Has he signed with anybody yet?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

How big is English !!! and 40 time???

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Don't know about 40 time, but he was the Southeast District D-II champion @ 200 meters last spring. Ran a 23.34 FAT.

I think he's in the 180 or 190-pound range, but not sure.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Alot of southeastern ohio players get over looked!!! How many yards did he rush for this season?

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

I think these are right........

Rushing
1848 yards
24 TDs

2 REC TDs

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Great name!!! :-D

Fame is a vapor.....popularity an accident and riches take wing.

The only thing that endures is your character.
BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Some one should give the young man a shot with stats like that .

tiger_4_ever
Waterboy

Post by tiger_4_ever »

SE Ohio, DI or 11 offers hard to get!!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Id like to see him at OU... its a local University and i think he could really work into their mix...

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

true...

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Remember_The_Name wrote:Id like to see him at OU... its a local University and i think he could really work into their mix...

If he did go to OU, he would probably have to walk on and then try to get a scholarship after his Freshman year. Jay Edwards is one local player that is on scholarship, but most of the other local players in the past had to walk on--Kevin Culver (Sheridan), Aaron Walser (Sheridan), Tyler Huffman (New Lex)

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

boogerred wrote:Don't know about 40 time, but he was the Southeast District D-II champion @ 200 meters last spring. Ran a 23.34 FAT.

I think he's in the 180 or 190-pound range, but not sure.

I don't think 180-190 is FAT at all. :lol:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

BobcatThunder....don't forget about Meigs' own Justin Roush. He was a walk-on at OU that ended up being a starter and contributed a whole lot for the Bobcats. It's a shame that a school that close to so many talented high school athletes just totally ignores local recruiting. You look at OU's rosters of their sports teams and most of the kids are from out of state. You look at the rosters of Ohio State's sports teams and most of their kids are from in state. You tell me which one has the superior athletics.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ohio Universities Roster is loaded with In-state kids! Period! You need to check those rosters before you come on here spouting things you don't understand.

Football 60 of 105 are from Ohio, including several Southern Ohio kids.
Basketball (mens) 5 of 15
Baseball 30 of 39 from OHIO
Cross Country 18 of 21 from OHIO
golf 5 of 10 from OHIO
Wrestling 24 of 26 from OHIO
Basektball (womens) 6 of 14 from OHIO - first place in MAC East
Cross Country (womens) 22 of 26 are from OHIO
Field Hockey only two girls, back to back MAC Champions, nationally ranked, and Field Hockey is not a hot sport in Ohio. Few DI players.
Women's Golf 6 of 9 from OHIO
Soccer 16 of 24 from OHIO
Swimming 11 of 33 and swimming is not nationally strong in Ohio, however the women's team is top 1 or 2 every year in the MAC
Track (womens) 50 of 56 girls are from OHIO
Volleyball 7 of 16 are from OHIO, which is not a nationally recurited state for VB, and the OHIO program is a top 20 program year in and year out for the past 5 years.

Overall Ohio University has done a good job in recuriting local kids. Just face it, with a small population you have smaller pool to pull from which means overall less talent.

As for Ohio Universities most successful programs on a National, Regional, and Conference level are the teams with the lowest number of Ohio kids.

And Frozen Rope, to compare Ohio State's Athletic Department to that of OHIO or any other MAC school is a joke. Ohio State is able to spend more money on athletics than all other athletics programs in the STATE combined!!!!!

I can also name you every football player that is east of Route 23 and South of 70 that has been on the roster at Ohio University of the past 20 years. And the list is quite large, some might be surprised due to this preception that OHIO ignores all local kids. I can also give you a good and long list of local kids who were scholarship and quit!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Pol Pot wrote:Ohio Universities Roster is loaded with In-state kids! Period! You need to check those rosters before you come on here spouting things you don't understand.

