Minford vs Unioto scrimmage

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Minford vs Unioto scrimmage

Post by MuletownManiac »

Not sure of the final score but at last check it was about 28-0, Minford. The Williams boy who transferred in from ND had 3 td runs of 50+ yds. Hard to get a feel for the team because of so much rotating in and out by Minford. Looked like the Falcons where trying multiple setups, trying to fine tune a soon to be well oiled machine. Actually more impressed with Unioto than ever before, showed alot of fight tonight and may surprise a couple teams in the OVC. Hope the Falcons get it all together before next weeks showdown with River Valley.

Pol pot
SE

Re: Minford vs Unioto scrimmage

Post by Pol pot »

I am not sure how many OVC teams Unioto will surprise seeing how they play in the SVC.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Minford all around looked very good. A little sluggish on defense the first series but they were stout the rest of the scrimmage. Joel Williams is a beast. He is a Trent Reynolds with SPEED, with that said Minford looks to have about 4 running backs who can break one off anytime.They are fast, very fast. I was very impressed with sophomores Mark Slone and J.P. Piguet, they ran the ball extremely well, with Marky breaking some nice runs again Unioto's first team D. I also have to agree with Muletown, Unioto is much improved from last year and could surprise some teams. They have a very nice short pass game with a deep threat in a tall receiver.( iIdont know his name but the boy is TALL). All in all nice scrimmage for both teams. Good luck to Unioto and Good luck to my Mighty Minford Falcons.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

:oops: POl POT my apologies got ahead of myself there, Unioto will surpirse a couple of SVC teams.-lol

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

MuletownManiac wrote:Not sure of the final score but at last check it was about 28-0, Minford. The Williams boy who transferred in from ND had 3 td runs of 50+ yds. Hard to get a feel for the team because of so much rotating in and out by Minford. Looked like the Falcons where trying multiple setups, trying to fine tune a soon to be well oiled machine. Actually more impressed with Unioto than ever before, showed alot of fight tonight and may surprise a couple teams in the OVC. Hope the Falcons get it all together before next weeks showdown with River Valley.

Unioto will not surprise any one this year.

:12222

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

bigstick625 wrote: Unioto will not surprise any one this year. :12222

I hope that is not the case. They need a good boost and have some good athletes but are low on numbers, especially for a D-IV school. The Strange kid (that's his name) looked good and I think he is only a sophomore. The one receiver (Maier) is a junior and looked good and Dettilion at QB is also a junior and can throw the ball. Sure would like to see them pick up some wins this year, just not against Huntington Ross.

In the portion of the scrimmage where they ran a 12:00 clock, Minford scored 4 times in less than 12 minutes. The running game looked really solid. The O-line did a good job opening holes and providing pass protection. There was one pass that should not have been made deep as there were guys open underneath and the end result was an interception on a play that had good pass protection and plenty of time to pass (the long route just was not open). It's better to go short and pick up 7-10 yards then go long and turn the ball over, but that's what scrimmages are for so the kids will learn. The defense really came on after the first series or so and were pretty smothering later in the scrimmage. I think they gave Unioto more than they wanted.

Hats off to the parents and staff at Unioto for feeding all the kids and coaches. They had a nice grill going with burgers and a nice spread of other food on the table as well. It must have been good because some of our Falcons weren't shy about going back for seconds. Thanks to Unioto for the hospitality and good luck on your season.

As for Minford, you're ready. Just fine tune a couple of areas and get ready for Friday night. Game day prep begins Monday. Meet the team is tonight at 5 PM at Minford. Go Falcons!

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Which Williams scored three times?

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Unioto has been bad in football since the Ben Hartsock days which was the late 90's. I think only one winning season since then and it was 6-4. A lot of years with 0 or 1 win.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Unioto has administration problems. this is the first time in YEARS that they have had the same coach for maore tham one year. then from my understanding he is like a parent coach. or he got hired from the biddy league something like that.

They have great athletes at that school and are great in many sports but Football is not one of them.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

mstangmom wrote:Unioto has administration problems. this is the first time in YEARS that they have had the same coach for maore tham one year. then from my understanding he is like a parent coach. or he got hired from the biddy league something like that.

They have great athletes at that school and are great in many sports but Football is not one of them.

I may be wrong, but he does not have a son playing for him. Family member yes (nephew), but son, no. If anyone can right the ship, it will be the current coach. There are certainly problems from what I have heard in regards to a lack of funding and support from the administration and the numbers are down some with only 4 seniors, but they are looking at potentially returning 30+ kids next year and if they can get a good freshman class next year, there could be well over 40 kids on the team. It's like anything else, if you neglect something long enough it takes time to make the repairs. The program did not get to where it is overnight and you cannot expect it to be fixed overnight. I would say within 1-2 years you will see a dramatic improvement if they can keep the coaching staff in place.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

RogueWarrior1965, you may be right about the relative thing like I said it's what I heard but I was not for certain on it. and you are correct they will need to keep the same coach for awhile in order for us to see any difference at all. question is will it happen or will the admin ruin it again for football.

As I said the U has great athletes, the just need consistancy, and confidence. and for parents and Admin to stay out of it and let tje coaches do their jobs.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

mstangmom wrote:RogueWarrior1965, you may be right about the relative thing like I said it's what I heard but I was not for certain on it. and you are correct they will need to keep the same coach for awhile in order for us to see any difference at all. question is will it happen or will the admin ruin it again for football.

As I said the U has great athletes, the just need consistancy, and confidence. and for parents and Admin to stay out of it and let tje coaches do their jobs.

I agree.

Return to “Football”