Let's Go Cavalier Fans!!!

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Let's Go Cavalier Fans!!!

Post by scooterdawg »

Chillicothe Cavalier fas where are you. Two a day's begin Thursday so it's time to get pumped up!!! I have high hopes for our team and they should be alot of fun to watch, A big core group of seniors returning with a nice group of underclassmen to add to the mix. Let's go up to the Haven and make some noise just as we did in 2006.
There is no reason why this team shouldn't go at least 8-2.

Army
S

Re: Let's Go Cavalier Fans!!!

Post by Army »

Good Luck CAVS :!: :-D

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

As Hitchbone states!!

REFUSE TO LOOSE!!!!!!!

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

i agree!!! there is no reason why this team should not fair well. the defense returns all of its starting lineup except for 3 postions. the offense needs to run the ball more and go to some other things besides the spread offense. hopefully, the new offenseive cordinator will bring some new life to this team. if the head coach backs his staff and they agree and work together and play the right pesonel they should do great. they'll have new uniforms and a new look, along with alot of retuning starters on both sides of the ball they should click on all cylinders. with a tough schedule starting out these kids are one step ahead. they already know what they have to face in the first 3 games. they've been there done that and their all a year older and they know each other well. no one on this team is the only star. theres to much talent all the way around to pin point anyone out. which means they'll all step up and make the plays that win ball games. some people have this team not winning a single game. i find that a joke to say they won't win one game. people must really be smokin the good old peace pipe!!!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

What type of new uniforms are the CAVS going to be wearing? Are they adding the color red back to their uniforms?

I wish our CAVS the best! I know they have a Veteran Team this season.

GO CAVS :!: :-D

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

Hey Raven......you still out there? We have not heard from you in awhile. Hope your not loosing interest in the program. How is your girl T. V. doing?

ravens 2
Waterboy

Post by ravens 2 »

scooter, no i haven't lost intrest in the program at all. i've just been checkin out all the teams in the area and the league. can't wait for the season to start. i think it will be a season of upsets and some surprises in the seoal. i watched your team at the 7 on 7 and i thought your defense looked good. do you know who will be helping shay netter out at the other linebacker spot since zach ray graduated. netter looked impressive. looks like he gained some weight and moves quick to the ball. your receivers looked good as well as knights. you guys may surprise some people this year. your o line and d line have everybody back except anderson. those will be big shoes to fill. the season will be here before you know it. good luck with your season and i pray for everyones teams to stay healthy and have a great season. by the way don't have a clue how tv's doing. i thought you would know!!ha!!ha!!
i'll check you later!!!

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

I was told that Alex Grow would be seeing action at the other linebacker spot. But you know how things are subject to change. It's hard to tell what will happen once 2 a day's start. What happened to the Zeiszler dude? Couldn't wake up for the morning practices. It sure would have been nic for JJ Jenkins to have stuck it out.

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

Well two a day's have started. I heard thru the grapevine that Shawn Zeisler and Eric Young both showed up.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

scooterdawg wrote:Well two a day's have started. I heard thru the grapevine that Shawn Zeisler and Eric Young both showed up.

really??? that would be great if they could keep both of those kids on the team. have they been at the 7 on 7's this year or not??

Army
S

Post by Army »

How's the offense this season? I hope we mix it up a little more this season.

GO CAVS :!: :-D

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

Zeisler went to one of the 7 on 7's at Capital. He was a little rusty. He has not played footbal since the 8th grade. We will see if they both have the heart, desire and drive to stick it out. And if they show up only when they feel like it they need to be booted out. It is not fair to the atheletes who are committed. Go Cav's.....refuse to loose!!!!

Sporty
Waterboy

Post by Sporty »

I doubt if you will see Red in the uniforms. I know that the uniforms for all teams are suppose to be only Blue/White. Red is not a school color from what I have been told. I do believe the athletic dept. has to approve the uniforms ordered for all teams if the school is paying for them.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Sporty wrote:I doubt if you will see Red in the uniforms. I know that the uniforms for all teams are suppose to be only Blue/White. Red is not a school color from what I have been told. I do believe the athletic dept. has to approve the uniforms ordered for all teams if the school is paying for them.

