Is kantuckyII sure Ironton is leaving the SEOAL?

Army
S

Is kantuckyII sure Ironton is leaving the SEOAL?

Post by Army »

kantuckyII,
You know how some people can get things started without knowing all the facts :!:

Since you were the first to start the rumor that Ironton was leaving, I thought I WOULD identify that it might have been jumping the gun. :shock: :lol:

1. Your not one of those from the River Town that boasted on here when Ironton came back a third time bragging how it was going to be to others on here were you :?:

2. Like, beating the war drum how (The Ironton Fighting Tigers) would pick up where they had left off on there second tour in the SEOAL did you :?:

3. And now, one of those that could be advocating in getting out because it has not turned out the way some from (Tigerville) predicted back in 2005 running up to re-entering the league in 2006 are you :?: :shock: :-D :lol:

4. What's the saying from most of the Ironton Posters, bring it on :!:

We will play (anybody, anywhere, anytime, anyplace) :!: ;-)

5. Now some on the River are saying, lets get out of here :?:

So soon we say at Chillicothe, you just got here :?:

This reminds us when you joined us in 1964 in the C.O.L. but left in 1967. WOW, do you believe in the word Commit? Even if you all go and later on Portsmouth leaves, in which we hope they stay, Chillicothe will hang in there with Logan, Jackson, Gallipolis, Warren Local, Marietta and Zanesville. Making the SEOAL a still viable Kickbutt League that I would say, your Tigers will not play against if they leave. :-D

The 2 year renewed contract stuff is a Joke. :roll:

If you all really came back for just 2 years, why come back at all. I think that is a funny joke. What's wrong Lutz afraid to continue to play our teams :?: Or is it the old Ironton Mafi pushing to leave :?:

Either way, looks like someone did not follow procedure, and lets see where this goes. Welcome back to the Hernstein this up-coming Fall, you all remember the 2006 meeting. That is if you all don't wuss out and leave us and we have to re-schedule another team. The SEOAL might be a joke to some at Ironton, maybe even you, I don't know, but to others at Ironton I assume they like there kids back in a league. It's the ones I assume that thought they were going to enter the SEOAL again and run everything as they had in the 70's and 80's. Not so though huh? :lol: :lol:

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

LIke I said before,for the time being we aren't going anywhere.
Likewise we may never leave.

Never Give Up!
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ItownHosscat wrote:LIke I said before,for the time being we aren't going anywhere.

I agree.....

Army[/quote]
"Welcome back to the Hernstein this up-coming Fall, you all remember the 2006 meeting".

Do you remember the 2007 meeting and the majority of that team is returning. ;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thats kinda funny, army, why do you bring this on yourself . there are those of us that like this league. but don't have any say whatsoever in how it turns out. again, you are going into unchartered waters. not really knowing what is going on. heck, we don't even know yet. belittleing us , serves no purpose, as only shows a character flaw on your part. there are billions of asians , who don't give a crap about this, but 10,000 ironton fans , that are very concerned. there's not been a death yet, take the casket back, outta layaway. , for now. geesh. :shock: :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Army
S

Post by Army »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
ItownHosscat wrote:LIke I said before,for the time being we aren't going anywhere.

I agree.....

Army

"Welcome back to the Hernstein this up-coming Fall, you all remember the 2006 meeting".

Do you remember the 2007 meeting and the majority of that team is returning. ;-)[/quote]

Hey I really like Ironton, so I'll quote you guys, bring it on. :-D

And stay in the SEOAL, make the critics who want to cut and run already...wrong and make them look desperate and stupid. :-D

You guys can compete in this league and you know it. Likewise, we have 55 kids returning not to count the few that will show up due to moving in because of Gladfelter (Formerly MEAD) and the few typical SVC transfers that usually takes place year in and year out, along with the few that will come out that might of not played for 1 or 2 years from Chilli, and finally the few freshman that will most likely run out with the Varsity. I look for 65 plus (Varsity Team) next year. We too are back, loaded and ready to rumble.

