League Rolette....happening all over Ohio

teach1coach2
All State

Re: League Rolette....happening all over Ohio

Post by teach1coach2 »

From Mount Vernon newspaper:
New league changes name, seeks commissioner

By BILL DAVIS

News Sports Editor MOUNT VERNON — The Knox-Morrow Athletic Conference, formerly known as the MOX, has begun the process of finding a commissioner.

The new league, which will consist of four schools apiece from Knox County and Morrow County, will begin play in the 2017-18 school year.

The KMAC put out ads this week searching for either a commissioner or an assigner. Their duties will include public relations, assigning officials and compiling evaluations of officials, according to Cardington Athletic Director Bill Clauss.

“Ideally, we’d like to have one person do it,” Clauss told the News. “However, if that doesn’t work out, and we can get people as assigners for different sports — such as baseball — then we’ll do that.”

The conference wants to have someone in place by June. Resumes can be sent to Clauss at Cardington High School.

Seven of the schools are currently in the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference Blue Division — Centerburg, East Knox, Fredericktown, Highland, Cardington-Lincoln, Mount Gilead and Northmor. They will be joined by Danville, which is currently in the Mid-Buckeye Conference.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/ ... nce/nqHX7/

Greenon and West Jefferson were a package deal. Interesting to see what adjustments the Mid State League makes.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I can't even think where teams are going. There's too many variables. Is New Phila, Dover, and Louisville going to join a league together?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I know it is a dead horse for Ohio, but district scheduling similar to Kentucky would solve many of the competitive balance and travel cost/distance problems. As for the private schools, South Carolina's solution is to force the privates to play up a classification in size.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I can't stand ky's system myself. I remember a 1-9 greenup county team going to the playoffs many moons ago

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I can't stand ky's system myself. I remember a 1-9 greenup county team going to the playoffs many moons ago
i remember one time. i can't remember the yr but i remember a team up north got in at like 3-7 and a team at either 9-1 or 10-0 didnt get it

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I can't stand ky's system myself. I remember a 1-9 greenup county team going to the playoffs many moons ago
Again, KY should drop down to 5 divisions from 6, combine districts to make 8 districts rather than 16, and definitely cut the playoffs in half to 16 teams per division, and you'd still get a higher percentage of teams in the playoff than Ohio. Plus you can start the season a week later to match West Virginia's regular season schedule. That way the better, more deserving teams will make the playoffs, most of the time. And I think last year, a few winless teams made the playoffs in KY.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Kentuckys system is awful. I don't ever want to see that in Ohio. The points system works just fine.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

"U"

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Omega wrote:I know it is a dead horse for Ohio, but district scheduling similar to Kentucky would solve many of the competitive balance and travel cost/distance problems. As for the private schools, South Carolina's solution is to force the privates to play up a classification in size.

Public schools vote on the issue of private schools, and they continually state they want to play with them.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Pete Wilson, Jackson Telegram reporting on his Twitter this morning that "Jackson being considered as member of of the SCOL, vote on March 7th".

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The scol is a great league
Would be an honor to be a part of it

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I'm curious who are some other schools being considered for the SCOL. Jackson would be a great addition, and it would be even better if if the SCOL went with geographic divisions, but with East Clinton, that hurts the chances for that idea.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

SCOL is missing the boat in my opinion if they don't take advantage of Jackson. Guess we will know in a month.

My guess is in the next few years you will see some other teams like TV, Circleville, LE start to consider a move to the SCOL as well. Seems like the MSL is going through a little bit of changes in some of their divisions. Be interesting to see how all this unfolds.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Some of these conference with more than one division might be breaking up to form other conferences or join another.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I think we'd be better off seeing East Clinton go back to the SBAAC, who are looking for new members, and the SCOL can add Jackson, Logan Elm, and Circleville to make 10 teams. I think Teays Valley would be a little too big for the SCOL, and I'm not sure how the divisions would split up though in that situation. Western Brown could be considered for 12 teams, but I'm not sure who would be for the 12th member unless you keep East Clinton or go with Teays Valley. At that point, I think it'd be stretched a little too far as a conference.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

C-M and Wilmington 100 miles to Jackson is "stretched a little too far as a conference." which has killed many a conference. travel is the killer, dont see it happening. If so IMO you risk losing all 3 Clinton Co. schools, which includes your biggest brand names, CM football and Wilmington basketball. With the Cincinnati/Dayton metro area so close, why would they be in favor of a 100 mile drive each way for MS sports through the week. Better to stay at 8, them move that direction. Does not address the intent of original expansion discussion.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Yeah, that's true for Jackson. Circleville is about the same trip as Chillicothe for Clinton-Massie and Wilmington, and Logan Elm is only about 10 miles farther for them so if they'd be added and divisions are added geographically, it would cut on travel since there would less trips across conference, the longest trips would be around 80 minutes or around 75 miles depending on the route taken. Compare that to SOC I's longest trip of an hour, 40 minutes for 75 miles or the TVC Hocking, an hour 45 minutes that's 85 miles. It would still be much better than other conferences and gives Chillicothe some closer opponents. Staying at 8 teams is definitely an option too and is very reasonable.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I think varsity football travel presents the least travel issue. Friday nights with the weekend following would seem to be "doable" for the Jackson to CM/Wilmington trip.

So if that is the case then there is all the MS sports and the "weekday" varsity sports (basketball, volleyball, baseball, XC, track softball, etc.). Perhaps when you are considering the scheduling of a Jackson to CM/Wilmington trip for those sports you could simply schedule those for a Friday/Saturday or a doubleheader or round robin at a site in the middle (WCH for example) on a weekend. If there are two trips (use Jackson and CM) that are the worst then maybe the AD's can get outside the box so to speak when it comes to scheduling and move those to a Saturday, or a double header or tri-match at a middle site. There are a lot of different options I think that could happen for that longest travel game.

It will be an interesting vote, and I have no clue how it will turn out, but I am glad the SCOL is considering us again. Confident Jackson would be a member that would be loyal to the league and bring good gates and competition to the schools that are currently members.

Return to “Football”