Is kantuckyII sure Ironton is leaving the SEOAL?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Tom, I simply want what is best for Ironton.

I would also like to point out to you and Army that Paul Crew, who is rumored to be the President of the Ironton Tiger Clan, posted the same message on JJ Huddle as I did about the BOE vote and on the same day as I posted it also.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

Then oh wise kantucky what do you think is best for Ironton??????

I am quite sure that PaulCrew was not beaming with joy as you were when he made his post.

I really want to know wht YOU think is best, give it your best shot, and let remind you this should be for the good of the student athletes in ALL THE SPORTS at Ironton!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Lost money in the AD budget from lower ticket sales.

Tom, if it was shown, at the next BOE meeting that Ironton has suffered greatly since this move into the SEOAL would you object to Ironton leaving the SEOAL?

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

I was at a school board meeting earlier this year when a prominent Tiger Clan member asked the board to get us out of the SEOAL. As I recall, he said the league "is killing us".

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

kantuckyII wrote:Tom, if it was shown, at the next BOE meeting that Ironton has suffered greatly since this move into the SEOAL

Are you talkin' about finances or scores/records?? :roll:

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

kantucky

I stated my position earlier, why can't you understand what I said. I don't think you would understand if I repeated it, but I will.

Now, I could care less what conference we are playing in as long as we are IN a conference. Do not leave until there is someplace to go and if there is no place to go stay in the SEOAL. I do not think there is problem with looking at possible alternatives, but to just up and leave is pretty childish.

You haven't answered my question regarding where to go, I am still waiting on that from you.

Since I am waiting on answers let me ask another question or two of you and henrysteele >>>>>
What sport did you play in High School if any?
Do you have a child in the Ironton system currently?
Does your child participate in any sports at Ironton?

As far as revenue generation - I have seen the attendence, and it is lower, but I attribute much of that to the fickle fans of the community. The Ironton fan base can be very fickle, one guy even shut down a website last year in a temper fit.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

henrysteele wrote:I was at a school board meeting earlier this year when a prominent Tiger Clan member asked the board to get us out of the SEOAL. As I recall, he said the league "is killing us".

I was at that same meeting and for the record Henry Steele, please tell everyone who that "prominent Tiger Clan" member is. Some of you seem to hold the tiger clan in high standard at times.

Just beause the pa announcer wants to get out that does NOT mean that everyone does :lol:

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Old Tom Morris, kantucky will not answer your question.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Old Tom Morris wrote:kantucky

Fine you posted the facts as you knew them. The biggest problem that I have is that I believe you did it with a BIG SMILE on your face. I know how you have feltabout the SEOAL from day one as everyone else does. I also know that you do not like playing DeSales or Bellaire. If Ironton gets out of the SEOAL then you have no complaint about scheduling DeSales and Bellaire because those kind of games will be required to be an independent. Besides the ONLY sport you actually care about is football and all the rest are unimportant to you.

Your actions were less than responsible, of course I would not expect anything else from you regarding the issue. The SEOAL was not part of YOUR plan. You see the whole problem is that the BOE did not consult the AD or anyone else in the administration before making the motion. It was knee jerk at best, and you were very happy to report that someone was making your dream come true.

Now, I could care less what conference we are playing in as long as we are IN a conference. Do not leave until there is someplace to go and if there is no place to go stay in the SEOAL. I do not think there is problem with looking at possible alternatives, but to just up and leave is pretty childish.

Priceless post

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

kantuckyII wrote: .It is being commonly reported that the Ironton Board Of Education, by a 3 to 2 vote, elected to pull Ironton out of the SEOAL.

I wonder if it will really happen?

Mr. Vaughn made a motion for Ironton to get out of the SEOAL. It did not receive a second to be voted on.

A discussion followed. Reasons were given for why the ENTERED the league in the first place. Too many open dates and no one local wanted to play the Tigers like in the past. Travel was brought up and was noted that travel did not really have a concern for football since those games are played on Friday nights. It was discussed about the travel during the week for other teams. All were in agreement that was hard on the students and their families.

2 board members felt they were over stepping the bounds of the AD and that he needed to be the one bringing this motion to the board after discussing it with the coaches. One of those 2 board members said he thought all the coaches were made aware of the travel time when they voted to get in the league. The board member said he knew of only 1 coach, Tim Thomas, who voted no to joining the league. The 2 board members said they thought the coaches should have some input on whether or not to leave the league.

Another board member said they had brought this to the attention of the AD and that they never got anything back on it but that was the board's fault for not following through on it.

After this discussion another motion was brought before the board. It was what would it take to get out of the league without penalities and violating the current the contract. It received a second and passed 3-2. The other 2 still felt it needed to be brought to them by the AD and coaches. They were not for or against doing this just following the proper channels.