Good Luck :!:

ARMY

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WE'LL BE BACK. BUILDING ON LAST YEARS SUCCESS, AND MISTAKES. CAUSE THAT'S WHAT MAKES IRONTON FOOTBALL GREAT. -------------AND BRING ON YOUR 55 BIG BOY. 8) 8)

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Army
S

Post by Army »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:WE'LL BE BACK. BUILDING ON LAST YEARS SUCCESS, AND MISTAKES. CAUSE THAT'S WHAT MAKES IRONTON FOOTBALL GREAT. -------------AND BRING ON YOUR 55 BIG BOY. 8) 8)

You're Tiger Bait,
We will be ready just like your Fighting Tigers will be. That's one game I am ready to watch. We always seem to play a total different game in front of the home fans, especially against a prepared and well known opponent. :-D

Good Luck :!:

ARMY

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

then to arms , you cavs , you. :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:then to arms , you cavs , you. :lol:

You're Tiger Bait,
You know it could be the game that decides the SEOAL possibly :?:

It should be a good one between the Fighting Tigers and our CAVS :!:

All I want for Christmas this year is to see your Fighting Tigers put a sad face on 2old and paladin this up-coming year after your Tigers defeat them up there. Then for Jackson and Gallipolis to burst there bubble also defeating there mighty chieftians and finally our CAVS reciprocate that same scenerio for 2old's and paladins most hearld chieftians when they have to drive back to Logan in (week 10) after being demolished at the Hernstein, by our CAVS, thus ending there blabber on here.

At least for awhile. :-D

ARMY :!:
Last edited by Army on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

didn't you guys dismantle them just a scant year ago, in a game that was not counted as a league game. is that how they won the title, that don't seem right does it. :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Army, may I set the record straight?

First, I never started a rumor that Ironton was leaving the SEOAL. I simply said that Ironton's BOE had take a vote to leave. That is true, it's not a rumor. Why, it was even in the Ironton Tribune!

Secondly, I don't think I said that about the SEOAL. I, like so many others I know, thought it was a terrible mistake to get into the league to start with. I/we hated it then, we hate it now but we have/had nothing to do with it though. So, it is nothing to do with how Ironton has done, or will do.

I will be STUNNED if Ironton does not leave this league in the next two years though.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

kantuckyII

You probably feel it is a mistake because you have nothing at stake on a personal basis. I know a lot of Ironton fans that have young men and women that see the advantages of being involved in a league. There is something to play for besides State recognition. There are all league honors and league championships. I know I have given some Logan posters a hard time about their boasting regarding league championships but it does offer the players something to work for besides making the playoffs and winning the State in their respective sport. Ironton has more than football to be concerned about, even though thats the only sport you have any interest in.

I realize this is the football forum, but I think somethings should be considered besides football.

Its a very nice thing for people to rewarded for accomplishments. All league honors are nice rewards. I guess you advocate that those things are unimportant.

I believe many people may rather be someplace else than the current SEOAL league but they have no interest in leaving until they have a place to go. Many have no desire to go back to being an independent. I guess you want the problems of filling a 10 game schedule, possible additional travel because thats the only game you can find, and denying all league honors to the players. If so, thats fine for you to feel that way but I dare to say the majority of the Ironton fan base will disagree with you.
Last edited by Old Tom Morris on Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Tom, again, I have nothing to do with it, I just mentioned that there was a vote taken. When asked though, I shared my thoughts.

I hve nothing to do with whether Ironton leaves or stays though.

Football? I have been to so many BB games and a lot of baseball games also. The year Ironton went to the state I only missed one game that entire year. I drove everywhere they went, sat through every game.

I'm just saying, I'll be stunned if Ironton is in this league, or hasn't given notice they're leaving within another 2 years. Shocked really.
Last edited by kantuckyII on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

kantucky , i like your location, i just noticed that.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I woiuld (EDIT: WOULD)love to stay off ironton (EDIT:IRONTON) threads, but ARMY has to drag the Chiefs in on this one kicking and screaming. Now this is directed to a CAv (EDIT:Cav) poster so all Tigers can go back to sleep.

