Logan Chieftains favored to win the SEOAL in 2008

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Logan Chieftains favored to win the SEOAL in 2008

Post by dazed&confused »

According to Craig Dunn of The Logan Daily News, a poll of media members representing newspapers, radio and internet sites that cover the league have made the Logan Chieftains the clear favorite to repeat as SEOAL champions in 2008. Logan received 124 out of a possible 126 points in the voting, including 12 out of 14 first place votes. Chillicothe is second, with 104 points and 2 first place votes. Ironton is third with 102 points.

moonshine
SEO

Re: Logan Chieftains favored to win the SEOAL in 2008

Post by moonshine »

If they improve the keep their minds on the objective. I see no reason for them to go 9-1 and make a deep run into the playoffs. My only question is the health of the O Line?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

moonschein,
If they can make it through the first few weeks, I understand the two main O-linemen who are out now are cleared to return. They will be a better (and improving) team at the end of the season. Don't discount the guys who will be starting now. They will do a good job. What we will be missing is depth at the start of the season on the line.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

In terms of the SEOAL, I think the injuries will help us in the long run by developing depth. However, it makes the first few weeks all that much tougher when you are missing to senior tackles who are returning starters.

But IF Logan gets those two back by week 4 or 5, the can be a pretty good football team.

Ironton and Chillicothe are big up front and have depth at the skill positions. I expect Ironton to be a faster football team this fall. Both will be challenges for anyone.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I agree, but they need to win 2 of the frist 3. My concern is with the depth and inexperance which is critical for the sucess of our skilled people. What is your opinion having our QB and RB start on defense?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

moon -

I think, especially with the quarterback, it's going to be "platoon" starting, and there will be other players playing nearly equal minutes. I think you will find that he is the first defensive player subbed out in every game. Outside of Lancaster and maybe Pickerington North, I think you will see him playing offense and only a few series on defense.

I also think that the running back is not going to be asked to carry the ball 25+ times a night this season. I think you'll see more of the 15-20 carry games with the second tailback getting 5-10 a night. This will help keep guys fresh.

Lancaster is starting many of their skill players both ways as well.

I'm not on staff, and don't have any "inside" information, that's just the way I believe it will play out.

I agree that Logan MUST win 2 of its first 3 games in order to contend for a playoff spot. No doubt the injuries up front have made that task much more difficult. I'm anxious to see how the boys look tonight.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm not so sure 2 out of 3 is a must to start the season. Certainly preferable but I think 8-2 gets you in.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

D&C -

8-2 would be too close for comfort. We are one of the state's toughest regions as far as qualifying goes (regardless of division).

DeSales, Watterson, Marion-Franklin, Dublin Scioto, New Albany, Canfield, Tri-Valley, Louisville, Uniontown-Lake, and Youngstown East are all absolutely legitimate playoff contenders.

Watterson, Dublin Scioto, and New Albany had killer schedule and some tough breaks to be left out last year. I'm not counting on them all having the same bad luck. All three were probably good enough to win the whole region had they gotten in.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

All the more reason to consider scheduling a more competitive first game. I'll admit I don't know for sure but I've been told you get no points for a loss.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Correct, NO COMPUTER POINTS! Need to win as many games as possible!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote:All the more reason to consider scheduling a more competitive first game. I'll admit I don't know for sure but I've been told you get no points for a loss.

That's correct. A loss gets you nothing.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganLocos wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:All the more reason to consider scheduling a more competitive first game. I'll admit I don't know for sure but I've been told you get no points for a loss.

That's correct. A loss gets you nothing.

So, Moral Victories= 0 Points

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Chiefs go 1-0 ...

Return to “Football”