RIVER VALLEY FOOTBALL OR SOCCER

Bfan
Waterboy

RIVER VALLEY FOOTBALL OR SOCCER

Post by Bfan »

Since the administration is caring so little about football at River Valley, perhaps they are going to change over to soccer. Would make more since. You can play soccer in the pasture field, since they are not building a football field for about 20 years.

boogerred
All State

Re: RIVER VALLEY FOOTBALL OR SOCCER

Post by boogerred »

I don't see why they don't have both already

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Less cost for soccer too.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Communist plot to take over America!

NO SOCCER!

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

I think football too, but maybe the people who are to hire the football coach are waiting for someone to suggest soccer for football. I know its crazy, but why the delay.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I would say they are waiting to see if they will have a teaching position to offer to the new coach. Miami Trace just hired their new coach last night, so RV is not alone in this. They say the weightroom is open for the kids. Yes I know it is not as good as the head coach being there but it is at least a start.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Someone from RV how many SRs was on last years team??? And who is returning? Can they make some noise next season? In OVC league play!

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I believe there were 13 seniors. Returning are the following starting positions: QB/CB, TB, TE/LB/DE, DT, WB/S, OLB/WR and probably a few DB's that have experience.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

That looks like enough people coming back to build something good upon for next season at RV.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

The big losses were in both lines, linebackers, the primary receiver and the backfield. It appears as though there is the start of a new team if only they could get started.

The QB really came to himself late in the season. If they can put together an offensive line that can passblock he will be hard to handle. Clayton is a very strong young man for his size. He has become very mobile and has the personality to be a team leader. I think they will have backs that can fill in the slots. The development will need to be on the line and linebackers and I feel that it can be done with the personnel that they have (If they all come out).

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

Can he kick?

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I do not think so but there are boys there who can. In fact Jordan Deel is an excellent punter.

I know that was intended as a jab but all of the pieces are there for a football (American) team. They are just waiting for the glue to put them together. If the right person is chosen as coach, they will surprise some people. They want to play ball at RV.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

A decision soon, they should make

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

:idea:

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I hear they have some out of state applicants. This sends a red flag up to me unless a person has ties to this area, why would they come to Cheshire to coach? This sounds like someone who has no hope of getting a job in their own area. GA did this about 10 years ago and look how that worked out.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

What about from another country? I here the university of rio grande has an excellent bunch of soccer players to bring in.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

An applicant from out of state could just be someone starting out, looking for their first head football coach position, or someone that wants to come back to the area. RV hired one that was from out of state-they simply wanted to get back to Southeastern Ohio.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

is rv going to call the doctor

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Hey !!! New Coach coming in, Fresh start, RV may surprise alot of people! Only time will tell!!! :|

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Is the top candidate from Virginia? Looks like maybe they want a complet fresh start for the program! 8)

Return to “Football”