Northwest Mohawks Head Coach-2008?

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Northwest Mohawks Head Coach-2008?

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Is there any word on who will be coaching the Mohawks in 2008?

PAIN IS TEMPORARY..........CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE FOREVER!!
Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

I have not heard of any resignation either. I would think with a 1-19 record the past two seasons the school would be considering a change.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Yes, they may be 1-19, but you cannot blame this all on the coach. This team has went through more than their share of tragedies the past couple of years and anyone who doesn't think this has had a major impact has lost their mind.

Northwest has rarely fielded a winning team, so to blame it on the current coach is not fair. Some schools excel in some sports and falter in others. Northwest, for the most part, is not a "football" school. They have fielded some excellent baseball teams and probably have excelled in other sport seasons as well, but football has almost always been a tough sport for them to crack.

I know Mark and have not seen him for years, but I bet he still has the same fire and passion for the kids and the game as he always has. One thing about Northwest, they never quit. That in itself is a life lesson.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

I asked a simple question concerning who would be coaching, I did not intend for that question to insult Coach Spears. You are correct in saying that Northwest is not a "Football School". I do know that the past two years have been difficult ones for the community out there as well as the football program. If Coach Spears is going to coach in 2008 then say so, do not take it that I am pointing fingers for their lack of success. Actually, you have to admire anyone who is willing to coach out there. It's not like anyone will turn the program around. It is there for the kids enjoyment to play the game. Know that I did not intend to insult anyone, just asked a question, that's all.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:Yes, they may be 1-19, but you cannot blame this all on the coach. This team has went through more than their share of tragedies the past couple of years and anyone who doesn't think this has had a major impact has lost their mind.

Northwest has rarely fielded a winning team, so to blame it on the current coach is not fair. Some schools excel in some sports and falter in others. Northwest, for the most part, is not a "football" school. They have fielded some excellent baseball teams and probably have excelled in other sport seasons as well, but football has almost always been a tough sport for them to crack.

I know Mark and have not seen him for years, but I bet he still has the same fire and passion for the kids and the game as he always has. One thing about Northwest, they never quit. That in itself is a life lesson.

i agree with you one that

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Mark Spears

Cardinal70
Waterboy

Post by Cardinal70 »

I don't understand how they are not able to keep kids out from junior high to high school. It just seems that this school should be competitive at every sport. They have decent facilities, and the numbers on the junior high team seem good. But what happens?

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

to say it is not a football school would be accurate larry hall could 'nt even win there

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

mark spears will be the coach, he is a great coach...and the number of wins will increse over the next few years! he works his kids hard.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Cardinal70 wrote:I don't understand how they are not able to keep kids out from junior high to high school. It just seems that this school should be competitive at every sport. They have decent facilities, and the numbers on the junior high team seem good. But what happens?

Someone once said, "Winning is contagious, unfortunately, so is losing." It is the "state of mind" that will have to change. As you said, everything else is there, the facilities, the kids and the community support. It will take a strong leader with a great group of assistant coaches to make this happen, and it will not happen overnight. Good Luck to Coach Spears and his staff in 2008!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

How many kids are in the weight room?
There has been no talk on here. Are the kids working hard?

These Soph and Juniors should start seeing some results. wasn't they very sucessful in JH?

NWMohawks
Waterboy

Post by NWMohawks »

None, we havent started lifting yet, the only lifting we do is in athletic PE during school and only 3 of 4 are in that class.

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

NWMohawks Posted:
None, we havent started lifting yet, the only lifting we do is in athletic PE during school and only 3 of 4 are in that class.

Good luck next season, you'll need it! Is anybody else not lifting yet?

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Tobias wrote:Why hasn't Northwest begun lifting?

They have!!! i saw them lifting after school the other day!!!

NWMohawks
Waterboy

Post by NWMohawks »

We were only maxing, and that is the only weight lifting or conditioning that we have done since football season.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Feb 1 and all they have done is max out once?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

all-time athlete wrote:
Tobias wrote:Why hasn't Northwest begun lifting?

They have!!! i saw them lifting after school the other day!!!

Kids here lift for track ;-)

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

NWMohawks wrote:None, we havent started lifting yet, the only lifting we do is in athletic PE during school and only 3 of 4 are in that class.

Im sorry, but thats pathetic this day and age. If coach Spears is the right guy for the program then he would have these kids lifting. Most schools started in December or at the latest just after break.
Do they not have a paid position/supplement for strength coach? Most schools do. I know even a small school like East pays a supplement for this.
I don't have to name all of the benefits that come from wt. training, but besides that, the mindset of preparing as a team would be something these kids could really use.
I surely hope this isn't true.

NWMohawks
Waterboy

Post by NWMohawks »

I wish this wasnt the case but, we did another max today in power-cling and dead lift. There was only one coach who showed up and we start lifting wednesday but only two or three days a week.

NWMohawks
Waterboy

Post by NWMohawks »

Coach is to busy coaching basketball right now, then after that he coaches track so ??????????????????????????????????????????

Return to “Football”