Realistic Expectations of your Team?

wobycat
SEOPS

Realistic Expectations of your Team?

Post by wobycat »

I find it amusing reading everyone's take on their favorite team's upcoming season. I have no idea what other teams are going to do this upcoming season. I would like to read some true outlooks of your team. I am a Wheelersburg grad and this is what I kinda forsee the pirates doing based upon what players are coming back.

- Coaching Change- I dont know if this will affect the pirates as much as it looks like it would. For one Coach Woodward has been here for quite some time and from what I am told the players respect him. The problem is when you change coaches, you have to learn his system. This may cause some confusion at the begining. Hopefully that can be erased during the scrimmages.

- Senior Leadership - This is a small senior laced team. This may cause problems. The hope is one will step up and lead.

- Players - WBurg usually will have skilled players, the good thing is the junior class has had alot of experience at the varsity level.

- Offense - Pirates number one concern. New coaching philosophy and lack of senior experience could keep the pirates on their heels in a few games.

- Defense - This may sound crazy but I believe this years D will match if not be better than last year's D. The hope is to find enough offense to keep this unit fresh.

X Factor - Schedule. WBurg's schedule favors them this year. Some of their toughest matches will be at home. This could help the pirates edge out a few victories.

I look for the WBurg to be 7-3 or 8-2 at years end with at least a share of the SOC and another playoff berth.
Last edited by wobycat on Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Portsmouth98
All State

Re: Realistic Expectations of your Team?

Post by Portsmouth98 »

I am actually pretty unsure of PHS this year. I know about what we have but it's more so the teams on our schedule that puzzle me. I think we'll most likely finish anywhere from 4-6 to 7-3 and be near the top of the SEOAL.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

portsmouth_98 wrote:I am actually pretty unsure of PHS this year. I know about what we have but it's more so the teams on our schedule that puzzle me. I think we'll most likely finish anywhere from 4-6 to 7-3 and be near the top of the SEOAL.

From what I saw from last years Portsmouth Frosh vs Wburg Frosh game PHS might be one year away but then look out. WOW :122246

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

My team or the team I root for the most is Newark Catholic.

I have them going 9-1 and winning another state title.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Logan...9-1 or 10-0 in the regular season (Lancaster will be a close game this year). Regional finalist-lose to Louisville.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think going 5-5 would be a success for Valley. Burg, West, and Minford are all supposed to be strong. Waverly is usually tough. We'll have to see what happens! The Indians are a year or two away from being VERY good.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

9-1 with at least one playoff win for Logan.

It's a very tough region to win football games in. DeSales, Watterson, Canfield, New Albany, Dublin Scioto, Louisville, Uniontown Lake, Tri-Valley, Youngstown East, plus a couple of decent City League teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'M BEING REALISTIC. I LOOK FOR ANYWHERE BETWEEN 8-2. 0R 10-0. FOR THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS THIS YEAR. I REALLY FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE TIGERS CHANCES THIS YEAR. HECK , I COULD BE RIGHT , OR WAY OFF. I LOOK FOR THE PLAYOFF STREAK TO BE ALIVE AND WELL AGAIN FOR THE TIGERS FOR MANY YEARS TO COME NOW.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

SOunds about right about Valley. Minford 8-2 or better

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

X Factor huh? @Waverly and @ West???

http://216.226.143.212/public/footballS ... ?sid=16118

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East I see no worse than a 8-2 record even with the coaching change. I also see no worse than a 2nd place finish in the SOC I and another birth to the playoffs.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I know Portsmouth lost a lot lasy year, but unlike most seasons when you lose a lot of seniors, this is one year,I feel realy good about a year after losing a lot.

this group of young kids has had nothing but success from pee wee through junior high,I look for a great season, my guess is NO LESS then 7 and 3, and could be even better.

then...LOOK OUT.

but really what I "expect" is for the kids to work hard, play to the best of their ability,and what happens ..happens. 8)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

For the first time since 2002 West has a bunch of talented experienced seniors combined with 3 other classes of talented kids. Looking at our schedule, I see no way we go worse than 7-3 and if the line jells, we have a great shot at a perfect regular season and maybe the region. Few teams are going to be able to match our combination of size and skill. Basically if our o-line can at worst neutralize the defensive front, were gonna be a defensive nightmare. Great speed on the outside with size and a couple big receivers. Speed and size in the backfield. If the defense goes small, they'll line up in the T and run 600 pounds of muscle and speed at them not including a 230 pound QB.

