PDT Coverage

oldcoachb
JV Team

PDT Coverage

Post by oldcoachb »

:lol: What was once bad is now even worse. The coverage on High School Football was a joke.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Re: PDT Coverage

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

This newspaper is a joke. A new sports editor that states they are going to cover "all" the county teams. I am sure the people at Minford and West Portsmouth and Lucasville, and all others who were not covered would take issue with this.
I am certain that there are as many writers and workers at that rag as has been always - and yet every game used to be reported the "next" day.
Who cares that they can cut and paste an AP article about the Bengals, Browns, and Buckeyes and their preseasons. I want to know about all the local boys and their regular season games right here in Scioto County.
The articles that were written were poor in quality and quantity. Hopefully, for the sake of its subsribers - they can improve, but I seriously doubt it. Too bad there is not some "daily" competition, because this paper would go out of business.

Syntax
Riding the Bench

Post by Syntax »

Did you guys see the Preview? Abyssmal and juvenile. We should ban together and create our own sports newspaper for the area. It can't be any worse then their coverage and ability. And before you say "I don't know how to do that sort of thing" don't worry; neither do they. We will compete well.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

The Portsmouth Times sucks and they are an absolute joke. They should be flooded with calls and complaints about the lack of coverage. Give them a call (740) 353-3101.

It's bad when you get better reports on SEOP and other sites than you do from a "supposed" professional newspaper that is "going to cover all the area teams". If they cannot do a better job than that, then close up shop and don't cover anything.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

I agree syntax, couldn't have said it better.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

No preview section for the weekly games like they did last year.

Tennis, golf, soccer, and cross country results 3-5 days late when it is old news.

No list of all scores reported throughout Ohio and KY.

I also seen on several occasions where the SAME standings in Major League Baseball was ran for 3 days in a row.

The so-called scoreboard showed the same info several days in a row.

The apology letter said they are working hard--------more like hardly working.

Siders_B-Ball23
Waterboy

Post by Siders_B-Ball23 »

The paper was a BIG JOKE it wasn't even worth buying maybe next week it might have some of the scores in it.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

PDT sports staff:

Larry, Moe, and Curly

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I too was shocked at the lack of reporting on the Scioto county teams, but they did an in depth article on the Piketon/Waverly game. That is ridiculous. Even the articles on Portsmouth and Wheelersburg were horrible and very poorly written.

This paper has slowly went down hill the past few years but the lack of high school football on Saturday morning is the straw that broke the camels back. Maybe if a lot of us called in and cancelled our subscriptions en masse they would realize how bad they have become and maybe work to straighten it out.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Was I right in noticing there was no game previews friday? I realize the little "Game Day" insert they've run the last few years might be expensive, but I didn't see anything at all.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

PDT = Newspaper for and made by Dummies

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

PDT = Newspaper for and made by Dummies

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

I called and gave them my 2cents worth.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Everyone should take a moment and call the PDT and explain to them how piss poor this sports section is!!

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

PDT=Real Men Of Genius!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

[quote="ignert1"]I sat next to one of their reporters last year at a soccer game. He never got up from his chair. In a game where one boy scored 5 goals, all on headers off of corner kicks, his only photo was of a boy running down the field. He told me he was going to run this boys picture because of his bright yellow shoes. The photo was in black and white. GENIUS![/quote]

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I stopped getting the PDT along time ago, when we were paying for it they paper never showed up. Even when we called and told them about they said one would be on its way and it still never showed after about a week of it we called and told them to stop our order.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tartanblue wrote:I stopped getting the PDT along time ago, when we were paying for it they paper never showed up. Even when we called and told them about they said one would be on its way and it still never showed after about a week of it we called and told them to stop our order.

sounds like you never had an order to stop.

:aaaaa12

Return to “Football”