SOC II Predictions

Who's going to win the SOCII

Total votes: 0

falconflyer
Freshman Team

SOC II Predictions

Post by falconflyer »

After workouts and with passing camps about to start what do you think? I think it will be a dog fight.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Re: SOC II 2008

Post by G&B from huddle »

Wheelersburg has be the team to beat until somebody knocks them off. They're defending champs for a reason. But if you're wanting pedictions I think it could be settled at Raidager Field in Waverly when the Burg comes calling.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I agree. The champion is the champion until beaten. What will Waverly be like?

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Well Waverly lost the best QB in Southern Ohio if not the state to D-I college football at New Mexico State. But as I understand the new QB is very good as well. The backfield should be better than capable and will have incerible speed.
That is all I can tell you without seeing the team even play a 7-on-7 yet. If they can build an O-line the offense will be just fine.
We lost a lot on defense too. But the Tigers coaches know how what they're doing I say by August they'll have a well-oiled machine.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford should come out strong this year with more #'s and talent. They went 8-2 last year and barely lost to the burg. Waverly had their # last year. Burg only returns 2 starters from last year on both sides of the ball. I'm only going by who started most of last year on a consistant basis. But, there is your top three in the SOC.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

the burg returns more than 2 starters. They return all 3 starters on the interior Dline and there #1 backup. They return a linebacker, a monster-lb-corner in lang. On offense they return a olinemen, a fullback and a tailback. Thats off the top of my head I could be missing some.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

fbnut wrote:the burg returns more than 2 starters. They return all 3 starters on the interior Dline and there #1 backup. They return a linebacker, a monster-lb-corner in lang. On offense they return a olinemen, a fullback and a tailback. Thats off the top of my head I could be missing some.

Lang im guessing will start QB, im not making the decisions so who knows, and to me he can be a great quarterback...tons of speed, pretty strong, a little on the short side but overall a tremendous athlete. I look for more option playes this season as his stature may play a role in how my PIRATES handle the passing game but with the skill lang holds who knows what will be the gameplan.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

fbnut wrote:the burg returns more than 2 starters. They return all 3 starters on the interior Dline and there #1 backup. They return a linebacker, a monster-lb-corner in lang. On offense they return a olinemen, a fullback and a tailback. Thats off the top of my head I could be missing some.

Well, I'm not counting monster backs and #1 back ups. I was counting the fullback and tailback on Off. That was the two. I was sure most started on the Def too. There is always alot of new faces throughout the season that will start this game and not another game so I was just counting the every Friday players.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Lang was the monster back I was referring to and he started every friday. The olinemen was a soph last year and by the end of the year he had earned himself a starting position, I think most people would consider that a returning starter. The 4 interior Dlinemen didnot play any offense. Actually I think White the fullback-linebacker is the only returning starter that saw a lot of time on both sides of the ball. I don't think shank the tb played very much D.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Sounds accurate. The new coach and system is also something to watch for. A team always takes on the personality of the coach.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I agree. To a certain extent there is always a learning curve anytime someone becomes a head coach for the first time. Lewis was better head coach when he left than he was when he started.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

This should be a great year for the SOC! A ton of talent returning to what may be a tough year for all the teams in the conference. Wheelersburg is almost always on top and there is always another team close to their feet trying to knock them down. Will this be the year? I do not know, but I do know that Minford, Waverly, West, Northwest and Valley all have a chance.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

I dont know about northwest......

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Incognito wrote:I dont know about northwest......

Anything can happen, and now they can play in memory of a fellow teammate. That is a big load to carry but I think they are up to the challenge.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Watch out for Minford this year. Last year was a learning curve with everything new. They have one of the top weight lifting/conditioning programs in Scioto county now.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

From an outsiders point of view I see the SOC II as being a three or possibly four team race.

Wheelersburg, with what 27 championships you always have to count the Pirates in the race. A new coach might slow them for bit, but they will be a team others have to beat to win the championship.

Minford, good numbers coming back, some others moving in and a solid staff could equal a championship coming to Muletown!

Waverly, lost 21 seniors, but have talent in the backfield it will be the line play that determines the Tigers success.

West, return nearly everyone, however they have some strong teams above them but could make some noise.

Valley, still a year away from competing for a championship, but coach Crabtree will have the Indians always ready for an upset.

Northwest and a new coach as well, good luck to them.

Got this from the Huddle, I think its pretty accurate.

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

marshallman wrote:Watch out for Minford this year. Last year was a learning curve with everything new. They have one of the top weight lifting/conditioning programs in Scioto county now.

John Berry, Esq runs the S & D department he was in charge of Cols Bishop Hartley's program but moved to Minford a few years ago. He's the reason why Minford has one of the top S & D programs in the area.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

I agree , J.BERRY will not tolerate somone who will not put out 110%. If your a slacker do not enter the wood shed..

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

S & D?

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

piratepride05 wrote:S & D?

Strength and Development.

Return to “Football”