gridiron grory

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

gridiron grory

Post by 1987chieftains »

with all the area teams do you guys think they woub should go to 1 or even a 2 hour show. this would give more of coverage to more or tteams. what do you guys think?

chiefswrestler09
Riding the Bench

Re: gridiron grory

Post by chiefswrestler09 »

i think they should go to a hour ...half isnt long enough last year i remember reading about games on here and some weren't even covered on gridiron ....also zville's news covered games too....looking forward to what southeast ohio is bringing into the mix this year

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

I've seen teams like Coshocton and Ridgedale on G.G. here and there. Zanesville Rosecrans I think. A few others I'm sure I'm missing from the MSL. Although those teams are not regulars, they could go with an hour and I'd sure watch it all.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

I would love to see G.G go longer....i enjoy going home after that nights game and watching the highlights of that game and other great games....but i dont get to see half of teams due to it not being long enough.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I would love to see the kids who put on the program exorcise the demons they have learned from watching too much ESPN over the years.

They seem to have been taught that every announcer should try to be a clever star.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Im not sure how many journalism students they have to staff the program

If they don't have enough students they could going more indepth on the games they can cover. do little inside stories. a team of the week story.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I agree Karl Agathon!

ColeTrickle
Waterboy

Post by ColeTrickle »

I'd like to see that too but I don't think they'll do that because they like to use their Zanesville campus for live shots.
I'd also like to see them cut out the WV teams. The show is not long enough to cover all the Parkersburg schools, Wahama, Point Pleasant, all of the TVC, all of the SEOAL, and all of the MVL.
I'd say it all boils down to areas WOUB is trying to concentrate on for their "pledge drives" or whatever they're called. The more schools and areas they cover, the more people they can beg for money.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

welp guys i emailed woub.com/g.g. and i got 2 replies from 2 different ppl. both saying the something. " we don't have the resources or time to do a 1 hour show." :roll: :( :? :roll: ain't that a bunch of bull!! sounds more like they need to be more creative. do 2 shows and air them throughout the week. 1 show can be like a pre-game thing. comparing teams do special stories etc.... then air it throughout the week leading up to the games. and then friday do a 2nd show with scores and highlights. if they split the shows they would be able to cover more. 8)
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

they was down at Portsmouth practice tonight getting some interveiws.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I'd really like to see them dump the MVL and WV teams as well. If they did, there is no need to go to an hour show. Focus on the TVC and SEOAL, and the pledges will follow.

No one in Parkersburg watches WOUB; if they watch PBS, it is the PBS station out of Beckley.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

true steely dan. the bread & butter for woub is in the tvc seoal areas. if the mvl wants in the g.g. show then have ou zanesville do a show for them and there areas.

Hornet4Life8401
Waterboy

Post by Hornet4Life8401 »

I am close with people involved with Gridiron Glory, and we have discussed extending the show. We all agreed that it would be awesome, but the emails saying that there just aren't enough resources is totally true. You have to remember that "resources" means not only man power, but also equipment. There just is not enough equipment to go to more games.

Also, in response to having more than one show during the week, know that the people that work on this show put in hours and hours during the week to prepare for the Friday show, on top of being college students. To ask any more time of these students just isn't realistic.

In addition, there was the thought that reporters could just go more in depth into games. That is a possibility, but here is the biggest problem with that. If a liveshot from OU-Zanesville or OU-Ironton has technical difficulty and can't go on air, it would be almost impossible for the Gridiron team to make up the 15 or so minutes lost by that shot failing.

Finally, Gridiron Glory is all about the teams, players and fans and has nothing to do with trying to gain pledges. They go out to the practices, get to know the coaches and get as in depth as possible into the leagues in order to bring the best coverage they can and to have a good learning experience in the process. They would like nothing more than to extend the show, but it just isn't a realistic possibility.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Why would you dump the MVL which is arguably the best Football League in SEO alongside the SEOAL.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Ithink its a great show and my dvr will be set to get every episode

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

if they go an hour that would give more schools a chance to be on there

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Gridiron Glory is all about the teams, players and fans and has nothing to do with trying to gain pledges

never said it had anything to do with pledges. bread & butter means the TVC SEOAL is 90% of this viewing area.

Why would you dump the MVL

nobody wants to MVL dumped. its just a thought. if the issue was time of manpower then they start up 2 different show goegraphically.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

As far as equipment, a school which only 2 decades ago took pride in one of the top communications departments in the nation is now playing broke. As far as asking more from the students, who said they had to be the same ones?
In addition, 1987, GOOD point.
Last, cover the Chiefs at least 15 minutes per show!!
:lol:

Return to “Football”