Andy Schob - New Head Coach at Marietta

schenk11
All Conference

Andy Schob - New Head Coach at Marietta

Post by schenk11 »

Andy Schob accepted the position of head football coach at Marietta high School this afternoon.

MttaFan
Freshman Team

Re: Andy Schob - New Head Coach at Marietta

Post by MttaFan »

That's great news. Andy is a first class individual and leader.

DevilDog
Waterboy

Post by DevilDog »

GREAT NEWS. Congrats to Andy and the family, Marietta and The Tigers. The first (W)in of many for the Tigers this year.

Good Luck

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Congrats to Coach Schob!

He's a first class guy and I'm sure he and his family are very happy to staying in orange and black.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

this is great
:mrgreen:

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Bummer for Warren!!!

Congrats Marietta...your football program will soar in the very near future!

Andy...what does this mean for Express softball?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Better develope a running attack. That air show isn't cutting it !! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Marietta

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Andy had to go where he was offered a job. Good luck to him. It's tough to lose him because he had already created enthusiasm in Warren's program. Frankly, he had done more with the QBs and receivers this Spring than I had seen any other Warren coach do since I've been around. But, you have to respect his decision. Hopefully the short time he was involved with the program will inspire other folks to step-up and keep working with the kids.

Good luck Coach Schob.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Good luck Coach Schob.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Talked to him today and he's very excited. I'm glad he's "back" in Marietta.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Already done a lot with the Warren QB's and Receivers already this spring . . . coaches not allowed any football contact with players until after June 1!!!!!!!!!!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Coach Schob wasn't a contracted employee, just a student teacher. He can work with kids as much as he wants. Nice try.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Wasn't intended to be a "try". Bottom line is/was . . . he was going to be a coach and was working with your players on their skills in the "off-season." Had he been hired it would have been against OHSAA rules. Guess it was good for you he took the Marietta job. Maybe he won't be contracted there right away, so he can work with their kids getting them ready to play Warren!!!!!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Listen, you've implied that he's done something to bend the rules, and now you're implying he'll do it again. You obviously don't know him or the situation, so you really shouldn't keep posting about him/it in a public forum.

He's not the kind of guy that does the type of stuff that your talking about (and that's coming from a Warren fan about a newly minted Marietta coach).

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

Coach Schob accepted Nelsonville-York's invitation to participate in their 7on7 passing challenge on Saturday, July 12. Hope to see everyone there!

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

I'd also like to add that none of this was mandatory...this qb/wr stuff. He simply asked some people if they wanted to go out and loosen up their arms and run some routes. Kids are kids they like to do that kind of thing, and if they WANT to help improve their game why not let them? Besides think about the alternative...kids sitting on the computer like me right now wasting their life away :lol:

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Warrenwarriorfan said . . . "Frankly, he had done more with the QBs and receivers this Spring than I had seen any other Warren coach do since I've been around."

Think what you want about me "trying to stir" something up. Not my intentions. And no, I don't know the man at all. I DO KNOW THIS . . . if he is on the field coaching the players at all before June 1st, it is not legal. Even if he wasn't "under contract." You can't coach'em up and then get hired!!!!! Doing more with the QB and receivers seems like a lot more than just loosening up the arms and running routes! The local high school team here does the same thing right now . . . is it legal . . . no! Does it go on everywhere . . . almost everywhere. However, I don't think it should be talked about on here. That was my point . . . keep your mouths shut about what goes on before June 1st!!!!!!

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

This is a non-issue. As it turns out, nothing he did was wrong since he will not be coaching there in the fall. As a member of the Marietta staff, I can coach all the Warren kids I want, as much as I want, anytime (This is straight from Hank Zaborniak at the OHSAA a few years ago). The no contact rule only applies to you if are board approved to coach (as a volunteer or paid). Since Andy will not be either of these, no rules were broken.

Return to “Football”