Is kantuckyII sure Ironton is leaving the SEOAL?

Army
S

Post by Army »

That's good, I am proud of you two kids, i.e., XandOs and wemufans. :-D

You all must be from Logan huh? Can you help 2old out too? :-D :roll:

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Army wrote:That's good, I am proud of you two kids, i.e., XandOs and wemufans. :-D

No, I am not from Logan. I just know that you didn't use of and there property in your sentence. I just figured Ida Mae Crabtree and Jeannie Lewis would be disappointed with your mistakes especially since you didn't miss their class. :lol:

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
Army
S

Post by Army »

XandOs wrote:
Army wrote:That's good, I am proud of you two kids, i.e., XandOs and wemufans. :-D

No, I am not from Logan. I just know that you didn't use of and there property in your sentence. I just figured Ida Mae Crabtree and Jeannie Lewis would be disappointed with your mistakes especially since you didn't miss their class. :lol:

No,
Might not be perfect but what the @#$^. At least I can write and read, and learned it all at a public school. :-D

Stay on the Topic, WHICH IS......"Is kantuckyII sure Ironton is leaving the SEOAL?:!:" :-D

This is not a High School class at Flyer High :!: :-D

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, how about this - Kantucky NEVER said that Ironton was leaving the SEOAL to start with. I'm sure a few would like to let me take all the credit or blame for it however you look at it if they do but I never said that to start with. I *think* that they will though.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

There was an article about this in today's Logan Daily News....
Ironton school board votes to leave SEOAL
Validity of board's vote questioned

Craig Dunn
of The Logan Daily News

IRONTON - In the summer of 2006, when Athens High School officials announced the school was leaving the Southeastern Ohio Athletic League before the revamped 10-school conference had even played its first game or match, many wondered if or when another shoe would drop.

That shoe may be ready to fall at Ironton High School.

At an Ironton school board meeting last week, board members voted to withdraw from the conference at the end of the district's contract.

However, according to The Ironton Tribune, the vote itself may or may not be valid.

After a board member proposed a resolution "to proceed with getting out of the SEOAL and get into another league when the contract is up," the resolution passed 3-2... but since there was no recommendation by the district superintendent, there is a question as to whether the vote is valid.

Superintendent Dean Nance said he is seeking a legal opinion about the vote since it takes four votes to overrule a superintendent's recommendation in certain matters.

Although the league has went to great pains to reduce travel as much as possible by dividing the conference into North and South divisions in most sports, the primary issues, not surprisingly, are travel distance and bus fuel costs.

Ironton is in the South Division along with Chillicothe, Jackson, Gallipolis and Portsmouth and only has regularly-scheduled contact with North Division teams from Athens, Logan, Marietta, Warren and Zanesville in football, boys basketball and girls basketball.

The divisional setup doesn't come into play in football. A "Day of Champions" determines league champions in some sports - with the first-place team in the North Division facing the South Division winner, the runners-up playing for third, and so forth - and a tournament or meet determining the others. Ironton does not field teams in boys soccer, girls soccer, girls tennis and wrestling.

The Ironton board plans to meet with Athletic Director Mark Vass late next week to get his input.

"I feel like we need to know about things like scheduling and bus costs and gate receipts before we make a resolution that we're going to be out (of the SEOAL)," board member Tim Johnson told The Tribune. "I'm not saying I'm for or against the SEOAL, just that I think we need to compare."

One of the league's original members (along with Athens, Gallipolis, Jackson, Logan, Nelsonville, Portsmouth and Wellston), Ironton is in its third incarnation as an SEOAL member. IHS first dropped out following the 1929-30 school year, and rejoined the league from 1967-68 through 1984-85.

Ironton again joined the conference prior to the 2006-07 school year as part of a four-school expansion that included Chillicothe, Portsmouth (which left the SEOAL in the 1920s) and Zanesville.

Athens - also an original conference member since the SEOAL was founded in 1925 - voted in favor of bringing the four new schools into the league, then turned around and announced it was leaving for the Tri-Valley Conference more than a month before Chillicothe, Ironton, Portsmouth and Zanesville played a league game or match.