So the vote was not to get out of the league but to investigate it.

As a fan who travels, I don't care for the long road trips, but if they stay in the league, I will continue to go and support them as much as I can.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Amen Corner, be patient. Unlike you, I have to actually think, I don't have anyone always telling me what to say like you do.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

kantucky

None of my questions are that hard that you need all day Sunday to come up with answers. After you answer the simple questions we will move on to the harder ones. Come on kantucky QUIT STALLING, answer the questions at hand please.

1. Where do we go if we leave the SEOAL(whats it gonna take to make kantucky happy)?

2. What sport did you play in High School if any?

3.Do you have a child in the Ironton system currently?

4. Does your child participate in any sports at Ironton?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

As far as revenue generation - I have seen the attendence, and it is lower, but I attribute much of that to the fickle fans of the community. The Ironton fan base can be very fickle, one guy even shut down a website last year in a temper fit.

That's funny right there I don't care who you are!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

osumufan wrote:

I agree that is funny but I think that was 2 years ago when the website was shut down. It was back up and running this past football season. I feel that the website shut down in part because of the coaching change in Ironton.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

OSU 77 wrote:
osumufan wrote:

I agree that is funny but I think that was 2 years ago when the website was shut down. It was back up and running this past football season. I feel that the website shut down in part because of the coaching change in Ironton.

Still childish!

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

kantuckyII wrote:Amen Corner, be patient. Unlike you, I have to actually think, I don't have anyone always telling me what to say like you do.

You actually think :lol:

We all know who your role model is :razz:

Maybe he will tell you what a great job you do.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

None of my questions are that hard that you need all day Sunday to come up with answers. After you answer the simple questions we will move on to the harder ones. Come on kantucky QUIT STALLING, answer the questions at hand please.

1. Where do we go if we leave the SEOAL(whats it gonna take to make kantucky happy)?

2. What sport did you play in High School if any?

3.Do you have a child in the Ironton system currently?

4. Does your child participate in any sports at Ironton?

why does this make a difference one way or another :?:

I never played ANY sports at Portsmouth, that does not mean I dont want whats best for the kids in Portsmouth schools and their sports.

just curious.

and Im not getting into the other argument..seems as to two towns of Ironton have it covered :lol:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If fewer fans are going to the football games, that is a major strain on the entire athletic budget. That would lead me to question why Ironton scheduled teams from Canada as a non-league games in recent years? Do those teams bring any fans with them? I am guessing not many Canadians come to those games other than the coaches and players?

Looking at the Ironton 2008 schedule, Gallia Academy, Jackson and Ashland should be well attended games I would think? At least they better be to make up for the Canadian Game and the Week 10 Warren game. I doubt their will be a big crowd from Warren considering that Warren will probably already be in last place in the league at that point of the season, plus the travel time on top of that.

Army
S

Post by Army »

KantuckyII,
Stay in the SEOAL, because Ironton has no place to go but back to independent status. That may be O.K. for Basketball and Baseball playing local at times, but not always. But concerning Football and other sports it might not be, and may be a nightmare for schedules. The SOC II or OVC will not offer an invite to the Fighting Tigers in the for seen future. Do you see either league offering the Fighting Tigers a slot? And you all can forget the TVC-Ohio too. Likewise the SCOL and MSL-Buckeye. And remember, your kids at least have a league to play in and compete in concerning all sports, competeing for honors, championships, and recoginition. And your Teams can win in this SEOAL.

I still like the idea of letting the SEOAL North and South Divisions play for there own championships and seek out at least 1 or 2 more members to join there divisions. Playing as a seperate division as do other Leagues do. Just like the; SOC I and II, the TVC-Ohio and Hocking, the MSL-Buckeye, Cardinal and Ohio, and the OCC-Ohio, Capital, Cardinal Divisions.

The SEOAL North would have to replace Athens and add at least one more team in the future. The SEOAL South would have to try and gain at least one more team to add in the future. Each division could play inter- division as non-league games. In Football, Basketball and other sports.

Or form a league with SEOAL-South and a few SOC II Schools. :-D

ARMY :-D

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I don't think Logan, Jackson or Gallia Academy would go for having seperate division champions. By doing that, you basically are breaking the league up into two seperate leagues (which is what divisional play really is - two different leagues). So Logan vs. Gallia or Logan vs. Jackson would no longer be a league game. I don't think those three schools would go for that personally.

Already, the new SEOAL has ended the continuous play of Logan and Jackson in football each year, as they did not play each other the past two seasons. I just don't see those three schools being seperated from each other into different divisions playing for different championships.

Return to “Football”