Football 60 of 105 are from Ohio, including several Southern Ohio kids.
Basketball (mens) 5 of 15
Baseball 30 of 39 from OHIO
Cross Country 18 of 21 from OHIO
golf 5 of 10 from OHIO
Wrestling 24 of 26 from OHIO
Basektball (womens) 6 of 14 from OHIO - first place in MAC East
Cross Country (womens) 22 of 26 are from OHIO
Field Hockey only two girls, back to back MAC Champions, nationally ranked, and Field Hockey is not a hot sport in Ohio. Few DI players.
Women's Golf 6 of 9 from OHIO
Soccer 16 of 24 from OHIO
Swimming 11 of 33 and swimming is not nationally strong in Ohio, however the women's team is top 1 or 2 every year in the MAC
Track (womens) 50 of 56 girls are from OHIO
Volleyball 7 of 16 are from OHIO, which is not a nationally recurited state for VB, and the OHIO program is a top 20 program year in and year out for the past 5 years.

Overall Ohio University has done a good job in recuriting local kids. Just face it, with a small population you have smaller pool to pull from which means overall less talent.

As for Ohio Universities most successful programs on a National, Regional, and Conference level are the teams with the lowest number of Ohio kids.

And Frozen Rope, to compare Ohio State's Athletic Department to that of OHIO or any other MAC school is a joke. Ohio State is able to spend more money on athletics than all other athletics programs in the STATE combined!!!!!

I can also name you every football player that is east of Route 23 and South of 70 that has been on the roster at Ohio University of the past 20 years. And the list is quite large, some might be surprised due to this preception that OHIO ignores all local kids. I can also give you a good and long list of local kids who were scholarship and quit!
Check Mate(GREAT POST)

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

meigs english? is that an appalachian dialect? or slang? ;-)

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

And I can give you a long list of kids who were more than capabable (both in the classroom and on the field) and totally ignored.

Pol pot
SE

Kids capable?

Post by Pol pot »

O.K. Rope, I will give you a challenge. Tell me a kid who was recruited by a Divison I school as a SCHOLARSHIP ATHLETE that was not recruited by Ohio University as a SCHOLARSHIP ATHLETE. Do not give me what your "untrained" eye calls talent. Because I can tell you from personal experience that if the kid can play they will be found, either as a scholarship kid or as a preferred walk-on.

One of my hot button issues, is that people believe Ohio University has an OBLIGATION to recruit local kids! They do not! They have an obligation to win games and collect alumni money, and put butts in seats. Yes, a local kid will put butts in seats for a short period of time, but how many people come to see the local kid who does not play on a team that can not win?

In fact Rope, I will challenge you to name me 10 kids east of 23 and South of I70 to be on a football scholarship in the last 10 years at Ohio University......the purpose of said challenge is to prove you have missed the reality boat on this topic. You say you have seen talent, give me 10 kids who went to OHIO in that geographic area in that time frame, and then show me ten kids who did not but went somewhere else!

I have news for you, the guy they pay 200K at Kent, has a job to win games! The guy paid 1.8M at UC has a job to win games. The fat tub of goo at Toledo is paid 370K to win games, do you really think they put their job on the line to lose or take favorites?

For that matter the Coach of the CATS is one of the top 10 winningest active coaches in the Country with 10 or more years, do you think he got there because he could not EVALUATE talent?

schenk11
All Conference

Re: Kids capable?

Post by schenk11 »

Pol Pot wrote:O.K. Rope, I will give you a challenge. Tell me a kid who was recruited by a Divison I school as a SCHOLARSHIP ATHLETE that was not recruited by Ohio University as a SCHOLARSHIP ATHLETE. Do not give me what your "untrained" eye calls talent. Because I can tell you from personal experience that if the kid can play they will be found, either as a scholarship kid or as a preferred walk-on.

Justin Estes form Marietta is on a full ride at Southern Miss. He was also being recruited by Clemson, Purdue, and several DII schools. Ohio University did not recruit him.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ohio University also had one of the Nations top kickers last year. There is one, and there are actually one or two more out there in the past twenty years. But do you really think the local University should be 100%? My statement was in the original post, was OHIO University has been on the doorstep of almost all of the DI players in the region (as defined by my post). Remember, recuriting is not an exact science. If it was Estaban Weaver would have shoes named after him.

Return to “Football”