Sporty,

Chillicothe used to have red strips in their football pants, if I am not wrong, I believe in the late 70's or early 80's. Look at the Cheerleaders uniforms. Their B-Ball ones still have red in their uniforms. The practice jerseys in the early 80's where red mesh. I am not sure but I think red is an original color with the Blue and White. Check out the history. Maybe I am wrong. My question is, if it is not, why is our cheerleaders still wearing red in the B-Ball cheerleader uniforms :?:

Maybe the (red color) in the uniform is symbolic and comes from the orginal nick-name of Chillicothe Sports. They used to be called the Red Devils until the late 20's or 30's when they changed their name to the Cavaliers.

Just curious :?:

So what's the new look for the uniforms this season?

GO CAVS :!:

Sporty
Waterboy

Post by Sporty »

I have heard their is a problem with the cheerleaders having red in their uniforms.
You may be correct at one time red may have been one of the school colors. I do know the athletic department has a fit when you put red in the school uniforms because it is not a school color. Blue/white is the school colors.

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

Yep the cheerleaders had to gt new uniforms because of the red. It cost each of the parents $600.00 also. I also know for a fact that the boy's new jerseys had to be sent back and corrected because the #'s had what is referred to as a shadow box # and were outlined in black. These jerseys were not purchased by the school but from a private donator.....go figure!!!!

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

Yeah, not sure anyone truly knows how red got into the uni's.
The basketball and football teams had different mascot names in the early years.
Basketball was Red Devils until WWII while football went from Orangemen to Vikings and later Cavaliers. Vikings came about in 1930 when new uni's arrived.
They were blue and white, which didn't fit the "Orangemen". In a newspaper account, the team took a number of suggestions: "Atomizers", "Flying Orioles", "Royal Bluejackets", "Terrors" and two of my favorites, "Big Witts" & "Battling Chilcos".
Robert Calvert suggested Vikings (apparently the new helmets ressembled Viking helmets) and the team agreed. It seems the Class of 1938 had a vote to change the nickname to Cavaliers for football, later adopted by the basketball program.
More than you probably wanted to know, eh? :)

keeping it real
Waterboy

Post by keeping it real »

Yeah go figure!!!!! that the young kid comes out after all the hard work is done in the weight room.He is a good Athlete,if you can keep his head out of the clouds.Is he going to be handed a spot on the team or are they going to make him work for it??

Army
S

Post by Army »

Blu_n_Whyt wrote:Yeah, not sure anyone truly knows how red got into the uni's.
The basketball and football teams had different mascot names in the early years.
Basketball was Red Devils until WWII while football went from Orangemen to Vikings and later Cavaliers. Vikings came about in 1930 when new uni's arrived.
They were blue and white, which didn't fit the "Orangemen". In a newspaper account, the team took a number of suggestions: "Atomizers", "Flying Orioles", "Royal Bluejackets", "Terrors" and two of my favorites, "Big Witts" & "Battling Chilcos".
Robert Calvert suggested Vikings (apparently the new helmets ressembled Viking helmets) and the team agreed. It seems the Class of 1938 had a vote to change the nickname to Cavaliers for football, later adopted by the basketball program.
More than you probably wanted to know, eh? :)

Great Cavalier History :!: :-D

wildeyes7679
Waterboy

Post by wildeyes7679 »

The 08 Cavaliers are having a great pre-season! The Defensive, Offensive, & Special Teams Units are really working hard and showing great promise for a successful season. Work ethic, intensity, teamwork, and attitude have been fantastic! The Cavaliers will be having Picture Day this Saturday from 8 - 10 followed by the annual "Blue - White" Scrimmage from 10 - 12, both events will be held at Herrnstein Field and open to the public. If you can't make it on Saturday, the Cavs will be scrimmaging the Tigers from McClain High School on Monday at home w/ the JV scrimmage beginning at 5:00 and the Varsity to follow.

"WE ARE CAVALIERS!

Return to “Football”