WK 2 (0-1) Federal Hocking @ (0-1) Athens

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

WK 2 (0-1) Federal Hocking @ (0-1) Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

My as well throw this game out their ... Both teams looking to get to the .500 mark, two schools seperated by about 12 ridges, one road and 0 stop lights; Southeastern Ohio translation = 15-20 miles ... I believe all five Athens schools play each other, or close to it anyway. So I guess this game could be considered the first for the Bulldogs/Lancers in their quest to become the 2008 'A-County Champ.'

Being a fan of the 'Dogs, im gonna throw out a prediction of the Bulldogs winning by a TD, maybe 2 ... Not sure on the situation with Athens' No. 1 tailback; But I still think they hold serve at home ... Maybe they can find some new wrinkles in the offense, or they may just rely on good old fashion D and special teams ... Whatever happens this week, I seen enough moxy in this bunch to pull out some victories ... Hopefully 1 Friday.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Re: Athens (0-1) Vs Federal Hocking (0-1)

Post by bulldog0909 »

athens has depth,they have a lot of positions where someone can step right in and do it just about as good,especially on the defensive side...obviously having tope is a major plus,but i think curtis herron will step in and do just fine againt the lancers

athens by 3

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

TVC Hocking vs. TVC Ohio, I'll go with Athens in this game. Goodluck to both teams.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I only 'wish' for a bulldog victory ... But by no means do I actually believe Athens will win by a TD or two ... One of the oldest sayings in the book 'never count your chickens before they hatch' is a perfect analogy ... Anything can happen from one week to the next. Some young teams can have a let down, they can overlook oponents, you can have injuries, their can be turnovers in the game itself ... Waaaay to many situations - to think you have any game won. To be honest, I will be pretty darn pleased if Athens comes out friday and plays 'tough' for 4 quarters ... Maybe that is the 'older & wiser' mentality starting to set in on this Old Dog ... :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens

GAHSfan06
Waterboy

Post by GAHSfan06 »

athens.
their coach has the team going in the right direction. they will make their mark in the tvc this year.
good luck doggs.

btrain_7
Waterboy

Re: WK 2 (0-1) Federal Hocking @ (0-1) Athens

Post by btrain_7 »

Im gonna predict Athens win this game

Athens = 35

Fed Hock = 14

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

some of these predictions are surprising me. fed hock has a very good football program, they must be having a down year and i just didnt get the memo :lol: but like i said on the week 1 athens thread, i think this bulldog team is much improved especially on the defensive side of the ball (which has been a major problem for them in recent years). so in light of what people are saying about this game i too will pick athens, probably by 10 or less, in a hard fought game.

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

Friday night is Hall of Fame night at Athens High School. We are looking for a big crowd and hoping for a victory to cap off the night. GO BULLDOGS

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

If Athens High doesn't win this one it's gonna be a long, excruciating season for the Bulldogs.

Watched my Beallsville Blue Devils whip Federal Hocking 9 TDs to ZERO in a scrimmage and if AHS is smart they put the ball in the air, attack the corners, throw in some skinny posts, and it'll be a breeze.

Or, better yet, call Beallsville for a few pointers. I know the folks south of Monroe County don't throw it much but they better do it in this game.

Athens 47-6.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

carbon_dated wrote:If Athens High doesn't win this one it's gonna be a long, excruciating season for the Bulldogs.

Watched my Beallsville Blue Devils whip Federal Hocking 9 TDs to ZERO in a scrimmage and if AHS is smart they put the ball in the air, attack the corners, throw in some skinny posts, and it'll be a breeze.

So, CD, now your true colors are out. You are a Dave Caldwell supporter, and no less, a Blue Devil supporter. Fed Hock has alot of issues to deal with in terms of their team, and I'm not going to get into those tonight. Hopefully, the coaching staff will start to right the ship and make the changes that were glaringly obvious that needed to be made after week one, and frankly, you hit upon them.

There is no need to be coy any longer about your true colors, as you were last year. I'll stick by my comments from week one, Dave Caldwell knows how to schedule an automatic win (Miller is just terrible).

The TVC Hocking is way down this year, but at least they play against competition outside the league. Beallsville will walk their way through their JV schedule again, and maybe win week one in the post season. Good luck to the Blue Devils.

Oh, and the locals do a fine job of maintaining the spartan facilities in Beallsville, from what I heard from my Lancer friends who made it up to the scrimmage debacle.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

Bulldogs in a big way .

gocubsgo
Waterboy

Post by gocubsgo »

Athens special teams leads Bulldogs to first victory.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I am rooting for the Lancers but I think there may be too much for them to overcome to win this game.

Best of health to both teams and...

LETS GO LANCERS!!!

Ruban9
Waterboy

Post by Ruban9 »

I'll be absolutely shocked if athens does not win this game. If this was baseball, however, it wouldn't be played.

Ruban9
Waterboy

Post by Ruban9 »

FH and Athens schedule every year, but they have only played a couple times over the last several years. Athens usually cancels it, but I know with how games can get rained out and such that have to be made up. Every year many people at FH look at it as, "We have athens scheduled, I wonder if we'll play them this year?"

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Athens big in this one. Federal in for a long year until they get to league play. TVC hocking has been rock bottom for the past 4 years. Go Bulldogs.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

On paper Athens should win, by virtue of numbers alone. But we all know you can never predict what will happen on any given friday night. Federal is not that bad a football team. Caldwell has a solid experienced team. So I will go out on a limb and say 10 point either way. This game could be a toss-up.

gobulldogs15
Waterboy

Post by gobulldogs15 »

i really hope the bulldogs come out with a win in this game. i will go with athens in this one 34-20.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I don't know much about Fed Hock. Athens seems to have played well against the Blue Devils last week. I'm not looking for the Dogs to score a whole lot of points without Tope.

Hopefully they can put up three scores and the D can hold on.

Return to “Football”