9-6 Matewan (Away) Saturday 42-14 Win
9-12 Buffalo (Away) 30-12 Win
9-19 Manchester (Away) Did Not Play
9-26 Oak Hill (Home) 35-16 Win
10-3 Symmes Valley (Home) 27-0 Win
10-10 South Gallia (Home) 28-12 Win
10-17 Green (Away) 28-6 Win
10-25 Notre Dame (Away) Saturday 12-0 Win

Southeastern (Ross) and Manchester are new on the schedule for 2008.
East also beat Huntington Ross 27-13 last year and Unioto 15-10 for a 10-0 season!

*There is 4 to 5 JV Games scheduled for 2008.

*The scores listed are the 2007 results; not to be confused as predictions for the 2008 season!

Scrimmages for 2008

8-9 Racine Southern (A)
    8-15 Unioto (A)
Last edited by Axe N Shield on Fri May 09, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: 2008 East Tartans Football Schedule

Post by Tartanblue »

I like the schedule for next year all but one game in Manchester because of lack there of not getting many second level points, but they have to fill a schedule and from my understanding they are playing all SOC I school. At first I didn't like Southeastern but after looking around I seen where they played alot of young kids last season and this year from what I have read they will be fast.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

8-22 Northwest (Home) East should handle Northwest pretty easily; W
8-29 Southeastern (Home) East is better than southeastern: W
9-6 Matewan (Away) Matewan is a west virginia school enough said; W
9-12 Buffalo (Away) Ditto: W
9-19 Manchester (Away) Just start out; should be an easy W
9-26 Oak Hill (Home) Oaks are probably more talented; L
10-3 Symmes Valley (Home) Symmes is improved but East'll put it out; W
10-10 South Gallia (Home) I refuse to analyze this one
10-17 Green (Away) 28-6 Green has been weak recently: W
10-25 Notre Dame (Away) ND lost a lot; W

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I can see the Matewan game being a good game. They started alot of young kids last year and they should only be better.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Matewan will be a good game! Yogi always has his team ready to play and is capable of pulling any kind of play out of his hat! He especially liked the "Muddle Huddle" that East used on them a couple of years back; after that game he said; he would have that play in his arsenal from now on! And he does!

One thing is for sure. When you travel to Matewan, West "By God" Virginia; you better be prepared to have a touchdown or two called back! It happens more often than not; and suprisingly enough, only on the visitors!

But, they do have a good program and have plenty of fan and corporate support!

I see the Tartans coming away with the victory against a pretty good team. It wouldn't suprise me to see them ranked in the top 10 throughout the season!

Axe N Shield

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Matewan?!?!!?!?!? Come on. Sure, they might be a good football team but, Ohio football teams are MUCH better compared to West Virginia football teams. Thats just how it is.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Matewan year in and year out could compete in the SOC1 and many other conferences of the same size in the state of ohio..

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Matewan year in and year out could compete in the SOC1 and many other conferences of the same size in the state of ohio..

Exactly, Matewan is not your normal WV team....Just about every year they have a couple ohio school on the schedule and normaly are in the game if not win the game

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

i don't know the coach from matewan but, he always seems to have his teams prepared also....for any trip!

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

you guys need to check your scrimmage schedule because unioto scrimmages minford for the 2nd scrimmage

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I just spoke with the AD and he said he will be checking to make sure on both of the scrimmages! These scrimmages were set-up by Coach Davis and are being confirmed for correctness and verity!

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Tartanblue wrote:
Jason Vorhees wrote:Matewan year in and year out could compete in the SOC1 and many other conferences of the same size in the state of ohio..

Exactly, Matewan is not your normal WV team....Just about every year they have a couple ohio school on the schedule and normaly are in the game if not win the game

Just getting everyone to Matewan safely is a victory. Not a very easy place to get to from here. A fairly long trip along roads that are not the best (I made to trip from Wheelersburg to Williamson, a town nearby, every weekend for almost 5 years).

