2009 Players that can play at the next level?

Sports 101
Varsity

2009 Players that can play at the next level?

Post by Sports 101 »

who?

BigMcCauley55
S

Re: 2009 Players that can play at the next level?

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

I dont know but i think Logan can have some kids do that and Chilli and zanesville can too Jackson has had some big linemen that could.

I dont know much out of the league.

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

Jackson has quite a few that could play college ball. One that really stands out though is Cody Huff, he is definately a D1 prospect. I forget exactly what his stats were but he averaged around 9 yds a carry. They also have Brandon Trace, Lukas Lindamood, Tyler Glassburn, & Ryan Hughes.

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

I expect Cadogan from Portsmouth to get D1 offers. Also John Prior from Portsmouth recently received a scholly offer from Marshall according to rivals.com.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Big Mac--agree about the Logan players but had 4 all-ohio players last year and from what I'm hearing--not getting much help from coaches or athletic department---It's a shame cause they preach TEAM --TEAM --TEAM and like a ole sock throw them in dirty laundry when done :-D :shock: :!: but sure thiers another award coming for COY--- :roll:

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I think the redstreaks have a some pontintial, maybe not to big colleges but maybe some smaller ones like D2 and NAIA schools.
1. Jordan Brabson-Great hands, can shake people but needs to work on speed.
2. Kenny Helton - Good arm and accuracy, makes good decisons. but slow
3. Ricky Moore- just an animal, strong and quick, knows the game and how to play.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I think that anyone with a lick of athletic ability can go play at the next level. Maybe not on a scholarship, but can walk on and make the team. The point being that the person has to have tremendous drive and a willingness to overcome obstacles. Football is probably the only sport where pure talent doesnt always beat out a big heart.

There are positions such as D Line, D End, O Line, Fullback and special teams where you can fight your way onto a field.

Now dont get me wrong, having the intangibles helps like height, size, strength and speed but not always.

The problem with this route is that very few people are willing to take it, just watch the movie Rudy! lol

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

A few that come to mind are

Cody Westbrook
Sean Munfield
Zane Eschbaugh

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ItownBrowns wrote:I expect Cadogan from Portsmouth to get D1 offers. Also John Prior from Portsmouth recently received a scholly offer from Marshall according to rivals.com.

John Prior went to visit Marshall, they treated him well while he was there and made him a offer.

this past week, coach Clifford told me, Michigan State was at the school to see him, Florida State called wanting to see him,,,and also Wisconsin, spell?....made a call to Clifford about him...some pretty big looks there for the young man.

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Bryan White of Wheelersburg has visited Cincinnati after the recruiter stopped by the school to meet him a while back, Akron and planning to visit Ohio Univ, Iowa, Illinios and a few others out of state within the next few months.

I believe Schankweiler has been doing some visits at several colleges too.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

I have a feeling westbrook will be jumping high somewhere either in the big ten or mac

just a feeling though

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

biggdowgg wrote:
ItownBrowns wrote:I expect Cadogan from Portsmouth to get D1 offers. Also John Prior from Portsmouth recently received a scholly offer from Marshall according to rivals.com.

John Prior went to visit Marshall, they treated him well while he was there and made him a offer.

this past week, coach Clifford told me, Michigan State was at the school to see him, Florida State called wanting to see him,,,and also Wisconsin, spell?....made a call to Clifford about him...some pretty big looks there for the young man.

what position id prior? size and numbers on him???

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

One thing I'll say for Coach Clifford :lol: he gets his kids to the next level :!: something I WISH WE HAD DOWN LOGAN WAY ;-) :-D :shock: :!: GO CHIEFS 5 PETE WITH ALL YOUR D3 TALENT :shock:

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Sounds like the Portsmouth Trojans line will be anchored by two studs.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

bigtimehitter wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:

what position id prior? size and numbers on him???

heres a link

http://www.scoutingoh.com/John_Prior_Portsmouth.htm

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

one thing for sure is that he looks to deffinetly have the size.

Return to “Football”