Freshman Team

Piketon Redstreak Football 2012

Post by Bandwagoner »

What do you all think?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Piketon Redstreak Football 2012

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon loses 3 offensive linemen in Terry, Moore and Smith. They return every skill position in QB Brabson, RB's Waddle, Royster, WR's Ferguson, Williams, and Bowman, TE Bennett and what to do with Jeremy Farmer! lol The season is set up for them to make noise, now work hard and see what happens.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Think we have heard this before out of the Village....

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

From me all you ever heard was guarded optimism! lol Now, in the past some young folks from Piketon have ran their mouths and not backed it up. Where in my post did I say anything about being great, winning the league or making the playoffs? No where, no need to stir the pot laces.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

They should be very entertaining to watch, they have plenty of speed, farmer has great size and athleticism and from watching him play last year very physical can see him being a run stopper at the ilb position? Right side of the line with Accardo and Ward are extremely solid and I see Bennett moving back to the o-line this yr which will lessen the need on the line. D-line should be very strong and all the linebackers coming back good depth there. Losing Pack at safety will be hard to replace, he was fun to watch, I have never in my life seen a 140 lb kid hit as hard as he did, could see Sparky moving back there? I would say Coach Gullion will have fun moving the chess pieces around has plenty of pieces to play with this yr. Looking forward to the season and after talking to the boys they are chomping at the bit and its still basketball season. HIT THE WEIGHT ROOM HARD GUYS where you are next season depends on what you put into it now. COMMIT TO EXCELENCE

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

I agree with all these posts, personally i believe this year has a lot to do with bryan robinson being healthy and ready to play and wadell being at full strength.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Wadell had surgery to repair and clean both shoulders (ouch) and is rehabbing now should be good to go, wasnt aware robinson had any surgeries or anything repaired so Im not sure why he wouldnt be healthy? Hopefully he is in lifting with the other guys getting bigger and stronger. Talked to one of the assistants and he was real pleased to the amount of kids lifting this winter he said they were having a great turnout.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

How did the JV team fair last season?
Have there been any players move out or move in?
Any changes to the schedule?

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

robinson missed all of the preseason and barely made it back before the waverly game last year if i remember correctly, due to some unkown illness. and no new transfers that i know of, and the schedule is the same. as for the jv, im pretty sure they were above 500.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Robinson also had a knee injury that ended the season early however did not require surgery. Kids work g hard in weightroom.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

knew he missed preseason wasnt aware of the knee injury!

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

i knew he had an injury during the season but didnt know what, so was it a tear of some sort?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

no tear... swelling so bad that dr would not release him to play

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

Heard piketon got a transfer? Black kid about 6'5 to play receiver? Still doubt they can beat the Mustangs though, they are power house and can throw! Williamson won't be stopped.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Havent heard about a transfer coming in to play receiver, not really a need for piketon they return a pretty good group of receivers. Williamson is tough one man show up in Westfall should be another great game, get them at home this yr was up 2 scores last yr late couldnt hold him off might be the deciding game of the svc next yr.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

yeah, williamson is a one man show. but he can play! and just found out Shane Pack is signing with Alderson-Broaddus today to play safety!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

svcfanatic wrote:Heard piketon got a transfer? Black kid about 6'5 to play receiver? Still doubt they can beat the Mustangs though, they are power house and can throw! Williamson won't be stopped.
Austin Buchanan 6'2 Athlete. Plays on the JV basketball team. Great kid with an outstanding work ethic. Will be a nice addition to the Redstreaks in the fall.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I thought Austin was running cross country hadnt heard he was playing football. Very good athlete

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

Staten is a top notch receiver too. To me, i think piketon only has Is their QB and a pretty good receiver. Their defense was horrible from what I saw. Be prepared for Williamson to go off again, boys. The kid is an animal!

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

pretty high scoring game last time didnt see a whole lot of defense from Westfall either! And actually Piketon ran the football on westfall pretty effectively a turnover late killed them. soo dont know about your comments

Return to “Football”