NW TO SOC 1?

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

NW TO SOC 1?

Post by NICKNEVADA »

I am the biggest supporter of NW going to SOC 1. I have said this for 10 years! I hope they get in.

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: NW TO SOC 1?

Post by TrojanXplosion »

It would in the best interest of Northwest if the dropped down to SOC 1. They could actually be competitive down there.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

That would be a load of crap. They need to become independent if anything.

Mohawk Pride
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk Pride »

battlecats wrote:That would be a load of crap. They need to become independent if anything.

That's right it would be a load of crap, I am guessing that you are saying this because of our dominance over the SOC 1 schools, especially in recent years right :roll: If you look at the history of our school we haven't really been competitive even with the SOC 1 schools :oops: Am I proud of this, not actually but to say that it is a load of crap to move us down in my opinion is crazy. You would think that the SOC 2 schools would be for it as well. You would think to them it would be like beating up a little brother yeah it's fun for a little while but after awhile it gets old, and even while it is fun to do it yourself, it would have to make you a little angry to watch everyone else do it year in year out. This includes East and Oak Hill this year and last season Symmes valley and ND. Sure we are larger than the other schools, but do we have better football teams or traditions, NO. Have we had good coaches, I believe everyone knows the answer to this so I will not waste my time listing all of them. Who would benefit from this move EVERYBODY involved. The smaller schools would have the opportunity to beat a larger school, and the larger schools could schedule teams that would help them get into the playoffs. Last but not least our community would have the opportunity to go into a season knowing that we were not going to be a door mat. Not to mention the fact that I am pretty sure there are no teams out there that would not enjoy a game with the Northwest Mohawks because our boys have always been known to be pretty good sports win lose or draw.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

So Northwest could become the bastard team of Southern Ohio just jumping around wherever they can to make themselves feel better. I would rather have Valley back then take Northwest. Why should everyone accommodate poor Northwest just because they cant compete in there league?(Especially with these numbers)
Northwest 228 boys
East 91 boys
Green 81
Notre Dame 38
Oak Hill 133
S. Valley 124
Thats more then East, Green and Notre Dame combined! Come on Northwest needs to man up and just play some football.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

But I am also sure Northwest is tired of getting beat 30+ to 0 year in and year out in the SOC II. Atleast in the SOC I they will come into the year thinking they will be able to contend and then once they get used to winning and believe they can they can move back to the SOC II when they think they could compete. I believe this is the last year of a East-Northwest contract for football unless they have already signed a new one and it seems NW is trying to schedule as many SOC I schools as they can just to compete with someone.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

battlecats wrote:So Northwest could become the bastard team of Southern Ohio just jumping around wherever they can to make themselves feel better. I would rather have Valley back then take Northwest. Why should everyone accommodate poor Northwest just because they cant compete in there league?(Especially with these numbers)
Northwest 228 boys
East 91 boys
Green 81
Notre Dame 38
Oak Hill 133
S. Valley 124
Thats more then East, Green and Notre Dame combined! Come on Northwest needs to man up and just play some football.

The only number that really matters is 11. I don't recall any football game where 228 boys were on the field for a game at one time. Also, it doesn't matter if a team can field 50 bodies for a squad. What it comes down to is how many athletes you have out of that 50.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

battlecats wrote:That would be a load of crap. They need to become independent if anything.

You will have a hard time scheduling games as an independent.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Well I def. agree they need out of the SOC II because no wonder they cant win any games because those kids know they will get there butt kicked every year. What they should do is give themselves about two more years to play in the league while at the same time scheduling teams as an independent so they will easily fill there schedule by the time the two years is up. SOC I needs to add a Manchester or South Gallia or both.

squiggy
Freshman Team

Post by squiggy »

i agree they should stay where they are,the soc 1 should add manchester and or south gallia

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

squiggy wrote:i agree they should stay where they are,the soc 1 should add manchester and or south gallia

Tell that to the kids at Northwest. People weigh in on why they should stay where they are (school size etc...) but 48 years of not only losing, but getting pounded should be call for some sort of change. I have not heard one viable reason why a change should not be made. It sounds to me that the SOC II schools want them to stay for their own selfish reasons.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

winchell wrote:
squiggy wrote:i agree they should stay where they are,the soc 1 should add manchester and or south gallia

Tell that to the kids at Northwest. People weigh in on why they should stay where they are (school size etc...) but 48 years of not only losing, but getting pounded should be call for some sort of change. I have not heard one viable reason why a change should not be made. It sounds to me that the SOC II schools want them to stay for their own selfish reasons.

