WK 1 River Valley @ Minford

MuletownManiac
JV Team

WK 1 River Valley @ Minford

Post by MuletownManiac »

Week 1 time to see if all the hard work has paid off. Who do you think will win?

Minford Big!

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Mighty Minford Falcons vs. River Valley Raiders

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Minford, 49-14.

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

this one will be tighter than expected

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

River Valley played an unfocused Coal Grove team at home last year and still lost. Minford played a hyped up Coal Grove team last year at their place and won.

I think Minford will be better than last year, even with the loss of Reynolds in the backfield. They are pretty deep at WR and RB, their defense should be strong and fast.

I see Minford winning this game by 2-3TD's.

I will go out on a limb and say Minford wins 35-14. It could be closer than that or it very well could get out of hand by halftime.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford opens up with a statement game. 35-7 Minford. :122246
Today practice begins! We will see who layed on the couch all summer and did nothnig and who worked their butts off in the weight room.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

MINFORD lost more than just one back ,from last years team .they lost BLOCKING from the other backs ,they lost LEADERSHIP. but i think most important thier were no JEALOUSY among the backs.This years team has alot to still prove.that last years team was so closeand smart. i am not even going to start talking how smart the line was . big shoes to fill 8)

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford had transfers come in and replace what was lost at RB. The line will be bigger and stronger. I don't know about smarter. :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

bushmaster24 wrote:MINFORD lost more than just one back ,from last years team .they lost BLOCKING from the other backs ,they lost LEADERSHIP. but i think most important thier were no JEALOUSY among the backs.This years team has alot to still prove.that last years team was so closeand smart. i am not even going to start talking how smart the line was . big shoes to fill 8)

Didnt they lose Blocking and Leadership in 06 going into 07? Happens every year.

With as many kids as they have out for football, it will be a big shock if they dont have kids to step right in and take the place of the kids they lost.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

same kids played 06-07 ,very few seniors that year,so your comment doesnt make sense. 8)

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Minford !!!Big

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

marshallman wrote:Minford opens up with a statement game. 35-7 Minford. :122246
Today practice begins! We will see who layed on the couch all summer and did nothnig and who worked their butts off in the weight room.

Practice begins Tomorrow !

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

bushmaster24 wrote:MINFORD lost more than just one back ,from last years team .they lost BLOCKING from the other backs ,they lost LEADERSHIP. but i think most important thier were no JEALOUSY among the backs.This years team has alot to still prove.that last years team was so closeand smart. i am not even going to start talking how smart the line was . big shoes to fill 8)

Every year it seems the previous year's senior parents say the same thing. It was certainly said going into last year that Minford lost too much in 2006 to be successful and we all know that was not the case. Sure Minford lost a lot from last year, but there are solid players at every position and the team has a ton of potential with more size, strength, and speed than many have said they have ever seen. Can't we all be happy with that? The one area that could be a concern is jealousy because of the competition for some of the positions. We all know what jealousy can do to a team, so let's hope that does not happen and that the players leave their egos at home with mommy and daddy. For Minford to continue to build on last year's successes, they need to play as a team and not individuals. It is a cliche', but there is no "I" in team and that is true. I am sure Daniels and Company will take care of those that may have the "I" syndrome. I would certainly expect a quick cure. Good luck Minford! The tune up for the season begins in less than 24 hours!

As for the actual topic of this thread, look for Minford to win solidly as long as they play for 4 quarters.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

the first game of the year is almost always a blow out in minfords favor. i am glad they dont open with piketon this year though

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Minford starts out with a big win against River Valley 28-0. It could and maybe be more but I dont see Coach Daniels running it up on River Valley if he could.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Bleeding Red - What is your definition of unfocused? That sounds like a very objective observation to me. After all, Coal Grove was playing for the league title.

If that game is the definition of "unfocused" then Rock Hill must have been unfocused when they played RV at home as well. Both games came down to less than 2 minutes and were lost by RV due to 1 mistake.

I will give you this. When a team has a habit of losing, it is easy to take them lightly and probably played a role in both of these games.

Just curious

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

When a team has a habit of losing, it is easy to take them lightly and probably played a role in both of these games.

Just curious[/quote]

There you go, you hit the nail on the head. That is what I mean by unfocused. River Valley should have never played with CG in that game last year when you look at accomplishment and talent on the field going into the game. But that is why the play the game. A couple mistakes here and there and a high school football game can be very close at the end even if it isnt supposed to be.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO, Minford wins this game big over RV.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Bleeding Red wrote:When a team has a habit of losing, it is easy to take them lightly and probably played a role in both of these games.

Just curious

There you go, you hit the nail on the head. That is what I mean by unfocused. River Valley should have never played with CG in that game last year when you look at accomplishment and talent on the field going into the game. But that is why the play the game. A couple mistakes here and there and a high school football game can be very close at the end even if it isnt supposed to be.

I'll be sure to let the RV kids that played their hearts out in that season finale last year, that they didnt belong on the field or in the game Bleeding Red!

As for this Week one match-up....Since this seems to be considered a blowout, I'll say River Valley 21-14. Even though I'm a Raider fan, I'm sure I'll get blasted for that! :roll:

Good luck to both teams in 2008!

GO RAIDERS!!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

I don't know anything about River Valley so I am not going to predict the game, but I will say Minford has the potential to be very good this year in every measurable category. Will they? That's up to the players and two a days just started today.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

two a days,gotta luvem 8)

Return to “Football”