4.2.08 YOU MAKE THE CALL

madpolecat
All State

4.2.08 YOU MAKE THE CALL

Post by madpolecat »

Today's situation:

You are down 14-10; its 3rd and goal, and you are at your opponent's four-yard line. There is :12 left on the clock coming out of your last timeout.

On first and second down, the defense gave you a 6-5 goalline defense.

How do you win the game?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 4.2.08 YOU MAKE THE CALL

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Naked bootleg far side of field.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I got two plays in mind. One I go for field goal then have my kicker fall down like he got hit hoping to draw the personal foul which would get me closer to the goalline. Depending on my reciever and my QB I would go for a fade to the corner or Id roll my QB to the right and have my outside reciever run a square out to the sideline after he got in the endzone.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Run a play as normal and have one of my players fake an injury if we don't score. And while the trainers are attending to the 'hurt' player, I get another played called and have them snap it as soon as the clock starts again.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Because usually in high school my best athlete and player is the QB, I want it in his hands on the corner with a run pass option. Gives you the opportunity to score or kill the clock with an incomplete pass or out of bounds if it doesn't develop.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Two plays called (3rddown Fade, slant) and (slant fade). If they give you(wr) the inside go for the slant. QB throw the ball on 3rd down no matter what and tuck it and run on 4th if no one is open.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

both pass plays to save clock. first play is quick hitter slant to the tight end then fade to corner but only with a qb who can stay alive but naked bootleg is always good with a fast qb who can fake the handoff well

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Two tight ends, two wing backs. Rocket sweep to the wide side (we have seen a 6-5 on the last two downs, after all).

If the back can't get into the end zone, I want his butt out of bounds ASAP. The next call depends on where the runner would be out of bounds.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

You have to throw the ball.

I like the option pass.....run it if you know you can get it in, throw it if the receiver is open, throw it away and live for 4th down if he isnt.

But you cant get tackled short on 3rd down and let the clock run out.

Return to “Football”