Chad Ross named as new Waterford coach

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Chad Ross named as new Waterford coach

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5025

Ross takes over for Doug Baldwin, who stepped down after 13 years at the helm.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Re: Chad Ross named as new Waterford coach

Post by jiveturkey »

how bad must the applicant pool have been that a 1-9 guy was the best choices

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

:?:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I know most people will think I am crazy, but record is not always the best way to judge the type of coach a person is. If Coach Baldwin says Ross is a good fit then I would have to go along with that knowing Coach Baldwin.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

CONGRATS CHAD!

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

First things first good luck to Mr. Ross.

Secondly, Waterford has about as much history with success in football as I had with the ladies in college. SLIM TO NONE.

Other than a few years Waterford Football has traditionally been a bottom to mid TVC Hocking team. Last year, 9-1 is good, but no playoff berth. I think they have had one playoff appearance in school history, and maybe only 2 or 3 league titles. They will continue this tradition, not due to the coach, but due to the players, fans, school board, and general population's content with mediocrity. (If you do not believe this, visit thier 07-08 Boys Basketball team)

I wish Mr. Ross the best of luck, as I do all TVC Hocking teams, but Waterford may have bigger issues than a coach with 1 carrer win.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Good luck to coach Ross and his new Wildcats!

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Best of luck out to Chad Ross, I know that Ross has a firm grasp of the X's and O's and that the 1-9 record should not define him as a coach. I believe Waterford landed a quality coach that can lead their program for many years. He must have liked something about Waterford to leave his alma......

THE PIGSKIN
Waterboy

Post by THE PIGSKIN »

First Chad comes from a Crooksville team that played in the MVL. They were the smallest school and played a very tough schedule. Its hard to judge some one no matter how good a coach they are when playing in a league as the MVL. Give him a chance he will produce.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

THE PIGSKIN wrote:First Chad comes from a Crooksville team that played in the MVL. They were the smallest school and played a very tough schedule. Its hard to judge some one no matter how good a coach they are when playing in a league as the MVL. Give him a chance he will produce.

Can't really use that as an excuse since they've competed regularly and made the play-offs many times. Some guys are better as assistants than they are as head coaches and apparently he was part of many successful teams, just not as the head guy. I am not saying this IS the case because its hard to tell after one season. Perhaps it was a down year in which anyone would have struggled for wins (maybe the previous coach left at the right time?).

He isn't set up for immediate success in this situation, either, as Waterford is losing ALOT from the team with the best record in school history (still didn't make the play-offs). So, its still going to be hard to gauge his success early on, especially if he doesn't win right away.

Anyway, I do think Waterford will give him time and I hope it works out.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I kinda of have a feeling that H2OFord is going to be having flashbacks to their days in the PVC for the next couple of years........... :shock: :roll: :roll:

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

This guy is a proven winner. How is the first offseason going under the new coach?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

In two seasons as a head coach he has won 6 games. So that is a record of 6-14 if my math is correct. No offense, but proven winner he has yet to become.

floridabigdog
Waterboy

Post by floridabigdog »

I know Coach Ross, and have been around him enough to know that he is first of all, and most importantly, a great person, who cares about the boys he is in charge of, and secondly, is very knowledgable in regards to high school football. He knows what it takes to be successful, and he's doing a great job instilling that into his young group of boys.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

floridabigdog wrote:I know Coach Ross, and have been around him enough to know that he is first of all, and most importantly, a great person, who cares about the boys he is in charge of, and secondly, is very knowledgable in regards to high school football. He knows what it takes to be successful, and he's doing a great job instilling that into his young group of boys.

Can't argue with your statement, cause frankly I don't know much about him. My point was that he is not a "proven winner," yet anyway. He may prove he can win in the future though. But to call someone a proven winner when he has lost more than twice as many games as he has won is kind of foolish don't you think?

floridabigdog
Waterboy

Post by floridabigdog »

That's true. We'll just have to wait and see.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

MOTIVATOR - Spot on man. 6-14 is not a proven winner. You were absolutely correct to call that prepster out on that statement.

Year 2, let's see what he does with his talent. I don't see a good year for H2OFord, based on last years results. Wish the wildcats the best for a good season.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

I hope this coach turns out to be a great one. I would like to see Waterford start dominating the TVC Hocking in football. If that happens we won't have to listen to the mouths from Redtown and more Eastern athletes will focus on basketball. :12224

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Steegal wrote:I hope this coach turns out to be a great one. I would like to see Waterford start dominating the TVC Hocking in football. If that happens we won't have to listen to the mouths from Redtown and more Eastern athletes will focus on basketball. :12224

The mouths from Redtown will always be louder than most. :lol:

Return to “Football”