WK 1 Coal Grove @ Meigs

Meigs_74
Waterboy

WK 1 Coal Grove @ Meigs

Post by Meigs_74 »

What are some predictions for this week 1 game?

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Week 1: Coal Grove At Meigs

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Coal Grove 14-8.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I will take the Hornets in this one.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

you have to pick meigs. what either team is capable of is basically unknown but my instincts say the class of '09 and '10 may be the best athletic class at meigs in a while. last year coal grove was taken to task by river valley and i cannot see that hapening to meigs.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

A lot of ppl believe Meigs will b down a lot this year.....but i agree with fasteach meigs' junior and senior classes r very good....So i see meigs coming out and making a big statment in week one.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I don't know what Meigs is supposed to have this year, but Coal Grove is favored by many to win an OVC which is supposed to be very competitive this year.

Did English graduate this year and if so, is he playing football anywhere?

It'll be a long trip up to Meigs, Grove (and you guys thought the trip to RV was bad). Gotta stay focused.
I'll take Coal Grove in a shootout, 34-27.

Meigs_74
Waterboy

Post by Meigs_74 »

Yes, Cornelius did graduate. He is going to Kentucky Christian University to play ball.

Good Luck Corn-Dogg

smash_mouth
Waterboy

Post by smash_mouth »

I dont know much about coal grove but if they struggled with river valley i doubt they'll beat meigs. they might be favored towards the top of the ovc but meigs is going to be in the top of the tvc.

I pick Meigs 28-14

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

Go get 'em Marauders.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Meigs is hard to beat at home, not to mention that they are well coached and typically hard-nosed. No turf, no fancy facility, tough fans that are right on top of the field. The highly charged, traditional atmosphere is in Meigs' favor. I think they win this one by a close margin. At Coal Grove it may be a different result.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

smash_mouth wrote:I dont know much about coal grove but if they struggled with river valley i doubt they'll beat meigs. they might be favored towards the top of the ovc but meigs is going to be in the top of the tvc.

I pick Meigs 28-14

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, but when Coal Grove was involved in that game, the OVC and a potential playoff spot was on the line so it was very intense. Another thing you have remember is that Fairland beat Meigs and Coal Grove last year, but didn't win the OVC so it really just depends on what you have going for you week to week. I really don't know what kind of offense Meigs runs so it's really hard to predict how Coal Grove will handle it. Also, it sounds like Coal Grove and Meigs have a lot in common with the talent level in the 09 and 2010 classes. Should be a dandy. Hope I can attend.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I think Meigs will be down a little this year and Coal Grove has too many athletes for the Marauders to handle. I say CG 35-14.

ColeTrickle
Waterboy

Post by ColeTrickle »

fuzzhead.....Meigs' offense is not much of a mystery. It's as simple as this: 1st down - run, up the middle...2nd down - run, up the middle...3rd down - run, up the middle...4th down - punt.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

ColeTrickle wrote:fuzzhead.....Meigs' offense is not much of a mystery. It's as simple as this: 1st down - run, up the middle...2nd down - run, up the middle...3rd down - run, up the middle...4th down - punt.

Did they steal the Grove's playbook? :lol:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Coal grove by a bunch

smash_mouth
Waterboy

Post by smash_mouth »

sounds like it could be a good game, and trust me bucking red, meigs is not down

knowthegame
Waterboy

Post by knowthegame »

If meigs can get a handle on their d, meigs should have a winning season. I think meigs will have a couple good years ahead of them. I know the JV team from the past two years has been outstanding. Meigs 27 Coal Grove 17. Have fun boys and enjoy the game.

cgfootball
Waterboy

Post by cgfootball »

i think im gonna take Coal Grove in a close game...28-21.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Re: WK 1 Coal Grove @ Meigs

Post by tigermack »

CG 28 Meigs 7

Meigs_74
Waterboy

Re: WK 1 Coal Grove @ Meigs

Post by Meigs_74 »

Meigs is really coming together this year and I think it will make for a great opening game.

Return to “Football”