I agree with winchell that some type of change does need to be made after all these years of gettin pounded, but I don't agree that the SOC II schools are being selfish.Why would you want to keep a team that you almost know you are going to beat everytime?Yea it adds a W to the win column, but that doesn't better your team or help you out with any type of computer points or anything like that.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

They want to keep them for a couple of reasons.

1. It is a built in week to get healthy without taking a game off.

2. Typically, everyone gets to play. This allows coaches to try new things and evaluate younger talent in a Friday night game situation.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I also agree with that but what happens if instead of getting healthy, more of your players get hurt??True it does help to try out some new plays and formations and what not and also allow other players a chance for playing time.BUT, this may also cause a team to become cocky or too over confident in themselves.But I just dont think that the SOCll are being selfish because there are always game in which somebody get pounded in the ground and players are rotated in. This isnt just with NW, it can be with any team.

the lone ranger
Riding the Bench

Post by the lone ranger »

IMO I think this would be a great idea NW gets pounded everyweek and its not helping the SOCII by leaving them there they need to be moved down so they can compete and bring in someone new to the SOCII to make it more competitive.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

the lone ranger wrote:IMO I think this would be a great idea NW gets pounded everyweek and its not helping the SOCII by leaving them there they need to be moved down so they can compete and bring in someone new to the SOCII to make it more competitive.

I like the idea of Northwest moving to SOC I. But, who would come in and fill the spot that Northwest left???

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

They haven't won for 30 yrs because from top to bottom they are not willing to do what it takes to put a winner on the feild.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

winchell wrote:They want to keep them for a couple of reasons.

2. Typically, everyone gets to play. This allows coaches to try new things and evaluate younger talent in a Friday night game situation.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with that and why to keep them in the SOC II, to give kids a "week off" and rest. If that is the case that is the wrong reason to keep them in the SOC II for football. What are these kids going to remember more....hey remember when we beat Northwest 50-0 or letting them in the SOC I and a school put a team on the schedule that will give them a game and winning in OT over someone.

FalconFan wrote:
the lone ranger wrote:IMO I think this would be a great idea NW gets pounded everyweek and its not helping the SOCII by leaving them there they need to be moved down so they can compete and bring in someone new to the SOCII to make it more competitive.

I like the idea of Northwest moving to SOC I. But, who would come in and fill the spot that Northwest left???

Nobody would come in a fill the spot. With NW out that would leave...Burg,West,Minford,Valley,and Waverly that is 5 in the SOC II in the SOC I it would give East,Notre Dame,Green,Symmes Valley,Oak Hill. It would also give teams another out of conference game to help get Computer Points for playoffs. But if you want someone to move up if the SOC I teams were interested I would see Oak Hill being the team to do it and allow the SOC I to get South Gallia and Manchester.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Tartanblue wrote:
winchell wrote:They want to keep them for a couple of reasons.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with that and why to keep them in the SOC II, to give kids a "week off" and rest. If that is the case that is the wrong reason to keep them in the SOC II for football. What are these kids going to remember more....hey remember when we beat Northwest 50-0 or letting them in the SOC I and a school put a team on the schedule that will give them a game and winning in OT over someone.

FalconFan wrote:

Nobody would come in a fill the spot. With NW out that would leave...Burg,West,Minford,Valley,and Waverly that is 5 in the SOC II in the SOC I it would give East,Notre Dame,Green,Symmes Valley,Oak Hill. It would also give teams another out of conference game to help get Computer Points for playoffs. But if you want someone to move up if the SOC I teams were interested I would see Oak Hill being the team to do it and allow the SOC I to get South Gallia and Manchester.

Cool, I would like to see Minford have another out of conference game. They need all the points they can get.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

fbnut wrote:They haven't won for 30 yrs because from top to bottom they are not willing to do what it takes to put a winner on the feild.

That's bogus. They have had legendary coaches there, new coaches there, old coaches there, disciplinarians there, laid back guys there. The bottom line is, for whatever reason, the program has not gotten off the ground. They are competitive in everything else. The blueprint was laid right across the river from them. Valley started a consistent winner by scheduling teams they could compete with and beat. That allowed them to get kids out, and in turn, cultivate a perennial winner. Kids don't want to play for Northwest because they know they will get beat. On the flip side, they can't be competitive because those kids either don't play or play somewhere else. It's a viscious cycle.

Return to “Football”