I miss the Guru

Logangrad
All State

Re: I miss the Guru

Post by Logangrad »

Get some people from Logan to call in and we'll talk Logan. That is what its all about, the people who call in get their school talked about.

Wait, why are you waiting on them to call first? Shouldnt it be your job as a the show's host to drive whats talked about? If you talk about Logan, the fans will call in. The same with any school in the area. I think you need to be covering all the schools in the primary area and their fans will call in. Getting coaches to call in as well will help. But it sounds like you're not willing to talk about games until the fans call in from particular schools and if thats the way the postgame show is being handled I can see why no one is calling in. We had people calling in from the MVL because we were giving the scores from over there 2 years ago and we talked a little about the games.
Last edited by Logangrad on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I never called in to the Guru. I just listened to his show and he talked about all the games of interest in the area.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Dazed and confused,
The talk is mostly focused on the TVC because that is our immediate listening area and the games that I attend and know about. I do devote a little time to Logan and other schools each week. All I'm saying is it would help to get a phone call from someone who is knowledgeable about Logan football. For instance, I get calls from Waverly and Jackson each week because there are some local ties there.

Logan grad,
I think you should listen to the show before being critical. It may not be as bad as you think.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

What's the phone number? Post it on here and I challenge all Logan fans to flood the station. I do like Logan grad's idea of trying to get coaches to callin. Let me take that further. I think someone should have a Saturday morning call-in show. Call it Saturday Morning Quarterback or something. You'll get a lot of people calling into that thing! Guarantee a huge audience; sell that to your sponsors!

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Dazed,
numbers 753 2154, 753 3154, 753 4154
I know last year that Logan had their own post game show and that is another reason we didn't focus as much on them. Am I to assume that their post game show is no longer happening?
Also, the coaches usually do call in. Coach Boston, Faires, Green and Arno have been good about that in the past.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I am not being critical of the show at all, only what I am reading. I was simply asking a question as to how it was being done. Thats all. Just because you can make colorful comments during the weekly football picks doesnt mean you can run a call in show I guess. All I am saying is based on what you wrote, was if thats the way you're running the show, no one is going to call in. Give them something to call in about. Thats all. Guru may have been comical and off the beaten path but he had charisma and his trivia, laid back-ness and ability to get ALL the coaches to call in is what made our jobs easier on Friday nights. It was fun and people wanted to be a part of it.

Logan didnt have a call in show dedicated to just them last year at all. That show was broadcasted on The Frog as well at the same time for people along the river to be able to call in as well as the one that was being heard in the Logan-Athens County area up to Lancaster.

They tried to do a saturday morning show 2 years ago, sponsors wouldnt buy it and we never could get it off the ground. I think its a solid idea but with View Point and Sell A Thon they could never find room for it unless it was 6 am on a Saturday. We used to do a 15 min recap on WLGN for scores on Saturday's back in the day but that fell by the way side a long time ago as well when WLGN became "The Bull". Good Luck, its a great concept for that area and someone could make a great show of it if they take it and run with it.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

teufelhunden wrote:Dazed,
numbers 753 2154, 753 3154, 753 4154
I know last year that Logan had their own post game show and that is another reason we didn't focus as much on them. Am I to assume that their post game show is no longer happening?
Also, the coaches usually do call in. Coach Boston, Faires, Green and Arno have been good about that in the past.

OK Logan. Light it up.

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

The drive home just won't be the same this year.never could pick up the show from home.Guru will be missed this year.Back next year ?

walker
Waterboy

Post by walker »

We miss the Guru, too!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

someone make sure the GURU knows this :122245 if I see him I will pass it along if someone else doesn't but I am sure he is on the campaign trail

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm hoping for some intriguing post-game chatter. Don't care where it comes from. Call in and discuss the game Friday night. Show your Logan spirit!

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

my jaw dropped when i saw this topic. nothing against Jim Pancake or anything. but the best theng that ever happened to 107.7 was getting rid of the "Guru". if u actually listened to him on a consistant basis you would know that it doesnt take a guru to say some of the things he was saying. and because i dont like to say this without some sort of evidence. he was once asked on his show who he thought would win a certain game next week. and after about 5 seconds of hesitation he said that it should be the team who can score on offense. i laughed at this cause i realized that this comment was common sense. yea they say that the best offense is a good deffense. but come on.

the only thing funnier than this is the fact that they actually made "Guru Water". and im almost embarrassed to say that i made so many jokes about this that i actually recieved about 5 bottles of it for christmas as a joke.

sorry if i offended anyone.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

ATownWarrior, I hear they need your help painting SOCCER lines this week, if you do a good job maybe the will give you some GURU water as a reward.

I too miss the GURU on 107.7 the show up river just wasn't as good.

GO BUCKS wipe out the brown streaks of pike-town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

After the logan game everyone from logan call into 107.7 and dominant that show. Show the bull that the local fans cares about our team. It is very sad that a station that has a history of carrying Logan High School sports now prefers Lancaster Fisher over the home town team!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I wanted to make a couple of things clear. I started this string and it was basically a comment on the lack of a good post game show that Logan/SEOAL fans could relate to. It is not a comment on whether some other radio station is or is not doing an entertaining show. I think The Bull is just a bunch of bull! Everyone has an opinion and here's mine; every business in and around Logan should pull their advertising dollars from a station that is clearly not community oriented anymore. That would send a louder signal to those at that station more than anything. Now, back to the topic- this isn't a referendum on The Guru whether you liked him or not. Personally, he was a little cornball for my tastes. Having said that, he delivered scores from all the area games and by that , I mean teams I would never have followed but kind of became attached to by listening. I also like to hear MVL scores. But mostly, I want to hear about Logan (I'm biased) and what is even happening around the state with other teams they may be competing against for a playoff spot. Shame on WLGN for dropping their local allegience but how about the new station adding a post-game call-in show. I don't need all the trivia or give-aways. I just want scores and discussions. If 107.7 can do that, great! I'll listen. I'll try to call but if they want to impact the market here, give some scores. Ask for input. I'm sure they'll get their money's worth.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I agree, as to missing the Guru i think he burned to many brain cell back in to 60's. But he was good for a laugh and to keep me awake on a Friday night.

walker
Waterboy

Post by walker »

I read somewhere that The Bull was taking their bull and moving to Lancaster where they belong.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Our group missed the shows from Logan and Middleport on the way home from Athens Friday, but we were able to get some info on the Chillicothe station, I think 93.4 FM.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Jottings, there isnt a show on WLGN or Middleport any more. Guru went back to politics, WLGN or 98.3 the Bull in LOGAN is covering Fisher Catholic games in LANCASTER!! Oh well.

chiefswrestler09
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefswrestler09 »

i think we should stick with 107.7 logan faithful if they are willing to accept calls and talk about scores and the game then why not be the other end and dial those digits
Dazed- I agree with you 120%

Return to “Football”