Warren Warrior Football 2008

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Warren Warrior Football 2008

Post by BigBlueinsider »

With Athens leaving the league and last year being the last we play fort frye, we picked Meigs and Parkersburg South. Two pretty tough teams added to an already not-so-easy schedule.

Not to mention, the last three games are:
At Logan
At Chili
At Ironton

and before the the road trip, we play Portsmouth at home.

pretty rough schedule

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Warren needs to downgrade their football schedule if they are ever to turn around that program. Parkersburg South went 0-10 this past season, so that could be a winnable game for Warren. Belpre and Meigs could be winnable games for Warren as well, but all three of those teams could beat Warren as well. I don't see Warren winning any other games next year. Now that Athens is gone, SEOAL football wins for Warren will be few and far between for the forseeable future.

At best, I see Warren going 3-7 next year. At worst, 0-10.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren looked like their younger programs were competing with other league teams. They just may surprise some teams in 2008 and 2009 should have them moving up the latter.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

NYBuckeye96
Warren has seven league games in a league that has several dominate teams, possibly the toughest league in SEO. That leaves three non-league games. It is tough to soften their schedule up when you have to play Logan, Marietta, Zanesville, Chilli, Ironton, Portsmouth ... I think you get the idea.
I am not sure if scheduling three sure wins for non-league will help much, progress needs to be made against league teams so players start to believe. Near upset of Jackson last year shows some progress. Maybe Warren can knock off a team this year.

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

Three sure wins. Are you saying that Belpre is going to be a sure win in 2008, I don't think so.

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

Oh, Fighting falcon doesn't like it when the "scheduling" shoe is on the other foot. :(

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

wont beat marietta ;-)

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Not saying anything "sure wins" on next years schedule.
Our friend from buckeye land mentioned softing the schedule to help the program. I indicated that the league portition of the schedule is tough no matter what. My point was schedule anyone you want non-league but if you schedule teams that are "sure wins" it may not get you ready for the SEOAL part of the schedule.

Dufresne
The TVC is one of the weakest leagues in Ohio all sports. Warren, who is down in football (what 6-50 ??) the last five years still beat the TVC champion on the road. The lady vikes went down to an 8th seed, etc but that is another conversation.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

afan...I have spoke with a few people from the TVC. all have said belpre will be down. With the absence of waderker, the team will take a big hit. Im not knocking the athletes at belpre, but it could be an off year for them. We'll have to see what happens on that friday evening in August.....

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

You are right; Belpre will miss Waderker, but with increased numbers, Belpre will be a better team next year.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

fighting_falcon wrote:Dufresne
The TVC is one of the weakest leagues in Ohio all sports. Warren, who is down in football (what 6-50 ??) the last five years still beat the TVC champion on the road. The lady vikes went down to an 8th seed, etc but that is another conversation.

How many conferences in Southeast Ohio has sent 4 teams to the final 4 in basketball in the last 10 years... Don't include basketball

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

I said ALL sports. The TVC is a joke in all sports. To be fair the SEOAL is mostly bigger schools unitl you go to the south and then Ironton and Portsmouth are there. How would/did you do against those in any sports.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Probably as good as Warren has done in most years, this includes football as Warren hasn't really be setting the league on fire since they got into the SEOAL back in the mid-1980's.

Plus, Belpre shouldn't do as good in the SEOAL if they were in it, they are to small.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Doing fine in other sports and did beat the TVC champs last year.

afan
Riding the Bench

Post by afan »

Just barely, and wouldn't have if they played any later in the season; and didn't they get skunked by Belpre in wrestling with the same athletes. By the way that means that Warren didn't win one match.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If I remember right Warren played pretty good football when they first came into the league (SEOAL champs one year)

They do better than average in the other sports--(a lot better)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

If the TVC is such a joke all sports then how do you explain the following...

Belpre - boys state champs in track 1952 (not a member of the TVC then but...) I have to brag, its our only one.

Nelsonville - state champs in football 1981

Alexander - state runners up in volleyball 2007

Belpre boys - state runners up in basketball 1993

Belpre boys - basketball Final Four 1997 and 2001

Eastern boys - basketball Final Four 2002 I believe

Belpre golf team - state finalist 2007

I am sure there are other accomplishments for other TVC schools that I am not aware of, feel free to list them from the other school's posters.

Now list how the mighty SEOAL has done on the state level...

except for the Warren girls basketball team reaching the Final Four in either 1999 or 2000, I am not aware of anything else for them. As for the other SEOAL schools, I would like to know their accomplishments.

The SEOAL should beat the TVC almost everytime they go head to head as the SEOAL contains larger city schools while the TVC is made up of small city and mostly rural schools.

However, the TVC presents itself well on the state level, much more so than the SEOAL has. This is a good indicator of the league's strenght since the schools that are playing each other are of the same size.
Last edited by mister b on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan girl's with Katie Smith was State Runner up to champion Pickerington.

I even think they were a final four too.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

OK, lets list some more. I had forgotten about Katie Smith and Logan girls basketball.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

i believe weve gotten off topic of warren football....come on now boys.
play nicely

Return to “Football”