Meigs 2016

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Meigs 2016

Post by MeyerSpread »

I think the sky is the limit with this being Cody Bartrum's Senior year and little brother Zach Bartrum emerging as this years version of Kaleb Sheets. Lane Cullums should also have a huge year for the Marauders.

I think this could be the first TVC Ohio Championship since 1998 and First playoff appearance since 2008.

Logan and Jackson will be huge obstacles but I think they should be in every game they play in 2016!

What does everyone else think?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Meigs 2016

Post by noreply66 »

Could be a real good year

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Meigs might be in the toughest region for any SEO team any division. Region 14 is loaded. But 8-2

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Mow many years is the Jackson / Meigs series ?

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

If "sky is the limit" means a good chance at winning their confrence, I'd agree. Should be a great year for Meigs and will be fun to watch but 8-2 sounds about right.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Poo Bear wrote:Mow many years is the Jackson / Meigs series ?
I thought it was only two years but not positive but would love to see them keep playing. Even though Jackson would win most of the time you have to think it helps Meigs get better.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

The pre-season favorite to win the TVC Ohio has to be Meigs.

Wellston-Alexander-RV-VC lose a lot from their senior class. Athens loses Saltzman, although they say they will be back again next year will believe it when I see it. NY with the right coach can maybe infuse the Buckeyes, never know they could be a sleeper in all of this.

Key to all this isn't the personnel that was mentioned in the first post. Those will all be very good players with no questions asked. Question is can they be solidly managed and be fundamental. Just my humble opinion but they take a lot of chances, gimmick plays, onside kicks, etc., that they aren't successful with a lot. Got to line up and be able to beat the guy across from you first on a regular basis. Accomplish that then add in some wrinkles, but first things first.

Meigs and Athens will most likely be the match-up. Meigs gets Athens at home if memory serves me correctly so that helps, but Adams will have a good game plan so we will see. The Rockets can't be counted out from giving them a game either, several good players return even though we lost a lot.

Not sure what their out of conference schedule is but if it is Logan and Jackson, I will give them the edge against Logan (Meigs should have won that game last year), but Jackson has most of their good players back.

Can't see worse than 7-3 and don't see better than 9-1.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

6-4 or 7-3

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Bird Dog wrote:If "sky is the limit" means a good chance at winning their confrence, I'd agree. Should be a great year for Meigs and will be fun to watch but 8-2 sounds about right.
I would say it means 10-0 and a playoff run! However, 8-2 wouldn't surprise me either. Unfortunately to get in the playoffs they will need to beat at least 2 of the 3 big schools on their schedule (Jackson/Logan/Athens) since playoff points are weighted so heavily on size of school and as mentioned before they are in a tough region!

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

They beat Logan and Jackson we can all start talking and not dreaming about a playoff run.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Bird Dog wrote:They beat Logan and Jackson we can all start talking and not dreaming about a playoff run.
With Meigs old schedule we could very easily be talking about them going 10-0 and not making the playoffs... They had to add Jackson and Logan being in this region. I still think if they go 2-1 vs the big three (Jackson, Logan, Athens) they get in.

If you are wondering what I am talking about Meigs was a bigger d4 school when they had 6 Divisions, Meigs is a small school in d4 now that there are 7.

d4 is now a combo of the old d3 and old d4 schools...

examples- Logan was 2 and is now 3, Trimble was 6 and now 7

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Logan is currently D2 not D3.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

MeyerSpread wrote:
Bird Dog wrote:They beat Logan and Jackson we can all start talking and not dreaming about a playoff run.
With Meigs old schedule we could very easily be talking about them going 10-0 and not making the playoffs... They had to add Jackson and Logan being in this region. I still think if they go 2-1 vs the big three (Jackson, Logan, Athens) they get in.

If you are wondering what I am talking about Meigs was a bigger d4 school when they had 6 Divisions, Meigs is a small school in d4 now that there are 7.

d4 is now a combo of the old d3 and old d4 schools...

examples- Logan was 2 and is now 3, Trimble was 6 and now 7
I understand, I've been following Meigs since the 70's. I'd hope they could go 10-0 with their old schedule's because they'd have miller, southern, eastern, and wahama. They would never play up in competition.
I'm just saying before you talk sky's the limit and playoff runs you need to beat teams like Jackson or at least stay within 40 of them at home. Maybe beat Athens and Alex and try to win the TVC Ohio first.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Meigs is in Athens old region. That region was loaded with speed. Would have loved to see Kettering vs Athens in 2012. Notre Dame vs Ohio State QB's. Region 14 is absolutely loaded. I'm glad Athens is in region 9. It's not very good. D3 in the north is loaded

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens vs Meigs should be high scoring game

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

If NY gets the right coach and he hires the DC that works in the system already Meigs will be among the teams fighting for second place in the TVC Ohio next year.

Dogpound81
Waterboy

Post by Dogpound81 »

The tvc will be wide open this year. Who won it last year? I think meigs will be good and Athens will be at the top too

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dogpound81 wrote:The tvc will be wide open this year. Who won it last year? I think meigs will be good and Athens will be at the top too
2015 Football
1. Alexander (6-0)
2. Athens, River Valley, Meigs (4-2)
5. Vinton (2-4)
6. Wellston (1-5)
7. NY (0-6)

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

NY Tomcat wrote:If NY gets the right coach and he hires the DC that works in the system already Meigs will be among the teams fighting for second place in the TVC Ohio next year.
If, if, if, if, if, if, if. Maybe but we'll see and should be a great year of football.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Bird Dog wrote:
NY Tomcat wrote:If NY gets the right coach and he hires the DC that works in the system already Meigs will be among the teams fighting for second place in the TVC Ohio next year.
If, if, if, if, if, if, if. Maybe but we'll see and should be a great year of football.
Meigs won't play Wahama now. I am hearing Wahama is willing. What's the deal? Seems like that game would be good for the area.

Return to “Football”