Is kantuckyII sure Ironton is leaving the SEOAL?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Army is being Army. No one takes him seriously. And his schemes are hairballs !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is still trying to figure out how to get Chilli a chance to win something!! 8)

Have gun, will travel
Army
S

Post by Army »

Paladin wrote:Army is being Army. No one takes him seriously. And his schemes are hairballs !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is still trying to figure out how to get Chilli a chance to win something!! 8)

Paladin,
And no one ever takes your bull serious ever at Chillicothe, Ironton, Portsmouth, Zanesville or Gallipolis. I don't know about the others, but I hope they don't. :roll:

The problem is, if they did have to seek a few members to join the North, it would have to be up there way. Newark D1, Lancaster D1 or a Tri-Valley D2 would make great candidates. But Paladin is afraid to have those type of teams play in the same league with his Logan Chieftians. Why? Because he klnows they would be put in there place. Zanesville or Marietta would not be afraid. They are used to playing against Lancaster and Newark. But I bet Logan would VETO that expansion offer, because they are really afraid of competition. Heck for that matter, give us Vincent Warren Local for the South-Division to make it 6 teams, and you all add three teams like I mentioned and lets see where Logan is in Football each year. :lol:

Oh by the way, we are still waiting for your great record you posted as the Coach of Zanesville Bishop Rosecrans. :shock:

No wonder you got out of Teaching and Coaching with records like that, anyone could do better from the stands. :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NYBuckeye96,

What your saying is, what works for N-Y wouldn't work for Gallipolis, Jackson and Logan huh? Doesn't the Buckeyes play there rival.....Glouster-Trimble D6 in a non-league game now, but doesn't play Stewart Federal Hocking D5 anymore from the TVC-Hocking, who I might add is a Charter Member of the TVC :?: :roll:

Your Logic doesn't make sense. Every team in the new SEOAL-South at times will not play Logan. That's just the way it's set up now. Jackson did not for two years, 2006 and 2007. Now Portsmouth doesn't this up-coming year 2008 or next 2009.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

kantuckyII wrote:Amen Corner, be patient. Unlike you, I have to actually think, I don't have anyone always telling me what to say like you do.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

It's 8:19 and we are still waiting to hear answers from kantucky

< insert theme music from Jeopardy >

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

We may be going to a round robin schedule, Army. Nowhere for Chilli to duck to. Have to play Logan & all the big North schools !! :lol:

And, NO, your hairbrained scheme is going nowhere.

I already know the answer to 3 kantucky questions and pretty sure I'm right about his other answer.

Somebodies butt is hanging WAYYYYYYYYY out !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have gun, will travel
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Army, the NY-Trimble rivalry is not as intense as it used to be. In fact, in the 1990s it wasn't much of a rivalry at all because NY won every game that decade. NY-Trimble lost ALOT when the divisions broke the TVC up. It used to be the Week 10 match-up, often with the league title on the line.

There is still some existance of a rivalry in the sense that they play each other every year and they are backyard neighbors, but I promise you that if it came down to it, the Buckeyes would rather lose to the Tomcats than lose a league game any day.

I think the same would happen if you split up Logan-Jackson-Gallia.

Also, I don't think any other teams will join the SEOAL. Why would Tri Valley leave the MVL - a league where all of the rivals are backyard like the TVC - to join a spread out league like the SEOAL? I just don't see that ever happening. Too many strong rivalries - Sheridan, Morgan, New Lex, etc.

Lancaster would not leave the OCC. They would not play in an Appalachian League because they make it very clear that they are central Ohio and not "one of us".

The SEOAL had to spread out to cover 25% of the land mass of the state of Ohio just to get to 10 teams in the first place. There really aren't many schools that would want in the SEOAL because of the travel, especially schools that are in regional leagues like the TVC, SOC, MVL, etc.

And I think my logic makes total sense - Logan-Jackson-Gallia. That is the old SEOAL rivalries. Logan does not have that play each other every year as a league game history with Portsmouth, Chillicothe, or Ironton as they have with Jackson and Gallia. Even IF Logan played Jackson and Gallia as nonleague games if division titles were given out, the rivalry will lose something. That is why you can't break those three up like that.

Army
S

Post by Army »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Army, the NY-Trimble rivalry is not as intense as it used to be. In fact, in the 1990s it wasn't much of a rivalry at all because NY won every game that decade. NY-Trimble lost ALOT when the divisions broke the TVC up. It used to be the Week 10 match-up, often with the league title on the line.

