school records how serious do you take them?

91blue14
SE

school records how serious do you take them?

Post by 91blue14 »

i watched a piece on mike and mike in the morning. the subject and interview was about jerry rice setting the receiving record in 12 games because of the strike. he mentioned the word asterick because of the strike limiting him to 12 rather than 16 that randy moss is getting. he said he would congratulate moss if he breaks it and relinquish the crown but he was definitley playing straddle the fence. sean salisbury was a guest and said this is the only position in football that is non debateable is that a word, spelling. he said jerry rice is the best receiver regardless of what anyone else accomplishes.

i am begging the question are the record holders at your school the best to play the respected position :?:

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

I think it depends. A lot of variables figure into it though. I've seen some very good RB's that were far from the record, but b/c of the team they were on, or the line they ran behind, deserved a lot more than one who, say , ran behind an excellent line or was on a great team etc...
Another example would be TFL's or sacks on defense. If a LB holds a sack record and he happened to have a DC that blitzed him every other down, it doesn't necessarily make him the best LB.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Your line play is the key !!! Your good runners even will say that!!!On the Rice vs Moss !!! Thing, I go on stats !! So be it!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

we know what makes any offense or defense go but does records make you the best :?:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

91 !!! Good Question???IMO not always!!!

Return to “Football”