Waterboy

linebackers

Post by hardhitter »

whos got the best set of linebackers?

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Re: linebackers

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Look for one of the best linebackers in the area to be Ostrowski from Minford. The kid was tough as nails as a junior and should be tough this year as long as he keeps working hard.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:Look for one of the best linebackers in the area to be Ostrowski from Minford. The kid was tough as nails as a junior and should be tough this year as long as he keeps working hard.

I agree 110 % with your post. He is a beast.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

What are Ostrowski's particulars in regards to size and speed?

Is he D1 college material?

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

FalconFan wrote:
RogueWarrior1965 wrote:Look for one of the best linebackers in the area to be Ostrowski from Minford. The kid was tough as nails as a junior and should be tough this year as long as he keeps working hard.

I agree 110 % with your post. He is a beast.

I agree with both ya'll.He's buck nasty and he'll put a darn good hit on ya!! :-D

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

5'10 210

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Thanks OST.... a little small for some of the D1 schools around here....but we have enough small colleges including the new Kentucky Christian team that he might land a spot.

on high top
Waterboy

Post by on high top »

coal groves Delawder will be a junior and a 3 year starter.lead team in tackles as a freshmen and second as a soph. with 73.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Well I consider Lancaster being South Eastern Ohio since central ohio doesn't like to claim us as part of them because we are to far outside I-270. That being said, Ryan Cheek MLB for the Gales is the best linebacker in the area.

Ht- 6'0"
Wt- 232 lbs
Forty- 4.51 secs
Bench Max- 385 lbs
Squat Max- 450 lbs
Vertical- 33 inches
Shuttle- 4.1 secs
GPA- 3.8
ACT- 23

Ryan has been offered by Cincinnati and Maryland, also being looked at by Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue, Northwestern, Miami (OH), Kent State and severla others

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Portsmouth West's Trevon Pendleton

Grade: Freshman
Ht: 6'0
Wt: 230
Bench: 260
Squat: 600 Didn't believe it either, until I witnessed it.
40: 4.64
Power clean: 260
He also plays tailback.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

You beat me to it G.O.A.T Trevon is gonna be a force this year. I understand he went for 650 on the squat and was just worn out but can probably get it. Not too shabby for a Freshman. If his ankle holds up, I think this kid will lead the SOC in tackles the next 3 years and possibly in rushing two years. In fact he may go for defensive and offensive player of the year before he graduates. He's that good.

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

Just because a kid can squat 600lbs doesnt make him a good football player im not saying that he isnt cause ive never seen him play but to make a prediction like he will lead the league in tackles for 3 years and rushing for 2 is just stupid

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Obviously you have never seen this kid play before. You will know what were talking about come August. Kids like Mr. Pendleton are very rare. And that statement by Siderman could very well happen.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The Program wrote:Just because a kid can squat 600lbs doesnt make him a good football player im not saying that he isnt cause ive never seen him play but to make a prediction like he will lead the league in tackles for 3 years and rushing for 2 is just stupid

usually this would be true but this kid has the Pedigree and is a super football player. Kids family eats and breaths football. Very knowledgeable about the game. Also his brother wasn't too bad himself. SOC back of the year in 05 and starting tailback for Morehead State, Jerrod Pendleton.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Not sure where Ryan Robertson will line up on defense for the Waverly Tigers but he could be one of the best around if he plays there.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Not sure where Ryan Robertson will line up on defense for the Waverly Tigers but he could be one of the best around if he plays there.

He will be dangerous wherever he lines up.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

siderman wrote:You beat me to it G.O.A.T Trevon is gonna be a force this year. I understand he went for 650 on the squat and was just worn out but can probably get it. Not too shabby for a Freshman. If his ankle holds up, I think this kid will lead the SOC in tackles the next 3 years and possibly in rushing two years. In fact he may go for defensive and offensive player of the year before he graduates. He's that good.

Not too shabby is an understatement thats really really good for school around here and the rest of ohio.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

600 pound squat
260 pound bench

looks like he needs to spend some more time on the uppper body.

Now when you tell me he benches 400, squats 600 and still has the forty and shuttle times then we will talk about him putting up great numbers

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Yes the bench press needs to come up, but the kid is only 15 years old. Those are great numbers for a kid his age. And ihsfan97 I'm sure it won't be long and he will be doing that.

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

I would have to see this kid do that before I believe it. Was it a vertical squat or box? I think 260 bench is awesome for any freshman to do though. Sounds like this kid will be one hell of a player.

Return to “Football”