WK 2 (1-0) Portsmouth @ (1-0) Portsmouth West

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Re: Portsmouth at Portsmouth West

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Lets go WEST....You all better have a good week of practice..THE GAME OF THE WEEK!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

GO TROJANS!

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Strange. I remember a time when this thread would be at page 3 by now.

This game will go a long way in determining the rest of the season for both squads. It should give fans of both teams an idea of where their each team stands.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I have to say Portsmouth by no more than 14

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Should be a heck of a game but I look for West to take this one by 1 or 2 td's.

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

This should be one of the games of the year I see West winning it by a touchdown in the last minutes.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

heard west QB , Morgan has a broken collar bone?

word at the peew ee games is ,
'we dont need him this week anyway" :122246

this is one of them games, that no matter who is favored,,,you best come watch it in person 8)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

he doesn't have a broken collarbone. which is good. He is going to get it looked at. We will see, he may be out a few days or a few weeks. still up in the air.

with morgan, I'd say were the favorite. Without, probably the underdog. It's no big secret what we'll do and what Portsmouth will do. Were going to give them a big dose of Murphy, Swords, and Pendelton and try to wear them down. Portsmouth is gonna spread it and try to get White and Johnson 1 on 1 with our corners. But we do have good one's. We'll see how it goes.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

thankls for the report, just going by what a west parent told me at the pee wee games today at NOTRE DAME.

hope the young man is OK, them broken collar bones HURT :122246 .

I would bet Chaze Southern, will get some runs, he has Motive to run hard against us 8)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I bet Chaze starts to play more on both sides of the ball. He's just getting into shape.

GAHSfan06
Waterboy

Post by GAHSfan06 »

portsmouth will put points on them thru the air.

Portsmouth98
All State

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Portsmouth @ (1-0) Portsmouth West

Post by Portsmouth98 »

I don't think West can cover our receivers very well. They may be able to put alot of pressure on Myers and limit the time the db's need to cover though. On the other hand we didn't stop South Point's power running game well in the 2nd half last week so maybe it will end up a 35-32 game like it was in 2005.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

What kind of receivers does Portsmouth have, what grade?

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Malike White- SR He has good hands , good speed and is getting looked at by UC and some MAC teams.
Forrest Johnson-JR Received for about 500 yards as both a frosh, and soph the last two years.
Storm Bratchett-SR Good athlete, has played alot on defense the last two years

We had some other players getting time at WR also, SR Nick Nelson, SO John Royster and I'm sure a few others.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

portsmouth_98 wrote:I don't think West can cover our receivers very well. They may be able to put alot of pressure on Myers and limit the time the db's need to cover though. On the other hand we didn't stop South Point's power running game well in the 2nd half last week so maybe it will end up a 35-32 game like it was in 2005.

I saw the Portsmouth Valley scrimmage and I didn't think Portsmouth's defense was very good. That was without Prior though on the D-line. And it was a scrimmage and I'm sure Clifford was sandbagging on both sides. He is a sly fox for sure. People whom I know that saw the Portsmouth-South Point game think we can run for big yardage against them IF we can keep them honest. If they go putting 10 in the box against us, we better be able to get the ball outside and down the field or were done.

No doubt Portsmouth will move the ball. They have a really good system and great athletes. It will be a barnburner I'm sure.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Yeah, our front 8 i8s a bit shaky at times, our secondary is pretty solid , and we have some bright spots up front, but overall I'd give our defense a c or c+ at this point.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hammerdown wrote:
West_Sider wrote:Strange. I remember a time when this thread would be at page 3 by now.

This game will go a long way in determining the rest of the season for both squads. It should give fans of both teams an idea of where their each team stands.

i would get it fired up but i am afraid of Ozzie and biggdowgg.

dont be afraid, let it go man.

I aggree with west 89, west will control,and it will be a boring game, we will lose by 3 or 4 tds like he says.

Im thinking about just staying home, and maybe get the score staurday on snufys saturday morning sports show.

Return to “Football”