WK 2 (1-0) Jackson @ (1-0) Waverly

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

WK 2 (1-0) Jackson @ (1-0) Waverly

Post by 72Xcurl »

Lets hear your thoughts. This is always such a good game, rarely does one team run away with a victory in the series. Waverly is coming of a HUGE come from behind victory over Piketon. Jackson is set to face Wellston tonight. Should be a dandy...

GO TIGERS

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Re: WK 2 Jackson @ Waverly

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

I'll take Jackson 58-57. :lol:

Army
S

Re: WK 2 Jackson @ Waverly

Post by Army »

Waverly :!: :-D

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Jackson @ (1-0) Waverly

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

waverlys passing attack alone is enough to beat jackson. im sorry im not saying that as a jackson hater but wellstons sophmore qb had a decent night inagin what roback will do..

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

Waverly cannot handle Jackson's ground attack. If Jackson can control the ball and keep it from Waverly and burn the clock they'll win.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

wellstonrockets wrote:waverlys passing attack alone is enough to beat jackson. im sorry im not saying that as a jackson hater but wellstons sophmore qb had a decent night inagin what roback will do..

Wilkett is a junior. I didn't think Jackson's pass defense was too bad other than a couple plays, and that was mostly due to missed tackles.

Roback will certainly provide a challenge though. He's obviously a very talented athlete who can really throw the ball as well.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

This is usually a good game,GOOD LUCK & GOOD HEALTH to both teams.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

I am picking waverly 28-21 and roback is a great athlete but they need to get the running game going with malone rowland and murray

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Just have to tackle a little better, cut back on penalties, and touch up on kick off returns. Lockard from Wellston did a nice job. I am sure the coaches will watch the film and the corrections will be made. Should be a fun game to watch.

sleeper
Waterboy

Post by sleeper »

Jackson in a squeaker

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Waverly cant keep throwing the ball 48 times a game and expect to win. Jackson will watch film and come up with a game plan to stop the pass. They need to get malone more than six or seven carries a game and keep defenses honest

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson-Waverly is almost always a great football game. There have been exceptions, last year being one of those, but you can almost always count on a battle when these two teams get together.

Jackson has some things to work on after the Wellston game, but I'm sure those things will certainly be addressed. The thing that worried me the most was kick coverage. Lockard had a lot of success returning kicks against the Ironmen, and while he is a very good athlete, it seemed as though our coverage team was very hesistant. Waverly will definitely burn the Ironmen if they don't do a good job of covering kicks. The next thing that worries me is Derek Roback, of course. I'm sure that Waverly has a lot of very good football players, but Roback is obviously the key for the Tigers. It's probably impossible to stop him altogether because he can hurt you through the air and on the ground, but Jackson has to at least contain him to have any chance in this football game.

I'm sure that the Ironmen will look to grind things out and eat up the clock offensively. The best way to stop Roback would be to keep the Waverly offense of the field. If Jackson can control the clock and limit Waverly's offensive opportunities, they could put themselves in position to win. If they don't, then it could be another Roback highlight reel like last Friday night. I'm confident that the Ironmen can put together and execute a good gameplan, but stopping Roback and beating Waverly is much easier said than done, especially on their home field.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Roback cant do anything if the line dosent block for him. He looked good at times last week and he also looked bad last week against Piketon. Jackson's defense is much better than piketons. Waverly needs to use the players they have and not try and make roback the star of the game.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Jackson needs to get the ball to more of their playmakers than they did against Wellston. Huff is a great back, but when 11 defensive players are keying on him, it should open things for Jackson's other backs and receivers.

Maybe they were just trying to keep things simple and not show much in anticipation of this week. But I think Lindamood and Trace need to get more touches.

Good Luck and Go SEOAL!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

seops123,
Waverly did what worked last week to the tune of 54 points. If Malone only rushed the ball 6 times that's okay. No-one is trying to make Roback the star of any game.

"He looked good at times last week and he also looked bad last week against Piketon."
Are you serious, it was his first start at QB against a very good Piketon team.

Waverly will be fine as they continue to run the plays that will lead to the success of the TEAM.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Jackson........

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Yes I agree that the success of the team is more important all i was saying was that someone will put more people back in coverage and you need to run the ball to keep them honest

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

Should be a great game. 02 Jackson is pretty volnurable to the pass, lets be honest, Meigs, Wheelersburg and Wellston all got almost all of there big plays from passes. The Lindamood boy seems to do a pretty good job but overall there pass D isn't too good. But that said Waverly is volnurable to the run and thats not good when you face a running team like Jackson with a great rb like Huff.
Locos you are right, they need to use other weapons, thats all teams are going to do all year and they need to open him up by using other people. Thats what is good when Brown is in there, it adds another threat to the run.
Now people need to realize that Piketon really is a good team this year. There line is bigger and probably better than Jackson's. And there backs are very hard runners so don't just judge Waverly on that game and think Piketon wasn't a very good team.
Should be a VERY good game.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

This is game has become this biggest annual out-of-conference game for the Tigers, its becoming thr rivalry it was when Waverly was in the old SEOAL.
It will be a dogfight once again. This is a run-oriented smash out Jackson squad with good backs against Waverly's air attack with great receivers and the Roback kid did an okay job against Piketon (sarcasm).
I hope Waverly'd defense can last 4 quarters b/c with the way the offense scores they don't get too much of a break and some kids play both ways.
I can see this game coming down to endurance, but I want to say if turns into a shootout I'll take Waverly. Im so bad at predictions but that won't stop me this week.
Waverly is taking a 16-game home winningtstrak into this game last loss at hme for Wverly was in week 1 n 2005 against Valley

Jackson 20
Waverly 32

Return to “Football”