2008 chicken_coop's top 10 Week 1

coop
SEOPS

2008 chicken_coop's top 10 Week 1

Post by coop »

Alright ladies and gets, we're back in year three of the best darn top 10 anywhere, and as always if you dont like it, dont read it! So, without further delay:

#10 Waverly Tigers (0-0) (DNP) The Tigers lost a good bit from the great team they had last season, but still seem to have a good mix of talent. They have a stud RB who is opening eyes, and we'll see if he can pull them through. Boy, they open up with a tough opponent, so is it time to make an early statement?

This Week: Waverly @ Piketon: Big rivalry here, eventhough the Streaks are 2-19 vs. Waverly all time. Can the Tigers make it 2-20?
Result: Waverly 27 Piketon 28

#9 Oak Hill Oaks (0-0) (DNP) The Oaks look like the overwhelming favorite to dominate the SOC 1 this season, and they are thinking playoffs out there. I think the Oaks do both this year!

This Week: Oak Hill vs. Chesapeake: When is the last time you've heard that Oak Hill would be a favorite over the Peake?
Result: Oak Hill 28 Peake 7

#8 Minford Falcons (0-0) (DNP) Well, as usual there is a lot of hype out in Muletown about the upcoming season. The Falcons have the talent they want, the coach they want, so it should make for a good season right? We'll wait and see. I think the Falcons will be right in the SOC 2 mix.

This Week: Minford vs. River Valley: And this one is not going to be close.
Result: Minford 40 River Valley 13

#7 Portsmouth West Siders (0-0) (DNP) Well, it looks like West is primed for an SOC 2 run along with Burg, Minford, and Waverly. So, is this the year we have a 4 way tie at the top again? I'm going to say no. I think that one of these three will emerge and take the SOC 2 crown. West has a nice group returning from (by west standards) the dissapointing season a year ago. West has been very inpressive in the scrimmages.

This Week: West vs. Fairland: This one will be close for about 5 minutes...West will walk away in the end.
Result: West 35 Fairland 6

#6 Chillicothe Cavaliers (0-0) (DNP) The Cavs are coming off a dissapointing 4-6 season last year, but wow did they play some stiff competition. The Cavs have 15+ starters returning and a stud QB in Knight, will that be enough to produce a winning season? They can make a big statement in week 1.

This Week: Chillicothe @ Brookhaven: The Cavs are hoping that Brookhaven overlooks them just like 2 years ago, but I just dont see that happening. This is going to be a GREAT game.
Result: Chillicothe 10 Brookhaven 13

#5 Piketon Redstreaks (0-0) (DNP) The Redstreaks are primed for one of their best teams in a few years, and they looked very solid in the scrimmage games. Grumblings out of Redstreak camp tell me they want to do more than have a good season, they want the SVC. Well, they will have to talk to the Mustangs about that. In any other year, this talent would probably take the SVC, this year it wont happen.

This Week: Piketon vs. Waverly: Piketon wants to make that 2-19 mark look a little better and pick up a W against Waverly. This is a game that should take place EVERY year!
Result: Piketon 28 Waverly 27

#4 Wheelersburg Pirates (0-0) (DNP) The defending SOC2 Champions look to re-claim what is theirs once again, and goal they set every year. There are a few ?? surrounding this team, but do not let that fool you. Also, dont let the week 1 loss to Ironton fool you either.

This Week: Wheelersburg vs. Ironton: Thats all I need to say.
Result: Wheelersburg 7 Ironton 10

#3 Ironton Tigers (0-0) (DNP) My Tiger sources tell me that this is the year the Tigers are going to make serious noise, so I'm going to trust them. Will it be the best team they have had in awhile? That remains to be seen, but a week 1 win vs. Burg will certainly help momentum in getting the train rolling. Oh yea, they have Bob Lutz.

This Week: Ironton vs. Wheelersburg: Nothing else needed.
Result: Ironton 10 Wheelersburg 7

#2 Logan Chieftains (0-0) (DNP) The Chieftains look to be SOLID again, and are the early favorite in the SEOAL race. It's going to be an interesting season for these guys, and if they can some how beat Lancaster in week 1, then look out.

This Week: Logan vs. Lancaster: Logan looks to try and get past the team that has gave them tons of trouble over the years, and yea it continues.
Result: Logan 24 Lancaster 34

#1 Westfall Mustangs (0-0) (DNP) Look out D-IV! I say that because I have already awarded them the SVC title and a 10-0 season. This team has great talent returning from the squad that made some real noise in the playoffs last year, and I think that this team is a STATE title contender.

