Green Football

Ump
Freshman Team

Green Football

Post by Ump »

What does Green HS numbers look like this year for football. I know numbers were down last year and they graduated several seniors.

TrojanXplosion
S

Re: Green Football

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I know they had around 25 players last year. Are people just not interested in football at Green or what ?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

From what I've been told; they have around 19 kids in the weightroom faithfully! That's sounds pretty good to me! And hungry!

I think they said that 8 or 9 of them was freshman though! Doesn't matter though; just keep it alive! Never give up your football program!
Last edited by Axe N Shield on Thu May 08, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

That's not bad numbers for a small school and with the number of players they have had in the past.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

IF Green is getting 19 kids in the weight room on a consistent basis then they are doing better than many other schools in the area that are of equal size.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I agree Storm . . . 19 kids with spring sports going on and a D6 school at that. Does anyone know what the numbers are like at the other SOC 1 schools? Let's count South Gallia in this too. They play all the league schools. What about it SOC 1, what do you have in the weight room right now?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Since Larry Hall was named the new Head Coach, there has been between 30 to 40 players in the weightroom on Monday-Wednesday-Friday! He is working the kids out hard and has given them a strict work-out program! These are some of the biggest numbers in the weight-room for several years! Last year, almost every kid that played football was in the weight-room over the summer months! It would range between 20-30 kids!

Coach Hall in the summer months; only allows kids to lift in the mornings between 8:00-10:00. I hope the kids stick with it in during the summer months. Coach Davis offered players to lift two times a day! Morning and late afternoons! Coach Davis and I even went to check on kids who were not coming to weights! We offered transportation to and from if needed!

Back to the numbers this year! We are having a great turnout now that the players know who their coach is going to be and what he expects from them!

Look out SOC I. We're going for 3 in a row!
Trample the Weak and Hurdle the Dead!

jpillow09
Waterboy

Post by jpillow09 »

hey im a new transfer to green high school..im highly interested in playing football for this school....when is the weight room open and how can i contact a coach?

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

i think coach mercer is there every morning or every other morning coach mercer is a great person and coach you will enjoy playing football for him

where are you from and grade are you in and what position do you play?

jpillow09
Waterboy

Post by jpillow09 »

from sp and im a senior this year, and im moving here because my dad lives in green....i can play anywhere they put me pretty much...i tore my acl and miniskus last year so im still comin back from that...is there a number i can call to talk to him?

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

i don't know his number but i am sure they practice at 9:00 in the mourning. i dont know if its everyday or every other day if its every other day its mon, wed, fri. they might be going on there two week soon if they already havent yet

jpillow09
Waterboy

Post by jpillow09 »

oh okay...well ill try running over there sometime and seeing if they are in...whats the coachs name? do you know

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Coach Mercer

jpillow09
Waterboy

Post by jpillow09 »

hows it looking for green this year?...and true athletes?

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

3sportSeason wrote:
jpillow09 wrote:hows it looking for green this year?...and true athletes?

Hows it look....it looks bad real bad. If you really want to play football and win you might want to consider going further west to Wheelersburg or go back East to Rock Hill or Ironton

thats awful telling people they need transfer that is why green is in this position is people like you telling kids who want to play for green to transfer green loses enough to transfers as it is that is really disrespectful and unsupportive of green sports green will never be good at anything with people like you steering kids away from green that actually want to play ball here that is ridiculous green would be way better at sports if they didnt lose kids to transfers or the kids that actually live in the school district go to green instead of somewhere and you wonder why green is in this position?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hopefully Green improves from last saeason.
Here's wishing them luck from Licking County.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Good Luck Bobcats from Chillicothe :!:

I can still remember 35 years ago in the summer of 1973 when I was in H.S. at Wellston we scrimmaged Green. They had a very small team back then. I am not sure if they were in the SOC back in those days or what league they were part of? They played a decent scrimmage and stuck together as a team though.

I wish them the best this season in their Non-League and SOC I schedule play.

Return to “Football”