I miss the Guru

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

I miss the Guru

Post by dazed&confused »

I never thought I would say this but bring back the Guru. Postgame radio SUCKED last night!

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Re: I miss the Guru

Post by wowhesfast »

Gurus too busy running for public office. It's quite a scrap over there in the Athens county commissioners race.
Last edited by wowhesfast on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

miss him too

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Yeah, noone gave complete scores, and I jumped around all of the way home (on the radio dial-lol) to get them. Still didn't have them all then. Maybe there could be a New-Ru!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Yeah, we tried to find it after the SHS/SV game. I missed hearing it.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

i miss the guru too but i declare we try to bring back the guru who 2nd it :122245

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

yes the guru brought life to Southeastern Ohio sports!! I don't even turn on the games or after the ball games anymore....
but does he still do the show in wlgn on Friday nights? I know he did last year but in my house I rarely get that station...

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Would like to thank all of you for the vote of confidence.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Give me some clarification here. Are you guys talking about the postgame show out of Logan or the show on 107.7 WSEO?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

I think the show we had with Guru, me and Tim two seasons ago was awesome. The pizza wars, the callers, the "dinasir trivia", "Cadd-well" (Caldwell), "Bee'sville" (Bealsville) "St Inniggirous" (St Ignatius), the guys in the gargage, the Shingle Inn listeners, the callers you could not understand at 1 am. I loved and really enjoyed that season for sure! We stayed on the air some Fridays until 2am! I hope Guru is well, I had heard he was ill for a while. But we all three had a great chemistry and it made for long, fun Friday nights!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Logan grad wrote:I think the show we had with Guru, me and Tim two seasons ago was awesome. The pizza wars, the callers, the "dinasir trivia", "Cadd-well" (Caldwell), "Bee'sville" (Bealsville) "St Inniggirous" (St Ignatius), the guys in the gargage, the Shingle Inn listeners, the callers you could not understand at 1 am. I loved and really enjoyed that season for sure! We stayed on the air some Fridays until 2am! I hope Guru is well, I had heard he was ill for a while. But we all three had a great chemistry and it made for long, fun Friday nights!

it was fun back then!! We have GURU shirts and GURU water bottles and the Pit Stop water! Yes I still have one in the back of the fridge! Hey you never know it may go high on e-bay some day! :lol: Logan Grad sure do miss you also!!! The GURU looked pretty good on tv last week during the parade! minus his beard though!! :122246
to clarify for the one poster I no longer listen since the GURU left WSEO its not the same...

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

IS he the sultan of smack or the host of love conection?

sorry sultan its totaly boring :( :( :(

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Maybe I could get you a date since you couldn't even get one on e harmony.

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

Yes, I worked late last night, and was driving home between 10:30 and 11:00...so, I tuned-in thinking I would get some scores...but, no...no scores. They could hardly even get anyone to call in! I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, but it was really boring and lacked information...please use this as constructive criticism, not as a put-down!

I miss the Guru...he was a hoot and he had people really supporting their teams and the sport of football! Regardless of his mispronunciations...he gave good information. You got scores and updates through-out the program, plus some fun from him, his co-announcers, and the callers!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

teufelhunden wrote:Maybe I could get you a date since you couldn't even get one on e harmony.

I had a date last night while you was doing your show. i had to cut it short she said her hubby was on his way home from nelsonville after his sports show :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

One of the funniest and most entertaining post-game football shows of all time ... 2002, 2003 when Gregory played for Athens and they were actually good and Nelsonville had Edwards and Trimble with the Jenkins boys and Fouts ... That stretch of football in southeastern Ohio was unbelivable, not just in Athens county with fed Hock even playing good along with the bucks, Cats and Dogs, but the SEOAL schools were all great ... That is what made the scores, the info so interesting & important, which in turn lured callers that made an already heavy listened to show that much better. In the center of all that hoop-ala was 'The Guru' who absolutly put the cherry on top!

If their was ever a dysfunctional sports radio show that could lift the spirits of a fan driving home from a hard-faught loss, it was 'Extra-point, with host Jim Pancake' ... The humor, whether it was meant or not, coming out of that show via the 'guru', the fans calling in, sometimes bickering back & forth amongst callers, etc...etc...was priceless!

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

DILLIGAF,
I should warn you that if you touch my dog or my cadillac I will be very angry.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

teufelhunden wrote:DILLIGAF,
I should warn you that if you touch my dog or my cadillac I will be very angry.

I have to say that I miss your show. 107.7 needs online radio.

Just get people from the bars to call, act like a total buffoon, and everyone else here will be happy too.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Nothing against them but I tuned in to 107.7 while waiting (a half-hour) to get out of the Logan parking lot and it was all TVC. Understandable considering where the show comes from but we need a little more SEOAL and particularly, Logan coverage up here. I heard good things about the game coverage on Logan's radio station but you can't sign off 5 minutes after the game. That's when the fun is just beginning.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Get some people from Logan to call in and we'll talk Logan. That is what its all about, the people who call in get their school talked about.

Return to “Football”