Chillicothe maybe looking at Independent 2009

ghostwriter
Varsity

Chillicothe maybe looking at Independent 2009

Post by ghostwriter »

I understand that if the following teams leave in the next two years Ironton, Marietta, and Warren leave as have been stated after the Zanesville announcement....Chillicothe may go independent in 2009....

Any truth to this????

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:Curious as to where that notion comes from? Chillicothe's admin is already speculating that as many as three more schools will bolt? If Chillicothe wouldnt like a five team SEOAL, why would they want to have to try to schedule ALL their games as an independent?

But knock yourself out? Some of these new schools have done nothing but trash talk and disrespect a league whose only fault is letting them in.

May I remind you that the SEOAL is the oldest CONTINUOUSLY operating HS league in Ohio, and is in our 83rd year of uninterrupted affiliation. It is going to take more than fuel costs to destroy that, the naysayers notwithstanding.

BTW if you think you have high travel costs now, wait til you have to fill out schedules as an independent for all levels of both sexes. Lotsa luck!

So were other famous OHSAA leagues that went under. :-D :shock: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think Army is a plant and he trying to take the league down

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!

Put a sock in it chicken little!

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

gahs4ever wrote:
But knock yourself out? Some of these new schools have done nothing but trash talk and disrespect a league whose only fault is letting them in.

BTW if you think you have high travel costs now, wait til you have to fill out schedules as an independent for all levels of both sexes. Lotsa luck!

Both these statements are right on

Army
S

Re: Chillicothe maybe looking at Independent 2009

Post by Army »

ghostwriter wrote:I understand that if the following teams leave in the next two years Ironton, Marietta, and Warren leave as have been stated after the Zanesville announcement....Chillicothe may go independent in 2009....

Any truth to this????

Hmmmmmmmmmm.................. :?: :-D

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Sounds like a fishing expedition here. I can see Ironton opting out. I think Marietta and/or Warren would have to have a major reason to leave.

Some speculate Warren could end up in the Muskingum Valley League. If they do, then I'm going to have some major questions for the league membership. I have been told, over and over again, that one reason the MVL will not take Zanesville is because the league would prefer to bring in a school that is in the MIDDLE of the pack in terms of enrollment, rather than one at the top (although Tri-Valley has passed us). Warren does not fit that profile, so I'd be extremely miffed if they relented to take Warren and ignored Zanesville.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:Sounds like a fishing expedition here. I can see Ironton opting out. I think Marietta and/or Warren would have to have a major reason to leave.

Some speculate Warren could end up in the Muskingum Valley League. If they do, then I'm going to have some major questions for the league membership. I have been told, over and over again, that one reason the MVL will not take Zanesville is because the league would prefer to bring in a school that is in the MIDDLE of the pack in terms of enrollment, rather than one at the top (although Tri-Valley has passed us). Warren does not fit that profile, so I'd be extremely miffed if they relented to take Warren and ignored Zanesville.

Zanes Vegas,

Last night at the B-Ball game, the fans from Vincent Warren Local said there admin are pressing the TVC again, just as your school is going to press the ECOL again. I think Warren Local has an opportunity but must convince Wellston and Pomeroy-Meigs that there Warriors are a better fit than Chesire River Valley's Raiders are. The rest of the old timer TVC Charter members are for Warren Local to come back in. McArthur Vinton County D3, Albany Alexander D4, Belpre D5 and Nelsonville-York D5. The Plains Athens D3 is said to be pushing for a yes vote for Waren Local to re-enter Conference and become the 8th team in the TVC-Ohio. :-D

Only Wellston D4 and Pomeroy Meigs D4 are supposed to be holding out for Chesire River Valley to become the 8th team for the TVC-Ohio.

I think if the SEOAL loses 5 teams...Athens and Zanesville already gone, Ironton most likely, Vincent Warren Local and Marietta......Chillicothe will have to really start to think what direction they want to go. Because many feel if that many depart so will Portsmouth. With the Trojans going back to independent.

