Has anything been done at River Valley?

old-timer
Freshman Team

Has anything been done at River Valley?

Post by old-timer »

Just curious if any progress has taken place towards getting this job filled. Any new applicants? Only one stated was a Polcyn. Any information would be nice for concerned fans. Thanks

Army
S

Post by Army »

No Head Coach yet :?:

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I heard Don Kunz applied

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I have heard nothing!!!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Crazy idea, this job needs filled soon so they can get in the weight room under the head coach.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The Word is that the weight room is open and being run by two assistant coaches and a person from the community. At least it will be open for the kids to get started. Anytime there is a change things get up in the air for awhile. Do you rush in an hire without exploring all avenues or take your time looking for what might be the best candidate and matching a coach with a teach positon. Money is tight in just about all school systems so there are alot of things to weigh in this and it is not always an easy call on what to do. Plus what you think is the perfect fit may not be and what looks bad can sometimes be what is best. 8)

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Do the Raiders return many starters. What type of skilled personel will return for our raiders. I think the QB was a senior, but how about other starters. Does anyone know the type of turn-out for the weightroom. Are any of the assistant coaches interested in staying on staff if they don't take the head coaching position?

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

The QB will be a senior. They return a few skilled kids and some lineman.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I say don't rush. Get it right

John 3:16
BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

7462 what? they need a coach now!!!

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

B Ballin, your right I think they are probably already behind. They have to hire a new coach and then he needs new assistants and needs to see what kind of talent and kids he has back. Every day without a coach is a day further they get behind. GO RAIDERS

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Curious of the type of offenses often seen by the Raiders from their opponents? Are the teams power smash mouth or Spread & Quick hitting run plays. How has the underclassmen done when success is consodered on the football field? How does the future look in regards to Numbers and type of atheletes. Is there any Youth football set up within the school or not?

GO Raiders!!!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

That RV is not just jumping in and hiring a coach without weighing options is not a novel idea. Take a look at the list of schools that are looking and have dealines for applications of February 1 or later.

http://www.ohsaa.org/members/coaches/classified.html

I think the teams on RV schedule run a wide range of offensive and defensive schemes.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

My guess then they don't like who they have!!! And they are in hope for some one else??? ;-)

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

You can only speculate on that. 8)

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I just hope that they have someone in the interview process that has an idea about football, because in the past in some instances this has not been the case. They also need to see if there are any teaching positions.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

BBallin fool wrote:My guess then they don't like who they have!!! And they are in hope for some one else??? ;-)

What are you implying? Are you looking to make a move to the northern part of the county?

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I stand by what I said: Don't rush!!!!! The kids should be in the weight room on their own.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

7462 I no what your saying! But I think its going to be hard to get a good coach to take the job!!!I mean nothing bad by it, But imo you will have to start from bottom, and work up and get to know the players and bring some new kids in !!! And yes storm your right about moving !!!But wrong way, Moving to town.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Hope they get the guy thats right for the job. Love to see this program get on the upswing.

Return to “Football”