Varsity

WK 1 Jackson @ Wellston

Post by billcox »

Thoughts, opinions, predictions?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Jackson @ Wellston 2008

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Another year...........another time for everyone to wonder why this game is still being played....

Jackson by a lot. Good luck to Wellston.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

NYBuckeye96....The number one reason this game is played is the $$$$$$$$$$ from the gate. Too much for either school to pass up.

And, since it's at Wellston this year and on a Saturday night, that means even more $$$$$$$$$$$.

BTW, for those counting, the streak is at 17 for Jackson over Wellston.

Will it continue, or will this — as is repeated in Wellston on annual basis — be the year that the streak is snapped?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I think Wellston will be better than they were last season, but I just don't see a 50 point turnaround when Jackson returns a very solid nucleus from last year's team. I'm one of the people who says that this game should end, but as keyser soze said, it's all about the money. Jackson has plenty of other large gates with SEOAL games, but this is the game that supports Wellston's athletic program for the most part.

As usual, I'll take the Ironmen.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I just hope my alma mater The Golden Rockets can surprise the Ironmen this year, by defeating them. But, I am a realist too.

Good Luck to both Jackson County Teams.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Army wrote:But, I am a realist too.

Really? Based on the past couple of years you sure could've fooled me!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Keyser is right ,,,$$$$$$$ talks ,,,and the streak probably keeps going . The Rockets should be improved and hopefully it will be a competitive game .I ve come to the conclusion the Wellston is just outnumbered in theis game and I just wish they would move it to later in the season so they dont start off 0-1 year in year out .

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Actually, about 20 years ago for a short time, maybe a couple of years, this game used to be week 10. I know it was in 1988, the last time Wellston defeated Jackson at Wellston.

If I'm not mistaken, Todd Bachtel of Jackson had every carry, or almost every carry, for the Ironmen that night.

The next year, Wellston won 21-7 at Jackson, which was Wellston's last victory over Jackson. Bill Fyffe was the head coach, and that marked his third win over Jackson in five years.

It has been all Ironmen ever since, even though there were a few close games in the early 2000s.

Army
S

Post by Army »

SouthernStorm wrote:

SouthernStorm,

You were saying?

I will always support my alma mater the Wellston (Golden Rockets) through their wins and losses. Something, I have noticed at times you are a fair weathered supporter of your teams on here. :-D

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Army wrote:
SouthernStorm wrote:

SouthernStorm,

You were saying?

I will always support my alma mater the Wellston (Golden Rockets) through their wins and losses. Something, I have noticed at times you are a fair weathered supporter of your teams on here. :-D

Exactly how did you come to the conclusion that I am a fair weather fan of my teams? Furthermore, which teams are you saying that I give selective support to? I have ties to many local schools. Therefore, I support many of the local teams.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Southernstorm,

Sounds like you are on your heels, especially after you made your blanket statement towards me. :-D

I have noticed over the past, how you fly into sites and cut someone down before knowing the facts. Especially, for one that is making an honest post on here about their own hometown team, that they played for, and still support. Even though I reside in Chillicothe and our kids go to Chillicothe City Schools, I will always support Wellston, through thick and thin. By the way, did you notice this topic is about two schools, one being my alma mater, the Wellston (Golden Rockets) and the other one is the Jackson (Ironmen) :?:

I do hope they defeat Jackson, but it might be a tuff course again this year to chart. The mixed blessing is, they have the Jackson (Ironmen) at C.H. Jones Field this year at Wellston. I hear the game is on a Saturday this year too :?:

Does anyone know if there is truth to that :?:

Southernstorm, If you have a problem with my assessment towards my alma mater concerning, I am a realist towards the possible result, too bad. :-D

Maybe if you worry about you own team, that is, if you actually have one, we might be better off. :-D

Is it Racine Southern Meigs by chance? :roll:

Or, are you too ashamed of your alma mater :?: :-D

Or, is it that you don't have one, and you are ashamed to admit it :?: :-D

Good luck to the kids who will be playing in this rival game for the Wellston (Golden Rockets) and Jackson (Ironmen) this season.

