Trevor Walls

wavern
Waterboy

Trevor Walls

Post by wavern »

With 3 weeks to signing day, has Trevor decided, and what offers has he got on the table.

What about other seniors?

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

The only official offer Trevor has so far is Div II Findlay. Toledo lost a commit and are coming to see Trevor Friday. Keep your fingers crossed for an offer.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

It's amazing a kid with this much talent doesn't have an offer. I figured after watching their game with Westfall he would be a MAC talent and maybe more.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Recruiting is a bizzare business I guess.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

thing is Bman walls can throw the ball and you would need a MAC school with a receiver to catch it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: bad joke I know

He will get something, I really thought marshall might look at him. and thought there was a rumor of OU at one time

wavern
Waterboy

Post by wavern »

Wrong side of I70 I guess. It really gets to me that colleges can't seem to find there way into southern Ohio. I have seen alot of great talent get overlooked down here.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Columbia and other Ivy league schools would love to have Trevor. No Athletic scholarships but they can make a great education very affordable and Trevor is Valedictorian of his class. So that is always on the table. Many big time recruiters have made their way to Waverly to see Coach Wright and Trevor just empty handed so far. After signing day when some get stiffed by their darlings Trevor's phone will be ringing!

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

Trevor sounds like a great kid. I've seen him play and I think he is definitely a small D1 prospect at least. Hopefully someone will wise up and give him an offer. It does seem like Southern Ohio kids get overlooked. You can't convince me that if he were from Columbus, Cincy, or Cleveland that he wouldn't have been signed already.

Much Obliged
ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

If Trevor can get an Ivy League education and play football at the D1-AA level, then that really seems like the best option to me. It sounds like Mr. Walls is as talented in the classroom as he is on the football field. Congrats to him on a great career at Waverly and best of luck in the future.

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

didnt trevor get a 32 on his ACT ??????????????

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Ivy League here I come.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

No that was Mason Good
Trevor got a 26

lawnchair
Waterboy

Post by lawnchair »

Does the Ivy League recruit in southern ohio? I remember some players over the past several years who have received serious attention from Ivy league schools.

Although the talent level is different between Ivy and MAC, I'm surprised at the amount of attention local athletes get from the Ivy League and how little they get from local MAC schools.
Last edited by lawnchair on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

lawnchair wrote:Does the Ivy League recruit in southern ohio? I remember some players over the past several years who have received serious attention from Ivy league schools.

Although the talent level is different between Ivy and MAC, I'm surprised at the amount of attention local athletes get from the MAC and how little they get from local MAC schools.

Not sure but I'm pretty sure Vinton Co. had some one go to Princeton from football in the late 90's early 2000's.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

By CLIFTON BROWN
Published: October 29, 1995
It was a mistake-filled day for Columbia and a touchdown-filled day for Princeton.

In a battle for first place in the Ivy League, Princeton drove 59 yards in eight plays for the score, which came on a 4-yard touchdown pass from Harvey to Ben Gill. Mr. Gill played in the middle 90's at Wheelersburg

pantherfb
Waterboy

Post by pantherfb »

JohnKnight,

Please check your PMs regarding Trevor. Thanks.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I hear he's going to Findlay tomorrow (Saturday) and then New Mexico State is flying him down there next Saturday.

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

Most people around here have NO IDEA how hard a D-I scholarship is for football and basketball players. I am not surprised that the recruiting three ring circus has gone this way. It is still very possible that someone will come knocking or maybe not; but right now this young man and his family just need to make the best choice for the best education possible for his future, regardless of the football DI, DII, Ivy League, garbage. Also, his ACT, class rank, and personal decisions are really nobody's business but his and his parents.

I read somewhere that if a player gets 500 to 1,000 letters, phone calls and visits combined in a month, then he is considered a "highly recruited" D-I athlete. If he gets 300-500 letters, calls and visits combined, then he is a "moderately recruited" D-I athlete, who MIGHT stand a chance of a real offer on the table. Less than a hundred a month...well that's what nearly everyone on the radar gets. That's the reality of it at the D-I level, and I am afraid that some people not used to the circus confuse what seems like a lot of letters, phone calls, and visits with offers and being highly recruited. It ain't an offer (especially the coveted "full ride offer" until it's an offer and the contract is signed on the dotted line. It's a lot like getting a job or buying a house. When the contract is signed, it's a deal and not before then. The rest is just hype, and these coaches are just hedging their bets with hundreds or even thousands of "prospects'. The waiting game is very stressful for the athlete and the family, but really all that matters is that the young man uses his ability to help him get the best education possible on a campus he chooses or likes, and that he gets the chance to continue playing a game he loves while 98% of the rest of the 18 year olds have reached the end of their abilities. DI, DII, Whatever. For that, he should be proud and grateful.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

1fan1, his ACT and other stats are listed on Rivals so it is clear that it is public knowledge and as his coach I am doing everything I can to get him noticed. Don't act like you know what my job is. I have been contacted by more than one college coach through this site because of my promotion of Trevor. I do this for the kid and his parents do appreciate it.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

John you are to be commended for you efforts above and beyond the call of duty for not only waverly kids but other kids in the area you have helped to get to the next level.

Return to “Football”