If that happens, Chillicothe will look to join another stable league, like the SCOL or MSL-Buckeye....which are both in our backyard.

Or go independent. :-D

In which case, in Football...if they went independent, the schedule would be a little more difficult during the second half of the season but they could do it. :-D

In Chillicothe CAV D3 Football we could play as independents against;

1. Hamilton TWP D2-MSL-Buckeye Div
2. Columbus South D1 CCL-South Div
3. Wilmington D3-Fort Ancient League
4. Greenfield McClain D3-SCOL
5. Waverly D4 SOC II
6. Portsmouth D4-if they are also independent
7. Ironton D4-if they are also independent
8. Steubenville D4-independent
9. Zanesville-D2-independent
10. Greenville D2 independent

In Kentucky against:

Ashland Tomcats AAA
Boyd County AAA
Russell County AAA
Greenup County AAA
Johnson Central AAA

In West Virginia against:

Winfield AAA
Huntington AAA
Point Pleasent, WV AA

In Basketball and other sports it would be no problem for the Chillicothe Cavaliers to schedule.

There is the:

*OCC, Especially.....Lancaster, Newark, Groveport-Madison and Upper Arlington, along with Pickerington North, Pataskila Watkins Memorial, Mt. Vernon and Sunbury Big Walnut

*CCL (Columbus City League)....Columbus South, Columbus East and Columbus West

*CCL (Central Catholic League)....Columbus St. Charles Prep, Bishop Watterson, Columbus Bishop Ready, Columbus St. Francis Desales, Worthington Christian.... etc.

*Fort Ancient League....Wilmington

*MSL-Buckeye..... Circleville, Logan Elm, Amanda Clearcreek, Ashville Teays Valley, Hamilton TWP, Canal Winchester

*MSL Cardinal....Lancaster Fisher Catholic, Pickerington Harvest Prep, West Jefferson

*MSL Ohio Divisions.....Bexley, Whitehall-Yearling, Newark Catholic

*MOCAL.....Lancaster Fairfield Christian, Groveport-Madison Christian, Grove City Christian, Westerville Northside Christian, Gahanna Christian, Delaware Christian, Columbus Tree of Life

*SCOL....Greenfield McClain, Hillsboro, Washington C.H., Washington C.H. Miami-Trace, London

*SOC II.....Waverly, Wheelersburg, Ottway Northwest, Portsmouth West, Minford, Lucasville Valley

*SOC I Oak Hill, Portsmouth Notre Dame, Portsmouth East Sciotoville Community, Portsmouth Clay, Glenwood New Boston

*TVC-Ohio....McArthur Vinton County, Wellston, Albany Alexander, The Plains Athens, Nelsonville-York, Pomeroy Meigs

*TVC-Hocking......Glouster Trimble, Stewart Federal Hocking

*SVC....Chillicothe Unioto, Chillicothe Zane Trace, Chillicothe Huntington Ross, Chillicothe Southeastern-Ross, Frankfort Adena, Bainbridge Paint Valley, Westfall, Piketon

*OVC Teams.....Rock Hill, Procterville Fairland, South Point, Chesire River Valley

*SHL....West Union, Pebbles

*OVAC Teams......Zanesville Bishop Roscrans, Fort Frye

*Zanesville

*Ironton if they leave and go back to independent

*Portsmouth if they leave and go back to independent

In Kentucky against:

Ashland Tomcats AAA
Boyd County AAA
Russell County AAA
Greenup County AAA
Johnson Central AAA

In West Virginia against:

Winfield AAA
Huntington AAA
Point Pleasent AA

So....in all other sports at (Chillicothe) within the SE-Ohio and in Central Ohio Radius, our CAV Teams would have no problems scheduling for our:

Fall Sports
Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams, Girls Volleyball Team, Boys and Girls Soccer Teams, Girls Tennis Team, Golf Team

