Fairland Football Coach ?

FormerDragon902444
Waterboy

Fairland Football Coach ?

Post by FormerDragon902444 »

I heard from a few students that Coach Snyder has changed his mind... Does anybody know anything or have you heard anything ? I just was wondering....

bucking red
Varsity

Re: Fairland Football Coach ?

Post by bucking red »

I hear that Michael Lamb has been to a few open gyms at Ironton. I also know that a few others are thinking about transferring. It would be a shame for these kids to be broken up after playing together in all sports for so long.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Lamb to Ironton for football? That wouldn't be very smart. how many times a game does Ironton throw? And why leave for basketball? FHS has a good bball team.If kids are leaving becuase Wilcoxen got canned that's just hurting themselves and their teamates that stay behind. If they are that self centered let them go. And if it's their parents wanting them to leave they (their parents) should be ashamed.

bgmonster
Waterboy

Post by bgmonster »

The success of Fairland basketball and football doesn't rest on the shoulders of one player Ump.

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

What I don't get is people who think high school kids should stay at a school no matter what. Adults change jobs / locations / schools to better themselves and no one runs around saying they are self-centered and selfish. Doesn't seem so terrible for kids to do likewise to me. If you stay just for the sake of staying, especially if the program may be lacking, who is that benefitting? The new coaches, the board of ed, students, fans???

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

I know kids who have changed schools and the majority regret leaving their friends and graduating with strangers. If a kid leaves to "get even " with the scool board for firing his caoch I think thats stupid. If they change to improve academics or improve their chances at a scholarship that's different. I guess only the child or parents know. But hey, that's my opinion.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Because there is no loyalty anymore...kids think they're going to be the next great.....odds are not..... you play for your community, your home, your family....if you want the schollie, go play asa , aau , etc........if you leave , i think ohio should make you set out a year, to be eligible................. :12224

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

lets look at the southeastern ohio district over the last 8 yrs (2000-2008). of all the kids who have transferred to "improve" their chances of that scholarship offer, how many actually have gotten those offers?

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Why not stick with just FHS and name everyone (all sports) who have received scholarships?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

because i am asking about those who have transferred.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Okay mom:
1.Dean Wilks-Univ. of Kentucky football
2.Tim Cerullo-Georgetown football "1st team All American Div.3
3.Paul Dillon-Capital Univ.Football
4.Bill Cummings-Georgetown football
5.Carrie Hinkle-Softball Marshall Univ."Southern Conf player of the year 1996
6.Rachel Bostic-Rio Grande basketball
7.Melissa Topping-Track Ohio Univ.
8.Becky Hamlin-softball Marshall
9.Seka Lewis-softball Heidelberg College
10.Greg Johnson-Basketball Otterbein
11.Jay Capper-Academic and Athletic "football" Air Force Academy
12.Tara Lee-Track Marshall
If I can think of any more I will let you know thats right off the top of my head.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

NCAA DIII does not grant athletic scholarships.

The Truth
Waterboy

Post by The Truth »

not very impressive

playsports
Waterboy

Post by playsports »

I said on another Fairland thread that as a Fairland fan I am sick of hearing about kids transferring.If you have a kid and want out,just go.The same people have become a cancer.Take your negative attitudes and leave.I am as competitive as the next person but I also believe (and teach my kids)to play the hand you are dealt.Most of the people who complain,do not go above and beyond to help the programs except buy tickets to the games.Again,the same people over and over again.Blah,blah,blah.I would rather win less and have loyal parents than listen to these constant cry baby attitudes.If you are so unhappy,what part of leave do you not understand?

earp
S

Post by earp »

Not very impressive??Where are you playing college ball there "Truth"?Only about 1% of all high school kids play any kind of college ball at any level so I think thats pretty good that I can think of a dozen kids right off the top of my head..And I know Raiderball that D-3 doesnt give out scholarships,But they do however open up grant money and finanacial aid for kids that are playing ball at their school.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Earp, are any of those in the last 10 years? And ump have you forgotten, we now have a new b-ball coach too?
Last edited by sportsnut mom on Fri May 23, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Truth
Waterboy

Post by The Truth »

earp,you have listed 12 kids,how many years are you going back?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Help me out....There was a pitcher from Fairland who landed an D1 scholarship a couple years ago...Michael....

earp
S

Post by earp »

Michael Hill,God he will kill me if I didnt mention his name.I talk to him over on myspace all the time.GEEZ! :oops: And mom I am going back into the 80s.I think I misunderstood the question a bit I was just trying to think of Fairland kids that had played college ball.Oh another note on Micheal Hill.He is now a middle reliever at the Univ.of Cincinnati.He orginally signed with East Carolina but transferred.Oh and another baseball guy that is doing very well is Adam Fuller,He is DH ing at Rio Grande and really hitting the ball well.Several of those kids on that list were scholarship kids though other than the kids that played D-3 or NAIA.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Thanks earp for the help. It's awful to get old and forgetful. I went and watched Michael pitch a couple times. A very good one I might add.

Return to “Football”