What if Chillicothe had to go Independent due to no SEOAL?

Army
S

What if Chillicothe had to go Independent due to no SEOAL?

Post by Army »

How difficult would scheduling be for Football and Basketball games :?: :-D

Could they play more SE-Ohio Teams they wanted to in Football? What leagues might be interested in playing them from SE-Ohio.

What other leagues might Chillicothe be offered a slot in, if the SEOAL did crumble lets say in 4-5 years :?: :-D
Last edited by Army on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wouldn't want to be the ad

Army
S

Post by Army »

Gahs4ever,
I brought the topic up due to the possibilty one day the SEOAL folding and closing up shop. This would be due to the possibility of schools moving on and transferring into new and other leagues, or going independent themselves. Especially with the talk of Ironton leaving, then the rumor Portsmouth is next, as well as Zanesville, Warren and Marietta.

Who's next :?:

Then what would the CAVS do? Would they stay in a League with just 4 teams in it :?:

Chillicothe, Jackson, Gallipolis and Logan :?:

I hope the CAVS have a plan in place, just in case if actually the above situation did take place, Chillicothe will be ready. :-D

I just wondered. :-D

Thanks

ARMY
Last edited by Army on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Even if a couple of teams leave I think there will be enough of the old guard around to make a good league just maybe not 10 teams and two divisions. Chilli will be able to stay here as long as they want in my opinion.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The SEOAL will not go away, just change. The Cavs have a home unless something changes and they are not welcome.

As for GAHS-I think if you would talk to a few ADs that are at Indepentent schools they will tell you that the hardest sport to schedule is football because you have ten games in ten weeks-fridays and saturdays. Basketball you have tuesday and saturday when you can also schedule. Also in other sports schools are more willing to play larger or smaller schools, do so in football can lead to mismatches that can get kids hurt.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

We did it for about 10 years before joining the SEOAL. It's doable, just more work. One thing that it does is expose you to -- or allow you to expose to -- the rest of the state. Yes, sometimes you have to schedule a game against a powerhouse program to fill your schedule and theirs, but playing these games should be about challenging yourself from time to time, eh?

Frankly, basketball doesn't seem to be as difficult to schedule in this mode as is football. But if you're in an odd-numbered league, you still have to schedule late-season games anyway. The MVL falls into that category (though it has entered into a scheduling agreement with the soon-to-be odd-numbered ECOL), and the SEOAL is about to do the same.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:We did it for about 10 years before joining the SEOAL. It's doable, just more work. One thing that it does is expose you to -- or allow you to expose to -- the rest of the state. Yes, sometimes you have to schedule a game against a powerhouse program to fill your schedule and theirs, but playing these games should be about challenging yourself from time to time, eh?

Frankly, basketball doesn't seem to be as difficult to schedule in this mode as is football. But if you're in an odd-numbered league, you still have to schedule late-season games anyway. The MVL falls into that category (though it has entered into a scheduling agreement with the soon-to-be odd-numbered ECOL), and the SEOAL is about to do the same.

Zanes-Vegas,
Could you get me the teams that were left in the C.O.L. Central Ohio League after the Chillicothe CAVS left at the end of the Football season in 1976 to join the OCC :?:

Also, what year did the C.O.L. finally fold? I think it was 1984 :?:

I thank the teams that were left after Chilli left was,

1. Upper Arlington AAA
2. Lancaster AAA
3. Newark AAA
4. Zanesville AAA
5. Marietta AAA

Was Grove City in the C.O.L. for a short while?

Thanks

ARMY

Portsmouth98
All State

Re: What if Chillicothe had to go Independent due to no SEOAL?

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Portsmouth was independent for 15-20 between the folding of the OKAC and joining the SEOAL.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

that would be doomsday for the seoal. i hope you got your life right cause JC is coming back :idea:

Army
S

Post by Army »

If a situation really took place where the SEOAL did implode from within, like Ironton and Portsmouth leaving to become an independent again, Marietta and Warren go to the TVC in that re-figured TVC Plan that was thrown out here earlier this season. Leaving 4 teams, Chillicothe chose to go independent;

Chillicothe would still survive.

They could schedule the following independents as the fiction scenerio, along with the real independents plus other teams:

Columbus Hamilton TWP D2 (MSL-Buckeye)
Columbus South-CCL
Columbus West-CCL
Zanesville-Independent
Wilmington D3 FAL
Greenfield McClain D3 (7 Team SCOL)
Hillsboro D3 (7 Team SCOL)
Portsmouth D4-Fictional Independent
Ironton D4-Fictional Independent
Marietta D2-Fictional (5 Team TVC-Muskingum-Division) Scenerio

As Zane Vegas stated, you can do it, in a post above. Evidently it turned out true, because Zanesville went Independent starting the 2009-2010 season again. :-D

We have 22 teams in our backyard that the CAVS could try to schedule:

1. Portsmouth D4
2. Waverly D4
3. Piketon D4
4. Jackson D2
5. McArthur Vinton County D3
6. Chillicothe Unioto D4
7. Chillicothe Zane Trace D4
8. Greenfield McClain D3
9. Hillsboro D3
10. Washington Court House D3
11. Washington Court House Miami-Trace D4
12. London D4
13. Wilmington D3
14. Xenia D2
15. Amanda Clearcreek D4
16. Williamsport Westfall D4
17. Circleville D3
18. Circleville Logan Elm D3
19. Ashville Teays Valley D2
20. Canal Winchester D3
21. Columbus Hamilton TWP D2
22. Columbus South D2

To also include:

Zanesville D2
Ironton D2
Springfield D1
Dayton Schools
Cincinnati Schools
OCC Schools
CCL Schools
Central; Catholic Schools
Coumbus West D2
Columbus East D2
Ashland, KY
Russell, KY
Boyd County, KY
Greenup, KY
Parkersburg, WV
Parkersburg South, WV
Huntington, WV
Winfield, WV

We would be O.K. and life would go on. :-D

OSU Buckeyes 5
Waterboy

Post by OSU Buckeyes 5 »

Army,

I don't get online very often, but I think I see this topic on here every time I look at SEOPS. I think you want out of the SEOAL so badly you can't stand it. Have you already realized that you won't be winning any football titles in the SEOAL, just like the OCC?