Winter Sports
Boys and Girls Basketball Teams, Boys and Girls Swimming Teams, Girls Gymnastics Team, Boys Wrestling Team and Boys and Girls Bowling Teams

Spring Sports
Boys Baseball Team, Girls Softball Team, Boys and Girls Track and Field Teams and Boys Tennis Team

Some Logan posters on here and others, such as Gahs4ebver find that hard to believe that Chillicothe could survive if we elected to go independent. :roll: :roll:

But isn't it odd that Portsmouth was an independent from 1975-1985 and 1993-2006. Likewise, Ironton too....1930-1963 and 1992-2006? Zanesville for 10 years plus. Right? :-D

Football wouldn't be that bad for our JV, Freshman and Junior High Teams to locally schedule.

They could schedule local teams like: :-D

1. Chillicothe Unioto D4 SVC
2. Chillicothe Zane Trace D4 SVC
3. Circleville D3 MSL-Buckeye
4. Greenfield McClain D3 SCOL
5. Hillsboro D4 SCOL
6. McArthur Vinton County D3 TVC-Ohio
7. Waverly D4 SOC II
8. Portsmouth D4 if they are independent

I would prefer and hope we stay in the SEOAL but if all the major teams leave I wouldn't blame our CAVS if they booted, especially in a league that in 2-4 years might only have 4 teams left in it :?: :-D

ARMY :-D

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Man, that's a whole lot of dead bandwidth right there! LOL

Army
S

Post by Army »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:Man, that's a whole lot of dead bandwidth right there! LOL

Sorry Dude.....just had to say if and maybe when.....we could :!: :lol:

ghostwriter
Varsity

Re: Chillicothe maybe looking at Independent 2009

Post by ghostwriter »

Army wrote:
ghostwriter wrote:I understand that if the following teams leave in the next two years Ironton, Marietta, and Warren leave as have been stated after the Zanesville announcement....Chillicothe may go independent in 2009....

Any truth to this????

Hmmmmmmmmmm.................. :?: :-D

My friend from Chillicothe has told me that the AD is very serious about this move....They have been discussing this move after the Zanesville news breaker....

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I say let Chilly go. Maybe they can find a league they can win a football championship.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Or Logan a playoff game?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I've simply grown tired of your constant barbs.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:Or Logan a playoff game?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I've simply grown tired of your constant barbs.

That's funny a Playoff game....League Championships means nothing unless you can Advance....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Just weary of his constant, boorish, unvaried, stale assaults.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

ZV

Glad I am not the only one that feels the same way.

in the "wise" words of Yogi Berra its sorta like "Deja Vu all over again" and another gem that I am sure we could apply to 2old from Yogi " You can observe a lot by watching "

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

:lol:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Coming to the SEOAL was one of the best things to happen to Chillicothe Athletics in a long time. Leaving the leagure makes no sense at all even with some of the other new schools go. Life scheduling as an independent is not always easy unless you have years of developing a relationship with schools and people. As I heard one old coach so, "Can't you guys stand prosperity"

Why would they want out. I would bet the house that the SCOL will not take Chillicothe in! ;-)

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Well I see ZV has finally shown his Chieftain football envy. I guess he is getting over the beat down Logan put on the Devils this season. There will be another one next year.

As far as you guys crying around that a championship does not count just have not won one. At least not in the last 4 years. If you don't want to win a league championship then maybe you should just go independent.

Army
S

Post by Army »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Coming to the SEOAL was one of the best things to happen to Chillicothe Athletics in a long time. Leaving the leagure makes no sense at all even with some of the other new schools go. Life scheduling as an independent is not always easy unless you have years of developing a relationship with schools and people. As I heard one old coach so, "Can't you guys stand prosperity"

Why would they want out. I would bet the house that the SCOL will not take Chillicothe in! ;-)

They asked if we were interested before we opted to join the SEOAL.....you were saying :?:

Return to “Football”