I miss the Guru

Logangrad
All State

Re: I miss the Guru

Post by Logangrad »

How did things go this week? With the weather our show was limited as well here in Central Ohio.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Logan grad wrote:Jottings, there isnt a show on WLGN or Middleport any more. Guru went back to politics, WLGN or 98.3 the Bull in LOGAN is covering Fisher Catholic games in LANCASTER!! Oh well.

LANCASTER :122246 :122246 what's up with that?????

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

The show was better this week. We had scores which helped out a lot. Mike Elliott was on the disabled list week 1 so he wasn't able to get scores for us. I was hoping to get some Chieftan business but with their weather delay I heard their game wasn't completed until 1 in the morning.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

It will begin to snow ball for sure, but with Logan on the road it makes it tough for the fans to call in from Central Ohio. Are you guys doing the NY-Berne Union game this week?

LoganFootball63
JV Team

Post by LoganFootball63 »

I miss the guru too he truly was the guru of high school football,, and Dazed&confused im thinkin you should get on the radio, ha ha id listin in

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganFootball63 wrote:I miss the guru too he truly was the guru of high school football,, and Dazed&confused im thinkin you should get on the radio, ha ha id listin in

Thanks, but I'm busy Friday nights following a certain somebody on the Chieftains. Maybe in a couple of years. I think it's safer sitting at a keyboard anyway. You can always edit posts! It hurts pulling your foot out of your mouth.

LoganFootball63
JV Team

Post by LoganFootball63 »

haha nope i always mean what i say

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

from a complete outsider, if most of you don't like their radio show then don't listen to it!

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Teufelhunden wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:11 pm
nybucksmom wrote: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:01 pm Yes, I worked late last night, and was driving home between 10:30 and 11:00...so, I tuned-in thinking I would get some scores...but, no...no scores. They could hardly even get anyone to call in! I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, but it was really boring and lacked information...please use this as constructive criticism, not as a put-down!

I miss the Guru...he was a hoot and he had people really supporting their teams and the sport of football! Regardless of his mispronunciations...he gave good information. You got scores and updates through-out the program, plus some fun from him, his co-announcers, and the callers!
Never fear, we're coming back to a radio station near you. No, no "Guru" but we'll be bigger and better than ever. Yes, we're gonna have scores, but most importantly and back by popular demand we gonna have a "favorite tailgate recipe" segment. Sending out tailgaters too so let me know who's all interested in covering some games. It's gonna be great I tell ya.
Yea, the Guru weren't too bright but he was hilarious to listen to. And what made it even more funny was that he wasn't trying to be funny nor did he know people were even laughing at him. When 107.7 hired his replacement that guy tried his best to be funny and never was. But he thought he was and that made it worse. That's one reason he got canned. Another reason he got canned was instead of giving people what they wanted, like a score update a few times during the show, he argued with them that they'd rather hear him talk about his playing days and his favorite recipe's. The final straw being he was dumb enough to keep referring to Nelsonville-York as "Nelsonville" and everyone knows that's the kiss of death as far as Buchtel people are concerned. So, if you are planning a return I hope you've wised up some and will give the people what they want instead of just what you and your two friends from high school want. If not you'll go down in flames again. :mrgreen:

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

NY Tomcat wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:39 am
Teufelhunden wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:11 pm
nybucksmom wrote: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:01 pm Yes, I worked late last night, and was driving home between 10:30 and 11:00...so, I tuned-in thinking I would get some scores...but, no...no scores. They could hardly even get anyone to call in! I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, but it was really boring and lacked information...please use this as constructive criticism, not as a put-down!

I miss the Guru...he was a hoot and he had people really supporting their teams and the sport of football! Regardless of his mispronunciations...he gave good information. You got scores and updates through-out the program, plus some fun from him, his co-announcers, and the callers!
Never fear, we're coming back to a radio station near you. No, no "Guru" but we'll be bigger and better than ever. Yes, we're gonna have scores, but most importantly and back by popular demand we gonna have a "favorite tailgate recipe" segment. Sending out tailgaters too so let me know who's all interested in covering some games. It's gonna be great I tell ya.
Yea, the Guru weren't too bright but he was hilarious to listen to. And what made it even more funny was that he wasn't trying to be funny nor did he know people were even laughing at him. When 107.7 hired his replacement that guy tried his best to be funny and never was. But he thought he was and that made it worse. That's one reason he got canned. Another reason he got canned was instead of giving people what they wanted, like a score update a few times during the show, he argued with them that they'd rather hear him talk about his playing days and his favorite recipe's. The final straw being he was dumb enough to keep referring to Nelsonville-York as "Nelsonville" and everyone knows that's the kiss of death as far as Buchtel people are concerned. So, if you are planning a return I hope you've wised up some and will give the people what they want instead of just what you and your two friends from high school want. If not you'll go down in flames again. :mrgreen:
Still Nelsonville to everyone else outside of Buchtle and Nelsonville area. Only ones that use York are the ones from there. Like calling Athens Chauncey Dover. Trimble being Glouster Trimble.

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast

Return to “Football”