Post by chilltown »

Caleb Knights Qb
Curt Smith -DL
Jordan Benson -DB

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Top Players in Southern Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I SAW A LOT OF THEM WEARING ORANGE TONIGHT.

Irontown_2006
Waterboy

Post by Irontown_2006 »

Ironton's Jonathon Schweichart at Qb I cant believe ur gonna find a better arm than he has around here....
I dont see there being anyone bigger or stronger on the line than tony murphy..

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

West's FB/SS Dale Swords is one of the best in SOCII i believe

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth has two linemen, goping D 1,,,Nate Codogan"PENN STATE"..John Prior "Florida State", they must be doing something right :122249 .

Myers is only a sophmore, but should stand out, he does have a strong arm, one of our better Baeball Picthers also.

his time to shine will come soon enough.

Portsmout also has a coule of wide recievers getting some looks in Forrest Johnson, and Malike White,,,both,,,very fast.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I SAW A LOT OF THEM WEARING ORANGE TONIGHT.

Have to agree YTB lots of talent in all positions, Primary and secondary,

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I SAW A LOT OF THEM WEARING ORANGE TONIGHT.

Ah, I see you were at the Wheelerburg scrimmage too.

:122245 :122245

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Probably he was at the WEST scrimmage!!!!!!!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Jesse Slone of Oak Hill over any of these QB's on any night

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

# 6 Derek Roback - Waverly H.S. Quarterback

http://www.jjhuddle.com/news/articles/2 ... ting-radar

Article on buckeyeplanet.com

STRAIGHT 6
with Derek Roback

The Ohio Class of 2010 is loaded with athletes who are already well known throughout the internet recruiting circles. The BPRT already brought you one example with Zac Rosenbauer and now we are back with another stellar 2010 prospect. Derek Roback first let the nation know about his athletic gifts when he was a finalist in the National Punt, Pass, & Kick competition. Last year, as a Sophomore at Waverly High School, Derek reminded everyone of that athleticism by snagging 47 catches for 833 yds and 11 touchdowns while also compiling 36 tackles and 4 interceptions (1 returned for a TD). In all, Derek registered 1,029 All-Purpose yards as Waverly completed a 10-2 season. This year, he looks to take over under center...and that has him fired up at the opportunity. Luckily for us, Derek slowed down just long enough to take his turn with The Straight Six.

BPRT: When you think of Ohio State football, what comes to mind?

DR: When I think of Ohio State football, I think of great tradition and prestige. Ohio State has one of the greatest football traditions in the country. It is somewhere I would love to play football.

BPRT: What position would you prefer to play in college and why?

DR: If I had to pick a position to play in college, I would pick QB. I like the ability to change the game on every single offensive snap. The ball is always in my hands to be a playmaker...a game changer. I also thrive on the pressure. Knowing that making the one play or not could be the difference in a whole season.

BPRT: You are halfway through your high school career...what goals have you set personally and for your team?

DR: This year the goal I have set for my team is simple: Be better than last year. Last year, we were 10-2 and went to the State football playoffs for the 3rd time in school history. Our goal for this year is to be better than that.

One goal I have set for myself is to be 1st team All-State. I want to do this without being selfish, trying to rack up stats, and hurting the team. Team is first.

BPRT: When your career is over, how would you like people to remember Derek Roback?

DR: I want people to remember Derek Roback as one of the greatest and hardest working football players to come through our school and area. More importantly I want to be known as a great person who put his teammates, family, and friends ahead of himself. I want to be known as a great football player who was also a great person off the field.

BPRT: If you were analyzing yourself on film, what would you list as your strengths and what needs some work?

DR: I believe my most important strength on the field is my ability to think on the run. My speed and my size are my other two great assets.

One of my main weaknesses is my toughness. I need to become tougher. Not so much physically, but mentally. I need to learn to forget the last play and get on with the next one. Another thing I need to work on is my mechanics at quarterback. I am still what you may call ?raw?. Just little things that need perfected to make me a better football player.

BPRT: What are some of your favorite things to do away from football?

DR: Some of my favorite things to do away from football are hanging out with my friends and just being a teenage kid.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I hope everyone around him can live up to this hype. He is an athelete and will do good but if that front line doesnt hack it against good defenses, he will find himself looking down the wrong side of a barrel (defense) ala walls vs burg last year. jmo

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Hey bigdowg, do they get dirty during the game? Burg vs ptown when the big cadogan played, he was the cleanest on the field! LOL, cant wait to see these two play!

Return to “Football”