If I-town misses playoffs....

osufan76
Waterboy

If I-town misses playoffs....

Post by osufan76 »

will this be it for Bob Lutz? This region is no cake walk....6-4/7-3 there is a chance a team will not get in........something to think about. tick.tick. Or, if the Tigers do make it but have an early 2nd round exit, will Lutz hang em up and ride into the sunset? The day is coming Ironton..........tick.tick.tick.tick.tick........who will take over the Tigers once Lutz IS done esp. after the way MT was ran out of town???

tigermack
Freshman Team

Re: If I-town misses playoffs....

Post by tigermack »

Mason Co. gave Russell two tough games last year....holy crap....Ironton's AD had better get on the horn and see if he can work out a deal! :lol: Man, if they could give Russell a good game, they must be the real deal. Please, that's Kentucky football, there is simply no comparison. I hope to see you on here when Ironton and Russell play each other. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't wait to shove some crow down your throat. ;-)
Last edited by tigermack on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

hammerdown,

Go right ahead and look up the history of...say the last ten years of Kentucky football vs. Ohio football...be my guest. You just might be surprised. ;-)

As for Ironton living in the past, the truth is, even in their worst seasons, they could've taken the mighty red devils. :lol: We can argue all night long, but it will be settled in '09. I honestly think that the only reason Russell scheduled Ironton was because at the time, Lutz was gone. :lol: They sure shyed away when Lutz was at the helm.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Coach Lutz has plenty of good years left in him. As for not making playoffs I dont see that happening.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i agree tigercannon, thats the same person, that called me out for a comment on the ovc thread. they only wish they had coach lutz.

and hammerdown, i know that you are joking. most know that also. but i look for the replacement for coach lutz, when this does happen. to come from within the program, or someone, from a highly successful ohio program. ironton, is not only one of the most storied programs, in ohio. but the nation. check it out. it's in the books.

some will laugh, some will look, THEN QUIT LAUGHING. i see a very deep playoff run this year for the fighting tigers.

p.s. ironton's schedule not preparing them for the playoffs. what a joke. :122245

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I don't see Coach Lutz retiring bar a natural disaster until he is the winningest coach in the state of Ohio. Too close to that record not to beat it. I also see the replacement coming from the current staff. I couldn't tell you who, but I can tell you they will be qualified.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my guess is mark lutz. the hammer.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

jumper wrote:My guess for a new coach at I-Town would be Danny Pride.Definitely knows the game and is a really ggod guy that would be willing to work and prepare the kids

This is a serious question, because I only know of Mr. Pride what I read about him in the Tribune. Has he ever even coached football? The Tribune article mentioned that he had been coaching girls basketball I believe and didn't mention any football. Playing football and being a great guy doesn't mean you will make a good coach. We had a taste of that scenario already with Chris Barnes. Once again, please do not read more in to this, because I really am only asking if Mr. Pride has coached football before.

GO TIGERS!!!

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

Danny Pride coached football at Webb which is in California. http://www.webb.org

osufan76
Waterboy

Post by osufan76 »

YTB....how is this an attack on Ironton, just an honest question about Bob Lutz. I never said anything about Ironton's schedule either....just that 6-4/7-3 might not get it done this season in region 15. Lots of teams are supposed to be a lot better that's all I'm saying.

But you guys do have to admit, Lutz days are numbered, I say he gets the record then retires....so I guess that would make it at the end of the 2010 season...maybe 2009.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Yeah this region is tough, but look at our schedule we play a lot of DII and DIII teams. Plus we got the Burg which is a bonnaza of playoff points. Realistically we can go 6-4 or 7-3 and be in the playoffs. Remember they take 8 teams to the playoffs from each region.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

hammerdown wrote:YTB i am just trying to add a little spice to the board. :)

i do think Buchannonn would do a great job over there.

and crow is pretty tasty once you get past the feathers! :lol: :lol:

If spice is a complete lack of football knowledge, then you are doing one fine job! Keep up the good work sir! By the way, we don't have to wait until 2009, since the IHS 9th grade plays Russell this year.

GO TIGERS!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

hammerdown wrote:
gotigers wrote:
hammerdown wrote:YTB i am just trying to add a little spice to the board. :)

i do think Buchannonn would do a great job over there.

and crow is pretty tasty once you get past the feathers! :lol: :lol:

If spice is a complete lack of football knowledge, then you are doing one fine job! Keep up the good work sir! By the way, we don't have to wait until 2009, since the IHS 9th grade plays Russell this year.

