S

Re: WK 1 Caldwell @ Federal Hocking

Post by dilligaf »

Goodluck to federal hocking

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Hopefully Fed can take care of Buisness friday night ..

Fed 21
Caldwell 12

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

caldwell by a bunch.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell 45
FED HOCK 7

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Will Federal Hocking have any coaches for this game? I guess we'll find out after tonights board meeting.

Goldengonzo
Waterboy

Post by Goldengonzo »

Who are some of the top players for each team? Caldwell returns quite a bit on offense, correct? I know their quarterback Travis Mettler is pretty good. Did they return their running back?

And what's the word with Federal Hocking and the whole coaching situation? I understand there's a board meeting tonight, but is there any truth to the rumor that the kids won't play if they don't get their coach? Anyone with some info on that situation, I'd love to hear what's going on.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Rumor has it and that's all it is a rumor unless someone knows otherwise that the Superintendent Jimbo as they
call him fired an assistant coach who use to be the head coach at Federal Hocking. Again just rumor unless someone knows for sure.

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

I feel Fed Hock is in for a rough season, no info, just gut.

BushLeague
Waterboy

Post by BushLeague »

The Lancers avoided a death-blow to the start of their 2008 season Tuesday night when the school board voted 5-0 to reinstate recently fired assistant football coach Bob Springer.
The board voted 5-0 to reinstate Springer after a closed-door executive session.
Notable: Springer apologized for the way he brought up suggestions to Supt. Patsey regarding the care and cleaning of Federal Hocking fields and locker rooms.
Patsey, who summarily fired Springer last week, did not apologize when asked to do so by the school board.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Congrats to Coach Springer and I'm glad cooler heads prevailed. Thanks to everyone that worked behind the scenes to prevent this situation from becoming more serious. Now the distractions can be put behind and Good Luck to the Lancers on Friday.

Note: It takes a big man to say "I was wrong". Some men are bigger than others.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Amen to that!!!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

This will be the 4th straight year that these 2 teams have opened the season against each other.

Caldwell has won the 3 previous games...

2007 14-7
2006 6-0
2005 17-6

I will be rooting for the TVC Lancers but I think the Redskins will win.

Best of health to both teams.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Thanks Mr.B, it is appreciated. From what I heard tonight, healthy athletes is a big issue going into Friday's game. Hopefully, that will work itself out this week!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Good news for Federal Hocking. Now they can regroup and hopefully have a good game on Friday night.

Goldengonzo
Waterboy

Post by Goldengonzo »

Who is Fed Hock's quarterback? Any big name starters coming back?

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Just another episode of " A Day of Life At Fed Hock".... We here are all used to it and roll with the punches....
Good Luck for a safe year Lancers!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I rarely disagree with my Federal Hocking counterparts, but in this case, I have to respectfully disagree. I am not a fan of either characters involved in this verbal battle/firing.

My thoughts on one of the characters have been expressed in the BB forum. In regards to the other character in question, it takes a total fool to speak to your "boss/superior" that way unless you plan on being fired. It reminds me of a "Costanza" move where he verbally lashes his boss, and then decides to just show up at work the next day. If one wants to ridicule his or her superior in such way, that is fine. However, there should be no surprise when the job is gone. Way to show the kids some type of accountibility and person responsibility. Tell the kids that your actions deserved the response given, and step away. I'm sure the kids got a great lesson from this situation. "You can do whatever you want, but if you are well-liked by others, you can get away with it."

Finally, as has been said by other area high school head coaches, FH's 2005 team was the most talented team, but the 2006 team got the results. The train rolled right along without him.

Outside of the idiotic ripping of his superior, I have zero desire to see the coach gone. However, as long as the players would play without him, not much would be missed. Without this incident, I wouldn't care either way. He was a good move at the time (2005) because he brought enthusiasm and got the great talent to play, while also exaggerating his qualifications to the media. It was great timing for that kind of enthusiasm, because the talent was already walking the hallways of the school. However, much of the hype was built by boasts and incorrect info.

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

When asked to talk "Man to Man" you have to have the stones to take it like a "man". No one will EVER like everything they hear...
I know of at least two young men that would NEVER have gone to college without his help...

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Well put Orestes. This didn't show the kids anything. People wonder how come kids have no respect for adults or
anything else now days. Well we seem to show them how it's done. I really don't know either guy at all but as you said when in real life you talk to your boss like that you should expect to be fired, period and would be if it was any employer other than a school district were people seemed to pick sides more than doing the right thing. As I mentioned before this won't be over the storm may just be starting. The board would have been better off holding up the firing.

Return to “Football”