Yogi Kinder always has a great team put together, even if I don't always agree with the way he runs up the score against much weaker opponents. But that will be a great coaching matchup between Yogi Kinder and Larry Hall.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I really wish East would play Minford, Wheelersburg, and some other SOC II schools like they did back in the day. That would give them some good competition and get them ready for the playoffs. Enough with playing these West Virginia teams and these other cupcakes. But, the players can't control who they play so hopefully they go out and get some wins. I wish the best for the East Tartans.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I would love to see East play Minford and Valley every year! Forget the Wheelersburg though! We would be just like Minford and Valley in that respect! Lose 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10 times we would play!

Now Minford and Valley; I think we would win our fair share of those games! It would be some good competition for all of those teams! The only thing is; Why would they want to play East? They are in a smaller division! Unless they are just wanting to give away computer points on the years that they would lose! And, why would you want the smaller computer points by playing a smaller school when you would win? Then you would go 7-3 and not make playoffs and be crying about the schedules again!

Only teams that gain from this is the smaller division schools! Even if you win! You still lose!

Oh well! I say bring 'em on! Not in scrimmage either! If we are going to suit up; let's make it count!

"Hurdle the weak and Trample the Dead!"

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

FalconFan
I really wish East would play Minford, Wheelersburg, and some other SOC II schools like they did back in the day. That would give them some good competition and get them ready for the playoffs. Enough with playing these West Virginia teams and these other cupcakes. But, the players can't control who they play so hopefully they go out and get some wins. I wish the best for the East Tartans.

Whats going on Falcon? All the crap you talked about the Burg, and they trashed your baseball team so now you find a smaller school to pick on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

I agree Axe. Bring it Minford.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Axe N Shield wrote:I would love to see East play Minford and Valley every year! Forget the Wheelersburg though! We would be just like Minford and Valley in that respect! Lose 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10 times we would play!

Now Minford and Valley; I think we would win our fair share of those games! It would be some good competition for all of those teams! The only thing is; Why would they want to play East? They are in a smaller division! Unless they are just wanting to give away computer points on the years that they would lose! And, why would you want the smaller computer points by playing a smaller school when you would win? Then you would go 7-3 and not make playoffs and be crying about the schedules again!

Only teams that gain from this is the smaller division schools! Even if you win! You still lose!

Oh well! I say bring 'em on! Not in scrimmage either! If we are going to suit up; let's make it count!

"Hurdle the weak and Trample the Dead!"

Okay. Considering I'm the athletic director I will get this game setup. I just get tired of East players running there mouth about how good they are when they play BAD teams.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:FalconFan

Whats going on Falcon? All the crap you talked about the Burg, and they trashed your baseball team so now you find a smaller school to pick on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:122245 You must be mistaking Jeremy for one of them guys!!!! And if the pole ain't a bendin', your just pretendin'.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

By the way FalconFan! We don't bend poles! We tear down field goal posts after championships! You should stop by sometime and experience it! It feels great! Especially after winning your SOC Championship at home!

Trample the Weak and Hurdle the Dead!

DuelingBanjos
Waterboy

Post by DuelingBanjos »

FalconFan wrote:I really wish East would play Minford, Wheelersburg, and some other SOC II schools like they did back in the day. That would give them some good competition and get them ready for the playoffs. Enough with playing these West Virginia teams and these other cupcakes. But, the players can't control who they play so hopefully they go out and get some wins. I wish the best for the East Tartans.

I'd like to see them play the bigger schools it would be good for east bad for the bigger schools but atleast give some competition for east. Truthfully i believe east lost alot of talent but i'd like to see them come out and suprise everyone again. East isn't the calibre of team that the BURG or Minford is maybe now against Valley considering the drought that Valley seems to be in. But in a few years Valley's program will be built up again maybe even this season. East is good in there division but playing the bigger schools could really put a hurting on there confidence or even boost it by just getting to play them, good luck to the soc

Return to “Football”