GO TIGERS!!!

lack of football knowledge how do you figure that? just because i said the mason coach would be good? i know itown has a incredible record against the red devils. and i know that p town and the burg is going to beat itown. i and everyone else knows how itown wins so much, and itown has shyed away from play Russell when they have haid incredible success over the past 7 -10 years.
and like a 9th grade games matter you could be the one without any football knowledge. Ivan's staff uses those games as a glorified practice to familarize the players to the wing t offense. and well nobody over here really cares about 9th grade games as far as records go. it's the development for varsity is what counts.so if itown wins brag all you want.

That's alot of crap in one post :lol:

The past 5 years Ironton has beat 2 Kentucky State Champion teams.

2003....Ironton over Belfry....28-0
2004....Ironton over Belfry....31-10

I would say Russell would be 2-8 the last 10 years against the Tigers but I guess we will never know since Russell has avoided the Tigers the last few years. How many OKAC titles did Russell win during the the leagues existance????

In my opinion the Tigers will make the playoffs and do well in them. I know one thing for sure, I will be along for the ride no matter how the season turns out.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

dont have to worry about russell not making the playoffs.......... you gotta really suck not to go in ky :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

osufan76 wrote:YTB....how is this an attack on Ironton, just an honest question about Bob Lutz. I never said anything about Ironton's schedule either....just that 6-4/7-3 might not get it done this season in region 15. Lots of teams are supposed to be a lot better that's all I'm saying.

But you guys do have to admit, Lutz days are numbered, I say he gets the record then retires....so I guess that would make it at the end of the 2010 season...maybe 2009.
------------------------------------ I'M CHILLIN. YOU CRUCIFIED ME, ON THE OVC THREAD FOR JUST SUGGESTING THAT OVC TEAMS, PLAY A MORE DIFFICULT NON LEAGUE SCHEDULE. WILL BETTER QUALIFY THEM FOR THE PLAYOFFS. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE ALL THE PM'S I'VE GOT FROM OVC FAN'S. MUCH TO YOUR DISMAY. THAT ARE SAYING I WAS RIGHT ON. THEY WANNA GO FARTHER THAN A POSSIBLE OVC TITLE. I DON'T KNOW WHICH TEAM YOU SUPPORT. I LOVE THE OVC. HECK, IT'S RIGHT IN MY BACKYARD. I LIVE IN KITTS HILL. BUT GRADUATED FROM IRONTON. WHEN MY DAD WAS NEAR DEATH FROM CANCER, WE MADE A PACT , THAT WE WERE GONNA BEAT THIS . AND HAVE MANY MORE YEARS OF TIGER FOOTBALL TO WATCH. BUT I ALSO , AM A VERY DIE-HARD ROCK HILL FAN. THE 2 SHOULD PLAY EACH OTHER EVERY YEAR. THINK OF THE POINTS. AND THERE ARE AT LEAST 3 SCHOOL'S IN THE OVC , THAT ARE BIGGER THAN IRONTON.

WHOEVER YOU ARE , YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW ME. SO YOU KNOW I GO TO ALL LOCAL PLAYOFF GAMES. I WANTED TO GO TO ROCK HILL'S LAST YEAR, BUT COULD NOT HOOK UP WITH ANYBODY. THAT WAS GOING.

AS FAR AS OUR RECORD, OF COURSE , EITHER OF US COULD BE WRONG, OR RIGHT . ON OUR PREDICTIONS. I SINCERELY THINK. IRONTON COULD GO ANYWHERE, BETWEEN 8-2, TO 10-0. THEY ARE STILL YOUNG , BUT LOADED WITH TALENT. WE'LL SEE WHO'S CLOSER IN THE PICK-EMS CONTEST. BUT I REALLY THINK THE OVC, IS WIDE OPEN, ANDFOR THE TAKING THIS YEAR. I BELIEVE IT WILL BE A 4 HORSE RACE. BUT WILL NOT SAY WHAT 4 I BELIEVE. JUST BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE.

HAMMERDOWN, I REALLY HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT OUT HERE TO THE COOKOUT THE 2ND. LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU. MY WIFE GRADUATEDFROM RUSSELL. IN 83. YOU SEEM LIKE A FUNNY, GREAT GUY.

da_other_c_miller21
Waterboy

Post by da_other_c_miller21 »

hammerdown wrote: it's the development for varsity is what counts.so if itown wins brag all you want.

The devlopement has to start somewhere and if Ironton does stomp you all or vice versa it is a highlight of what more than likely will happen with the future varsity team! You would have to be crazy as a coach or a member of the coaching staff not to look at the 9th grade team. 9th grade does matter! Yes it's where they still learn the formations and playbook but it is also where true talent starts to shine! :12224

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

The Tigers will make the playoffs and have a deep run....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ghostwriter wrote:The Tigers will make the playoffs and have a deep run....

I have to agree with you again ghostwriter......This is going to be a tough Tiger team.

Return to “Football”