Athens leaves the league at the conclusion of the current school year, dropping membership to nine schools.

Ironton Tribune reporting by Teresa Moore

http://www.logandaily.com/main.asp?Sect ... eID=124243

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

The new school board will meet on January 3rd according to tonight's Tribune and consider a resolution to rescind the vote to leave the SEOAL.

(page 6 of Tribune under community calendar)

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Two points from the Logan Daily News that cements my thoughts --

1. Travel was used as a reason , yet tiggers only travel to the North for FB, Boys BB & Girls BB. No other sports travel to the North .

2. On top of that, tiggers do NOT field Boys or Girls soccer, wrestling or girls tennis.

I'm well aware of the whinners down there who lament that the league has changed and they'll be picked on. No big winner for the tiggers. And their other sports are non-existant or worthless.

Their over-inflated egos won't stand it !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Paladin on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have gun, will travel
Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

Hopefully we will find that the "new" board will put an end to this. I find it hard to believe that the Superintendent and Athletic Director were not at least consulted before a montion of this kind was put up for a vote. Knee jerk reactions like that are just what the Ironton BOE needs to make them look like some of their Lawernce County bretheren.

The City of Ironton had a very fortunate miss on election day, imagine what we would have been discussing had the BOE member who made this immature and petty montion become Mayor. For once the voters proved to me that they were slightly smarter than I usuallly give them credit. We can only hope that in 2 years they have the same simitude of being living, breathing human beings and that BOE member finds himself voted out of office.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Paladin wrote:Two points from the Logan Daily News that cements my thoughts --

1. Travel was used as a reason , yet tiggers only travel to the North for FB, Boys BB & Girls BB. No other sports travel to the North .

2. On top of that, tiggers do NOT field Boys or Girls soccer, wrestling or girls tennis.

I'm well aware of the whiners down there who lament that the league has changed and they'll be picked on. No big winner for the tiggers. And their other sports are non-existant or worthless.
Their over-inflated egos won't stand it !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

speaking of worthless...........your opinion as usual :lol:

Not everyone in Ironton wants out of this league.

Army
S

Post by Army »

henrysteele wrote:The new school board will meet on January 3rd according to tonight's Tribune and consider a resolution to rescind the vote to leave the SEOAL.

(page 6 of Tribune under community calendar)

henrysteele,
Boy I hope they hang in there. They compliment this league with class and a reputation across the state. I would say that a lot of talk about them leaving was the topic tonight at the Chillicothe and Portsmouth Basketball Game. Both schools fans were talking about it at halftime in the area where everybody eats and drinks there snacks. Many from Chillicothe were stunned, and many from Portsmouth stated, they were not going no where as predicted if Ironton does pull out. The Trojans stated it's nice to be in a league again for there kids and playing old rivals like Chillicothe in the league. They stated that the Trojans are staying put. Many Chillicothe fans were puzzled, since the board meeting that brought the resolution up was right after Chillicothe had defeated the Fighting Tigers in B-Ball at Chillicothe. Many were joking and said we should of put the subs in sooner to keep the score down. Some of the Chillicothe old timers said they remember when Ironton entered the old C.O.L. and then left after 5 seasons. But they stated, they understood then, Chillicothe, Lancaster, Newark and Marietta all were AAA Schools with much much larger populations then, that what they all do not have now, except Lancaster and Newark who have moved on into the OCC.

But in all seriousness, I like Ironton in the SEOAL as do many here in Chill Town do. They will be O.K. but it's up to them. To be honest, many that know Ironton politics, I am not one of those, stated, they see Lutz and the Ironton Football Mafia in this one? Most were from Portsmouth saying this, since Portsmouth has continuiously played the Fighting Tigers for several decades with Lutz at the helm. I am neutral on the issue and the position that people see who might be involved for Ironton to move already, but I challenge Ironton to stay and make a go of it. I have several friends on here from Ironton and have seen many of them saying they want to stay. I still like the idea of letting both divisions play for there own crowns and seek at least 1 to 2 extra members to add over time. They could play inter-divisions in FB for some non-league games.

Respectfully

ARMY :!:

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

EXACTLY Ohbuckeye1

Not everyone!