Toughest game for us I think will be Portsmouth, because of their size up front. If we can get by them, I don't think we'll loose again in the regular season.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

wobycat wrote:I find it amusing reading everyone's take on their favorite team's upcoming season. I have no idea what other teams are going to do this upcoming season. I would like to read some true outlooks of your team. I am a Wheelersburg grad and this is what I kinda forsee the pirates doing based upon what players are coming back.

- Coaching Change- I dont know if this will affect the pirates as much as it looks like it would. For one Coach Woodward has been here for quite some time and from what I am told the players respect him. The problem is when you change coaches, you have to learn his system. This may cause some confusion at the begining. Hopefully that can be erased during the scrimmages.

- Senior Leadership - This is a small senior laced team. This may cause problems. The hope is one will step up and lead.

- Players - WBurg usually will have skilled players, the good thing is the junior class has had alot of experience at the varsity level.

- Offense - Pirates number one concern. New coaching philosophy and lack of senior experience could keep the pirates on their heels in a few games.

- Defense - This may sound crazy but I believe this years D will match if not be better than last year's D. The hope is to find enough offense to keep this unit fresh.

X Factor - Schedule. WBurg's schedule favors them this year. Some of their toughest matches will be at home. This could help the pirates edge out a few victories.

I look for the WBurg to be 7-3 or 8-2 at years end with at least a share of the SOC and another playoff berth.

I think you are pretty dead on.
although don't be surprised to see a 9-1 ending, but they would have to fire on all cylinders after a tough loss. realistically though yeah 8-2 or 7-3

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Well i look for portsmouth to go either 8-2 or 9-1 the only losses i see us having is burg and ironton but then again u never no from watching them at the stadium they looked like they did at this time last year my opion and look were we finished last year lol but i say a playofff win for us this year!!!!!!!!

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I'M BEING REALISTIC. I LOOK FOR ANYWHERE BETWEEN 8-2. 0R 10-0. FOR THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS THIS YEAR. I REALLY FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE TIGERS CHANCES THIS YEAR. HECK , I COULD BE RIGHT , OR WAY OFF. I LOOK FOR THE PLAYOFF STREAK TO BE ALIVE AND WELL AGAIN FOR THE TIGERS FOR MANY YEARS TO COME NOW.

Same thing here, I don't see any reason to not wish the best for the tiger's, I honestly see a 8-2 or 10-0 and on to the playoffs, Losses if any only coming from an upset. These tiger's have never give up even when the fans have on occasion last year, If some of the fans would see how hard these kids work in the hot sun, rain, and in the weight room they would not walk out on them when they were down last year, I know i have went a little off topic and I need to get over what happened last year, But I am a dedicated tiger fan from start to finish of the game, no matter what the score is, If you count the nephews and nieces I have my friday nights will be booked for the next 18+ years and counting

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Logan will be 9-1 in the regular season. By default that means any hope of Ironton going undefeated is lost. The Logan victory over Ironton will not be an upset. It will be closer to a lesson.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

2old wrote:Logan will be 9-1 in the regular season. By default that means any hope of Ironton going undefeated is lost. The Logan victory over Ironton will not be an upset. It will be closer to a lesson.

Well, 2old you should know what it's like to have lesson's handed to you by the Fighting Tigers.... :lol:

Your going down this year.... :122246

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ghostwriter wrote:
2old wrote:Logan will be 9-1 in the regular season. By default that means any hope of Ironton going undefeated is lost. The Logan victory over Ironton will not be an upset. It will be closer to a lesson.

Well, 2old you should know what it's like to have lesson's handed to you by the Fighting Tigers.... :lol:

Your going down this year.... :122246

I agree, Tigers win this year. I see them going 9-1 at the worst but I expect 10-0 and a deep run in the playoffs. Get used to it is all I can say, for the next few years anyhow.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

JohnKnight wrote:X Factor huh? @Waverly and @ West???

http://216.226.143.212/public/footballS ... ?sid=16118

I said some of their tougher matches are at home. Of course this is going on last years schedule. Like I said I have no Idea what other teams will bring to the table. But traditionaly Burg's toughest games are Ironton and Portsmouth.

Return to “Football”