This week: Westfall vs. Teas Valley: Just a bump in the road on the way to the playoffs!!!
Result: Westfall 35 Teas Valley 17

Outside looking in: Nelsonville York, Jackson, Portsmouth, South Point, Sciotoville East

There you have it! Agree, disagree, but most of all ENJOY!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!!!
Last edited by coop on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: 2008 chicken_coop's top 10 Week 1

Post by Tartanblue »

Coop no love for the Tartans after all they return from last season? All in all though it looks pretty good with a few suprises in there but time will tell as the season goes.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I meant to have them in the teams to watch section! I added them.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I was just messing with you, honestly the first two weeks of the season will decide how the year will go for the Tartans but I honestly believe this will be another great year them and another playoff birth. With the game to see will be against Oak Hill in Sciotoville for what most believe will be for the SOC I title.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Looks pretty good to my eyes.

I think Piketon is a little high and Waverly a little low, but I'm sure that time will tell when all is said and done.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

^^ That could be the case no doubt! But the only thing standing between Waverly and moving up on friday night?? Piketon. Great chance for the Tigers here. :mrgreen:

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

No love for the Trojans? We didn't lose any more than some others on there. (hey, someone's gotta complain first). :lol:

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Always fun reading the CC Top Ten!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Ok your here it first and only time. Portsmouth West will win region 19 and be in the state final 4 .If they play as a team (i think they will).I wil not post this anywhere else. They will sweep the SOC .I am from The BURG

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Coop this is BS! How can you have a top 10 without the Indians?! I can't believe that you are such a sell-out! Unbelievable!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

crab_apple4; they are on the "sleeper" teams list... :lol:

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

looks pretty good to start things out... as with every season theres gonna be some mixing around..

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LOOK COOL THE TIGERS WILL MAKE YOU BELIEVE, EVEN MORE AFTER FRIDAY'S PASTING OF THE BURG. I PREDICT LARGEST MARGIN IN LAST 5 YEARS. AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THOSE SCORES WERE.

MAY I MAKE A SUGGESTION FOR NEXT YEAR. I THINK IT WOULDEVEN BE BETTER FOR YOU, COOP. I WAS THINKING , AND I KNOW THIS WOULD BE MORE WORK. BUT MAYBE NEXT YEAR. OR EVEN THIS YEAR. I THINK IT WOULD BE FAIRER. TO HAVE A SMALLER SCHOOL RANKING FOR LIKE GREEN, EAST, SYMMES VALLEY, ETC.

AND THEN MAYBE IRONTON'S SIZE AND UP. BECAUSE IN ALL SERIOUSNESS. THE TEAMS I'VE JUST MENTIONED MAY NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO SACORE A TD, ON AN IRONTON, PORTSMOUTH OR BURG.

TO BACK THAT UP. THE LAST 2 TIMES COAL GROVE THOUGHT THEY WERE LOADED, THEY SCHEDULED IRONTON , AND LOST THE 2 COMBINED GAME 100-0. AND COAL GROVE IS MY PICK TO WIN THE OVC OUTRIGHT. TOO MANY HORSE THIS YEAR. BUT COULD GREEN EVEN WIN AN OVC GAME. SEE WHAT I MEAN, NO DISRESPECT MEANT TO ANYBODY MENTIONED. :122245

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

Looks pretty good coop!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

:aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26

Now there is one addition you should make there Coop. how about each week you have a Baby coop team odf the week :122245 :122245

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

good stuff coop. i agree. if we could find away to get around the gales...... look out!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

nice job coop,,,it is early , and you have to earn youre way onto the list, what is nice, is I was looking at that top ten, and Portsmouth beat 4 out of ten last year, so we should be back. 8)

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

D-5 wrote:Ok your here it first and only time. Portsmouth West will win region 19 and be in the state final 4 .If they play as a team (i think they will).I wil not post this anywhere else. They will sweep the SOC .I am from The BURG

ROFL :122246 OMG :122246 I haven't laughed that hard since the last time I was at the funny bone. You guys should worry bout finishing in the top 2 of the SOC first.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

D-5 wrote:Ok your here it first and only time. Portsmouth West will win region 19 and be in the state final 4 .If they play as a team (i think they will).I wil not post this anywhere else. They will sweep the SOC .I am from The BURG

I didn't know they had internet at the NUTHOUSE good for you!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

mstangmom wrote::aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26

Now there is one addition you should make there Coop. how about each week you have a Baby coop team odf the week :122245 :122245

Actually I meant to have a GAME OF THE WEEK, but since there were 3 of them (Burg/Ironton, Logan/Lancaster, Waverly/Piketon) I decided to wait until next week. I will name it Baby Coop's game of the week! :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”