Paladin does not know much about any other of Ironton's sports teams or he would not have been so stupid to call them "non-existant or worthless". His mighty Chieftians are not on the top of the SEOAL in all sports and I know of atleast one (could be others) sport where they finished behind Ironton already this year.

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

gahs4ever wrote:Tucky is safe and far away from Turk because Tucky's green card was revoked, and he was deported back to Flatweeds!

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

NUFF SAID..........................

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Spanky shifts to the other side? :shock:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Paladin wrote: tiggers (Ironton Fighting Tigers)

2. On top of that, tiggers (Ironton Fighting Tigers)

No big winner for the tiggers (Ironton Fighting Tigers)

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Army wrote:
XandOs wrote:

No,
Army wrote:[Might not be perfect but what the @#$^. At least I can write and read, and learned it all at a public school. :-D :

Wow!!! I learned mine in public school as well.

Army wrote:[Stay on the Topic, WHICH IS......"Is kantuckyII sure Ironton is leaving the SEOAL?:!:" :-D :
You're the one that made this about 2old's typing and missing English class, not me.

Army wrote:[This is not a High School class at Flyer High :!: :-D
Good. I never sat through a class at Flyer High myself.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Army wrote:
[Stay on the Topic, WHICH IS......"Is kantuckyII sure Ironton is leaving the SEOAL

Again, and to repeat. Kantucky never said that he was sure Ironton was or is leaving the SEOAL. It's a complete fabrication on your part.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

army i understand what you are saying, i too. want to stay in this league. but kantucky reported no falsehoods. he simply was the first one that put the facts of what had happened at the school board meeting on seops. no where did he print any thing false as far as i can see. he simply got the news to us , that this had happened.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Army
S

Post by Army »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:army i understand what you are saying, i too. want to stay in this league. but kantucky reported no falsehoods. he simply was the first one that put the facts of what had happened at the school board meeting on seops. no where did he print any thing false as far as i can see. he simply got the news to us , that this had happened.

You're Tiger Bait,

I know... :!:

No one stated he said they are actually leaving. But he is the first one to report the board meeting and has made it clear he does not like Ironton in the SEOAL on here. We all said he should of waited to find out the full facts, like was the AD and Super there before passing this on the thread? We all hope you all stay too. But it's going to be up to you all. Not the other SEOAL Teams. The part in the resolution of searching possible other leagues was a question mark for us too. I and many others know the OVC is not going to offer an invitation to Ironton. Likewise the SOC II. So what other leagues? The TVC-Ohio? No-Way! Everything else is North MSL-Buckeye and the SCOL? Kentucky can't anymore, due to there districts changing every two years. What WV? Maybe, there I don't know. Last night I will say, the Portsmouth Fans were razzing on you all at the basketball game. They stated they are in the SEOAL for the long haul. They like it that there kids have a league to play in all sports, not just Football and are able to compete against SE-Ohio Teams, especially with Chillicothe the Trojan old rival in the same league. Also they stated it's nice to be in a league so there kids could be looked at by more college scouts.

ARMY :-D
Last edited by Army on Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Why should I have waited? I knew the facts, I knew there was a vote taken and I knew what the vote was.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

kantucky

Fine you posted the facts as you knew them. The biggest problem that I have is that I believe you did it with a BIG SMILE on your face. I know how you have feltabout the SEOAL from day one as everyone else does. I also know that you do not like playing DeSales or Bellaire. If Ironton gets out of the SEOAL then you have no complaint about scheduling DeSales and Bellaire because those kind of games will be required to be an independent. Besides the ONLY sport you actually care about is football and all the rest are unimportant to you.

Your actions were less than responsible, of course I would not expect anything else from you regarding the issue. The SEOAL was not part of YOUR plan. You see the whole problem is that the BOE did not consult the AD or anyone else in the administration before making the motion. It was knee jerk at best, and you were very happy to report that someone was making your dream come true.

Now, I could care less what conference we are playing in as long as we are IN a conference. Do not leave until there is someplace to go and if there is no place to go stay in the SEOAL. I do not think there is problem with looking at possible alternatives, but to just up and leave is pretty childish.

Return to “Football”