You jump all over Jackson for voting "no" to the new SEOAL, but then you constantly talk about the demise of the league. With Athens already leaving, Zanesville on the way out, and other possibilities looming, it seems that Jackson was the only wise one in the bunch. What was the point in making this league when most of the new members, with the exception of Portsmouth, aren't happy with it at all?

Army
S

Post by Army »

OSU Buckeyes 5 ,

No, we love the SEOAL, but if Ironton left for Independent status again and Marietta and Warren left for the proposed TVC Muskingum Division that would leave 5 teams. If Portsmouth decided to leave, I doubt the CAVS would stay. But that's a whole lot of scenerios to take place. :-D

If the fuel prices keep going up, I would say that there might be a few more willing to look for greener pastures that are closer to them. :-D

As you can SEE, look at the date this thread was started and the last time someone posted on it prior to Jun 29, 2008. Then look who re-opened it up on June 29, 2008. It was not I. Sorry, I thought the post was over. :-D

Nuff Said!

GO CAVS :!: :-D

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

SAME DISCUsSION DIFfERENT DAY SAME AUTHOR EVERY TIME. seoal isnt going anywhere. find a new topic. doesn't this fall under the already started topic? like 3 or 4 times already. please mods, clean this crap up.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

OSU Buckeyes 5 wrote:Army,

I don't get online very often, but I think I see this topic on here every time I look at SEOPS. I think you want out of the SEOAL so badly you can't stand it. Have you already realized that you won't be winning any football titles in the SEOAL, just like the OCC?

You jump all over Jackson for voting "no" to the new SEOAL, but then you constantly talk about the demise of the league. With Athens already leaving, Zanesville on the way out, and other possibilities looming, it seems that Jackson was the only wise one in the bunch. What was the point in making this league when most of the new members, with the exception of Portsmouth, aren't happy with it at all?

Chillicothe though it would be a cake walk in football.But they found out the icing is just too thick.

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

I hope the league doesn't go anywhere. I like the history and traditions the old league has. I coached in the CBC before it split, they talked about actually doing away with that league in the early 90's. Now its pretty strong. SEOAL is here to stay. I wouldn't care if it was 3 or 13 teams in the league. I'd like it. :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

noreply66 wrote:
OSU Buckeyes 5 wrote:Army,

Chillicothe though it would be a cake walk in football.But they found out the icing is just too thick.

For Chillicothe to be in the SEOAL for only two years, I say we have held our own and enjoyed this league.

2007 we had a disappointing year at 4-6

2006 we went 7-4 and a trip to the (D2 State Playoffs)

1-1 against Logan....Chillicothe leads the series (5-4) :-D
2-0 against Gallipolis
2-0 against Athens
1-1 against Ironton
1-1 against Portsmouth
1-1 against Marietta
0-0 against Warren Local
1-1 against Jackson....Chillicothe leads the series (30-11-2) :-D
1-1 against Zanesville

It's better than cake Noreply66. We love our SEOAL. And we are so happy we have your Logan Chieftians at home in week 10 this season. A place where your team has had a hard time winning. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

bot, the league isnt going anwhere. this is a topic that only 1 poster brings up every 3 or 4 months. for what reason, i really dont know.

Black Panther
SEO

Re:

Post by Black Panther »

Army wrote:Gahs4ever,
I brought the topic up due to the possibilty one day the SEOAL folding and closing up shop. This would be due to the possibility of schools moving on and transferring into new and other leagues, or going independent themselves. Especially with the talk of Ironton leaving, then the rumor Portsmouth is next, as well as Zanesville, Warren and Marietta.

Who's next :?:

Then what would the CAVS do? Would they stay in a League with just 4 teams in it :?:

Chillicothe, Jackson, Gallipolis and Logan :?:

I hope the CAVS have a plan in place, just in case if actually the above situation did take place, Chillicothe will be ready. :-D

I just wondered. :-D

Thanks

ARMY

What about the mid state(Circleville) or the conference that Washington CH and Greenfield are in.That might be a good fit.Would the SVC or SOC be an option? If the SEOAL is going down as you say the time to act on the future is now,not after the fact....

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Black Panther,

If the SEOAL closed down or looked as it might and we had to look elsewhere and we had to choose two close by leagues; both the MSL-Buckeye and SCOL would be great. But, the MSL-Buckeye is full with 8 teams. The SCOL has one slot open. They only have 7 teams. :-D

MSL-Buckeye Division
Amanda Clearcreek D4
Circleville D3
Circleville Logan Elm D3
Ashville Teays Valley D2
Canal Winchester D3
Columbus Hamilton TWP D2
Lancaster Fairfield Union D3
Bloom Carroll D4

SCOL (South Central Ohio League)
Greenfield McClain D3
Hillsboro D3
Washington Court House D3
Washington C.H. Miami Trace D4
London D3
London Madison Plains D4
Clinton Massie D4

Who knows what these fuel prices will cause over the next 5 years.

Return to “Football”