I wish your (Jackson County) Teams the best success this year in 2008.

Should be a great SEOAL match-up when Chillicothe comes to Jackson this year. :-D

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Wellston wins, 12-6....

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army,

The Jackson-Wellston game is on Saturday this year. When it's played in Wellston, the game is always on Saturday. Will you be making the trip?

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Army wrote:[color=#0040FF]Southernstorm,

Maybe if you worry about you own team, that is, if you actually have one, we might be better off. :-D

First of all, I do have an "[b]Alma Matre
". I graduated from good ole Polk High, class of 1968. Some things never change on here. Jackson will beat Wellston, Chillicothe wont win the SEOAL and you still babble about nothing...

Army
S

Post by Army »

ironman02 wrote:Army,

The Jackson-Wellston game is on Saturday this year. When it's played in Wellston, the game is always on Saturday. Will you be making the trip?

ironman02,

I'll be there. :-D

Especially that the game is on Saturday. The last one I watched was back a few years ago I was home on leave from Ft. Sill, OK. The game was at Wellston and the Golden Rockets had a chance to win it, but lost in a close one. I think Jackson had 25 and Wellston was a touchdown or something like that behind.

Good luck to your Ironmen this year. Do you all start playing Logan this season? If so, is the game at Jackson or up at Logan? I remember that used to be a really good game to watch. Hopefully, Coach Wofford will have the kids pumped and ready, and Logan instead of Chillicothe will be one of those big games he produces a victory over this year. :-D

I think Coach Davidson will have the Chillicothe CAVS ready for that trip to Jackson this season. :-D

I think our kids learned a valuable lesson to never take Jackson lightly ever again. Especially at their place in that brand new stadium. I know the CAVS don't want the same thing to happen this season that took place there in 2006. Right after we had defeated Ironton 47-14 the week before at home. :-D

Hey, good luck this season to your Big Red Ironmen.

I hope your kids have a great season, play together and stay healthy.

Respectfully

Army

GO SEOAL :!:

Army
S

Post by Army »

SouthernStorm wrote:
Army wrote:[color=#0040FF]Southernstorm,

First of all, I do have an "[b]Alma Matre
". I graduated from good ole Polk High, class of 1968. Some things never change on here. Jackson will beat Wellston, Chillicothe wont win the SEOAL and you still babble about nothing...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You were saying Southernstorm,

Alma Mater=As a reference to an academic institution
In many modern languages it is usually and principally heard as a term of academia; thus, in the English language, it is often used in place of the name of the university or college a person has attended or graduated from.

In (American English), it may also be used in reference to the high school that an individual has attended.

Oh by the way, this is the correct way you spell (won't) which means (will not). Unlike the way you spelled the word as (wont). :roll:

Yeah, I would say you did graduate from Polk High in 1968. Glad to know you are such an expert on Chillicothe and Wellston Sports too. If memory serves me right, I remember all the smack you talked about our CAVS when they were headed to the State Title Game in B-Ball. Well, we all know how that story turned out huh :?: :-D

GO SEOAL :!:

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

The Ironmen will make it #18 I believe.............

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Army,

Your memory really is slipping these days! My misspelling of the word alma mater was done intentionally. I was complimenting you on the fact that you now know how to spell the word correctly. A simple click of the search function would easily reveal the countless times that you misspelled the word as Alma MatRE! Also, I never once posted on any topic about Chilly playing in the state championship basketball game. C'mon Army, you are having trouble keeping up!

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Give him a break if he is still in JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

JHS4EVER wrote:Give him a break if he is still in JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say Army can take care of himself. His service in Japan is appreciated, but that really has absolutely nothing to do with posting on a high school football forum.

Return to “Football”