There is still some existance of a rivalry in the sense that they play each other every year and they are backyard neighbors, but I promise you that if it came down to it, the Buckeyes would rather lose to the Tomcats than lose a league game any day.

I think the same would happen if you split up Logan-Jackson-Gallia.

Also, I don't think any other teams will join the SEOAL. Why would Tri Valley leave the MVL - a league where all of the rivals are backyard like the TVC - to join a spread out league like the SEOAL? I just don't see that ever happening. Too many strong rivalries - Sheridan, Morgan, New Lex, etc.

Lancaster would not leave the OCC. They would not play in an Appalachian League because they make it very clear that they are central Ohio and not "one of us".

The SEOAL had to spread out to cover 25% of the land mass of the state of Ohio just to get to 10 teams in the first place. There really aren't many schools that would want in the SEOAL because of the travel, especially schools that are in regional leagues like the TVC, SOC, MVL, etc.

And I think my logic makes total sense - Logan-Jackson-Gallia. That is the old SEOAL rivalries. Logan does not have that play each other every year as a league game history with Portsmouth, Chillicothe, or Ironton as they have with Jackson and Gallia. Even IF Logan played Jackson and Gallia as nonleague games if division titles were given out, the rivalry will lose something. That is why you can't break those three up like that.

NYBuckeye96,
Well you know what they say, Nothing is ever permanent except change :?: :-D

Just like Nelsonville-York did when they lost there rival game against Logan when leaving the SEOAL Hmmm? :-D

Lancaster, Newark would not be playing any SEOAL-South Teams except maybe there old COL rival Chillicothe who is not afraid to play against those teams. Lancaster has played Newark and prior to that Zanesville / Marietta for almost a century in the COL and later against Zanesville in the BCC Buckeye Central Conference and Newark in the OCC with them. They Golden Gales also play Logan. So add another Team up that way, and play a total seperate Division, how hard is that?

I'll tell you why, is Logan is afraid of the type of League schedule. They wouldn't win there precious league so much would they? What's the word 2old and Paladin uses, step up and compete against real teams :roll:

Look at the SEOAL League set-up. Logan could still play there Gallipolis and Jackson rivals in non-league SEOAL inter-division play. And they could play our CAVS too for that matter. :-D 8)

But they won't because in all actuality, there afraid of an SEOAL set up like that. :-D

(SEOAL-North)
Pickerington North D1 or New Albany D1
Lancaster D1
Newark D1
Logan D2 could be D1 again
Zanesville D2 could be D1 again
Marietta D2

(SEOAL-South) we'll even take Warren :-D
Chillicothe D3
Jackson D2
Portsmouth D4
Ironton D4
Gallipolis D4
Vincent Warren Local D3

Army 8)

popster
Waterboy

Post by popster »

lordy, lordy someone must have rattled ghostwriters cage and woke him up. :lol:

popster
Waterboy

Post by popster »

osumufan, jmo. he was thinking he was the only one with a (brownie) :roll: :roll: :lol:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

leave the league like it is. if ironton wants out, show them the door. if army isnt happy, show them the door also. the league is fine with or without ironton and chilli. army, why dont you run for office and fix some real problems. i would bet that most people in chilli dont think like you do. youve been back in the league for two years and you want to rewrite the book on the seoal. its not going to happen.

you chastise paladin for his statements but you guys are completely alike. he puts the logan spin on stuff and you are actually worse because you jump on everybody elses bandwagon. wake up :roll: :roll:

Army
S

Post by Army »

qualified101 wrote:leave the league like it is. if ironton wants out, show them the door. if army isnt happy, show them the door also. the league is fine with or without ironton and chilli. army, why dont you run for office and fix some real problems. i would bet that most people in chilli dont think like you do. youve been back in the league for two years and you want to rewrite the book on the seoal. its not going to happen.

you chastise paladin for his statements but you guys are completely alike. he puts the logan spin on stuff and you are actually worse because you jump on everybody elses bandwagon. wake up :roll: :roll:

qualified101,
Why don't you wake up :!:

We've been back in the league for two years :?:

This is Chillicothe's first time in the SEOAL :?: :roll: :roll:

Are you sure you know about the teams and tenure in that League :!: :lol:

Your not one of those Logan supporters are you? Afraid to play real competition put always telling us poor old SEOAL-South Teams do so. Hmmmm........ :?: ;-)

What power team do you support (Mr. Know it all) yourself :?:

Why don't you run for office too motor mouth then maybe you can fix some things where ever you crawled out from under. I bet you are not even from a SEOAL City are you? Or if you are, why don't you share with us the team you root for on here. :-D

I don't think our CAVS go anywhere. We are satisfied with the SEOAL and love the league, but we are realist here in Chilly too. If Ironton, Portsmouth Warren, Marrieta and Zanesville would all of a sudden pull out, which could be a real situation in the next 5-7 years from now, what kind of SEOAL would you have then (Mr. SEOAL know it all) :?:

Not much of one would you? :-D

The topic has been about, split the two divisions and keep the SEOAL in tact. Try to add some possible teams to each division over time. Because, as Hilltop said it best, only time, and this precious little league will most likely be a memory, unless some serious changes are implemented. Travel due to gas prices are just the beginning. Which, if you (Oh Wise One) would have been following this topic you would know THAT. But you have to run your trap and talk smack before you know the premise. That is why the split division talk was brought up in the first place, (Mr. Know It All), if you would of been with the topic from the beginning you might not acted in haste, thus avioded posting an ignorant reply. :-D

You have a nice day :!: :-D

ARMY :-D

IHSTiger81
Riding the Bench

Post by IHSTiger81 »

Amen Corner wrote:
henrysteele wrote:I was at a school board meeting earlier this year when a prominent Tiger Clan member asked the board to get us out of the SEOAL. As I recall, he said the league "is killing us".

I was at that same meeting and for the record Henry Steele, please tell everyone who that "prominent Tiger Clan" member is. Some of you seem to hold the tiger clan in high standard at times.

Just beause the pa announcer wants to get out that does NOT mean that everyone does :lol:

Wonder who the "us" is he is referring to? The only travel he has is in town to do his announcing. Even with a child on the basketball team, he doesn't travel out of town.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Old Tom Morris wrote:It's 8:19 and we are still waiting to hear answers from kantucky

< insert theme music from Jeopardy >

that musics going to be playing for a long time.

we do not have a member by that name :lol:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

yes, i do live in an seoal town. yes, our town has success. yes, our town also has its share of failure. yes, i have read this entire thread (genius) and quite frankly, the league will succeed with or without chilli. its been around a long time, long before i was put on this earth. sorry about the "back in the league posts" i try to decipher between whether you are talking about when "you" played or whether you are talking about wellston back when you/they were in the seoal. there should be one champ in ALL sports, not just football. i hope chilli stays in the league because the basketball between chilli and zanesville is great.

happy new year. :) :) :)

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Army , you are a spectacle. The SEOAL is going nowhere. Been here for over 80 years and will be around for a long time ahead. Man, you look like such a fool.

Too bad you couldn't leave the OCC and come bully everyone here. Didn't work out well, I know. And, just like the tigger crowd, everyone has had to sit back for 3 years and listen to your nonsense about how the tough South was going to dominate. Not only has the North won both FB titles, this year the best the South could do was THIRD PLACE . And you did have a losing record as I recall.

Whining and putting up a canard like "woe is the SEOAL", we need to find some teams to get in here ( we can beat, lol ). Shameless, Army. But amusing. Most folks have to pick themselves up off the ground after reading your drivel as it is funny. Pathetic, but funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have gun, will travel
Army
S

Post by Army »

Paladin wrote:Army , you are a spectacle. The SEOAL is going nowhere. Been here for over 80 years and will be around for a long time ahead. Man, you look like such a fool.

Too bad you couldn't leave the OCC and come bully everyone here. Didn't work out well, I know. And, just like the tigger crowd, everyone has had to sit back for 3 years and listen to your nonsense about how the tough South was going to dominate. Not only has the North won both FB titles, this year the best the South could do was THIRD PLACE . And you did have a losing record as I recall.

Whining and putting up a canard like "woe is the SEOAL", we need to find some teams to get in here ( we can beat, lol ). Shameless, Army. But amusing. Most folks have to pick themselves up off the ground after reading your drivel as it is funny. Pathetic, but funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paladin,
What's your record at Zanesville Bishop Rosecrans again :?:

What's the word that always spews out of your trap..Pathetic and too funny :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why you must of had to leave teaching and coaching and move far away up near the rust belt of Ohio :-D
Last edited by Army on Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

popster wrote:lordy, lordy someone must have rattled ghostwriters cage and woke him up. :lol:

Happy New Year pops!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Happy consumption to all 8)

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

we would THRIVE as an independent as we did before

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

I agree.

Once a Tiger (or Tigerette), always a Tiger!

Return to “Football”