Army, You are suffering from such Chieftain Envy. First the game between Chilly and Irornotn (IRONTON) can not decide the league. Both teams have to play Logan. That will pretty much end that title talk. But I hope you guys have a good game.

Army you will have a sad Christmas because you will not get your wish. I think wishing is a good way to put your chances. 2OlD (EDIT: 2old) and Paladin will have much to post about next year. I think you guys joined the league at the wqrong (EDIT: WRONG) time. Is Gallia even gonna have a team next year??

Army a guy who posts like you can seriously use the word blather?? Your preseason posting of last year, telling us how good Chilly was GONNA be only proves you did not learn much from theat (EDIT: THAT) humiliating defeat from the hands of the Chiefs.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

gahs4ever wrote:Tucky is safe and far away from Turk because Tucky's green card was revoked, and he was deported back to Flatweeds!

That's not all, he is also a very close neighbor to the Cyrus's, The Achy Breaky ones. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

2old wrote:I woiuld (EDIT: WOULD)love to stay off ironton (EDIT:IRONTON) threads, but ARMY has to drag the Chiefs in on this one kicking and screaming. Now this is directed to a CAv (EDIT:Cav) poster so all Tigers can go back to sleep.

Army, You are suffering from such Chieftain Envy. First the game between Chilly and Irornotn (IRONTON) can not decide the league. Both teams have to play Logan. That will pretty much end that title talk. But I hope you guys have a good game.

Army you will have a sad Christmas because you will not get your wish. I think wishing is a good way to put your chances. 2OlD (EDIT: 2old) and Paladin will have much to post about next year. I think you guys joined the league at the wqrong (EDIT: WRONG) time. Is Gallia even gonna have a team next year??

Army a guy who posts like you can seriously use the word blather?? Your preseason posting of last year, telling us how good Chilly was GONNA be only proves you did not learn much from theat (EDIT: THAT) humiliating defeat from the hands of the Chiefs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

2old,
By the way, the word is spelled would, not woiuld :roll:

I know you also had Ida Mae Crabtree and Jeannie Lewis in English while at Wellston H.S. as I did. You must of skipped a lot of there classes huh :?:

Anyway you have a Blessed and Merry Christmas up there in Logan :!:

ARMY :-D

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Old Tom Morris wrote:kantuckyII

You probably feel it is a mistake because you have nothing at stake on a personal basis. I know a lot of Ironton fans that have young men and women that see the advantages of being involved in a league. There is something to play for besides State recognition. There are all league honors and league championships. I know I have given some Logan posters a hard time about their boasting regarding league championships but it does offer the players something to work for besides making the playoffs and winning the State in their respective sport. Ironton has more than football to be concerned about, even though thats the only sport you have any interest in.

I realize this is the football forum, but I think somethings should be considered besides football.

Its a very nice thing for people to rewarded for accomplishments. All league honors are nice rewards. I guess you advocate that those things are unimportant.

I believe many people may rather be someplace else than the current SEOAL league but they have no interest in leaving until they have a place to go. Many have no desire to go back to being an independent. I guess you want the problems of filling a 10 game schedule, possible additional travel because thats the only game you can find, and denying all league honors to the players. If so, thats fine for you to feel that way but I dare to say the majority of the Ironton fan base will disagree with you.

Nice post Old Tom

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Army wrote:
I know you also had Ida Mae Crabtree and Jeannie Lewis in English while at Wellston H.S. as I did. You must of skipped a lot of there classes huh :?:

ARMY :-D [/b][/color]

After reading your posts, I believe this applies, "if you live in glass houses you should not throw stones." The incorrect use of the words of and there say it all.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

XandOs wrote:
Army wrote:

ARMY :-D [/b][/color]

After reading your posts, I believe this applies, "if you live in glass houses you should not throw stones." The incorrect use of the words of and there say it all.

It's also their ( which shows possession) instead of there ( which is a place) :oops:

Return to “Football”