... COACH ?????

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Hopefully he will rethink his summer lifting strategy and have the weight room open more than from 12-2, M-F. You really saw that pay dividends this past fall........ :roll:

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Purplegold - That is an easy one. Whenever the boys can show up!!!

The most successful (OK, don't get a swelled head guys) team in the TVC is NY. They have lifting in the summer in the early morning and the evening. I believe that Coach Boston oversees each session. That is what you need to do, make it convenient for your players, not the coach and his assistants...........

Cardinal70
Waterboy

Post by Cardinal70 »

Steely Dan wrote:Purplegold - That is an easy one. Whenever the boys can show up!!!

The most successful (OK, don't get a swelled head guys) team in the TVC is NY. They have lifting in the summer in the early morning and the evening. I believe that Coach Boston oversees each session. That is what you need to do, make it convenient for your players, not the coach and his assistants...........

good point but when is enough to go to two sessions 3,4,5 kids how many before you split it?

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

If the kids want to be there they will be there. That is the attitude the NY kids, and kids in any winning program have. For some programs it woudln't matter if you had the weight room open 24 hours a day, the kids just wont show up. I think at a school like Southern you have to get all of your coaches to promote and push the strength program. But, at Southern I doubt you will ever get that. Especially with the basketball program if they still have the belief that "lifting weights throws off your shot." NY on the other hand, their program is established. I think if the coach had it opened only from 1 am to 3 am the kids would show up. It's just a different attitude.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Smelly - Where have you been? Good to hear from you. You are absolutely correct with your assessment. Those kids associated with a winning program will show up for lifting, whenever it is available.

Coach Boston is smart enough to provide two opportunities to lift, for two hours at a time, versus one windown from lunch to mid afternoon, to lift.

Seems logical, and a no-brainer to me, but obviously, some don't get it. :roll:

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I agree two sessions would help the program.......I know the kids should be dedicated to the sport, but its a fact of life that some kids need to work to pay for the cars that get them to football.....no to mention the $3.00 gallon of gas.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Heard Weight Lifting is gonna be a must for the Tornadoes this year... in other words if theyre not there they wont play... and ive seen quite a few football players in the weight room, along with the baseball players :)

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Remember_The_Name wrote:Heard Weight Lifting is gonna be a must for the Tornadoes this year... in other words if theyre not there they wont play... and ive seen quite a few football players in the weight room, along with the baseball players :)

All I can say is I hope players take it serious, and that the coach holds to his word.

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

Maximus wrote:
Remember_The_Name wrote:Heard Weight Lifting is gonna be a must for the Tornadoes this year... in other words if theyre not there they wont play... and ive seen quite a few football players in the weight room, along with the baseball players :)

All I can say is I hope players take it serious, and that the coach holds to his word.

Hahahahahahaha

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

glad you got such a kick out of that...... :lol: 8)

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

I hope the kids do take it serious.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

So any news out of Tornado country lately?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

nope...........

tommygnosis
Riding the Bench

Re: Southern Has a COACH!!

Post by tommygnosis »

BIGGER FASTER STRONGER

That's what the Eagles will be next year!

whompascat
All Conference

Re: Southern Has a COACH!!

Post by whompascat »

maybe next year the tomatoes can move the ball past the 50 yard line on trimbles first team.

Return to “Football”