Site Admin

WK 2 (1-0) Warren @ (0-1) Philo

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Warren @ Philo

Post by ronnie88richards »

I say if Warren finds a way to use there *Big Targets - WR's an TE* in the passing game an mixup some with the RB's they will come out of this game winning by at least 10-14pts. Best of luck to the Warriors.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

im going with philo
17 pts on belpre isnt very impressive

shakeNbake_09
Waterboy

Post by shakeNbake_09 »

Philo in a close one. :-D

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

This could be another close one for the warriors. I think that if they can stop the option and the deep pass they could definately be in a position to win...good luck warriors

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Philo should win this one easily. 28-0 or 35-7. Warren has not posed much of a threat in recent years and this year will not be any different.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

I wouldn't judge this year's team based on last year's performance.

OSUBUCKIN
Waterboy

Post by OSUBUCKIN »

I can only assume Pifer will try to give it to Wolf up the middle every play like last week, and I'm not sold on that philosophy. Philo takes it again like they do every year... despite Warren's confidence

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Best of luck to the Warriors!

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Warren over Philo by 10.

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

Runner wrote:Philo should win this one easily. 28-0 or 35-7. Warren has not posed much of a threat in recent years and this year will not be any different.

If I remember correctly, last year at Warren, if it weren't for a missed call on a punt, (referee mistakeningly ruled a Philo punt bounced and hit a Warren player in the calf), Warren was within 21-13 at that point, late in the game............. I would consider that a threat. Wouldn't you? :)

swamisez
JV Team

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Warren @ (0-1) Philo

Post by swamisez »

Didn't see the muffed punt from last year but heard all about from both Philo and Warren fans.

Since the game is in Duncan Falls, I am inclined to give Philo an early edge. Much depends on the ability of Philo to protect the passer, and of Warren to get the ball to their skill players in space. Dunfee was all but neutralized Friday, I would hope that the gameplan would help get him more touches on the outside this week.

best of luck to both teams.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Philo's defense is much better this year than past years. Yes they gave up 27 points last week but that was to the best team they will face all year(other than Sheridan). The score is somewhat deceiving on the defensive side, Philo was in their backfield quite a lot if you seen that game, they just couldn't catch their lightning(& i mean lightning) quick Quarterback. Philo shouldn't give up more than 14 points against Warren.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

I think it will be a good game. Warren is improving. I thought they were a long shot last year going into the game. I really do think it is more of a toss-up this year. Coming from where we have been, that's progress. Warren can win this game.

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

Warren and Philo have played many times over the years and no matter what, one underlying fact is always present in this game. Philo will flat hit you and hit you and hit you again. They always play a physical in your face brand of football. They play in the MVL which has a tradition of physical teams. They beat on each other throughout the season year in and year out. Warren must find a way of keeping Philo guessing. Opening the offense up, simplyfing the defensive reads would help. So if adjustments can be made this game could go the Warriors direction. Warren cannot go toe to toe with them for four quarters. Forcing some turnovers, and taking care of the ball. Some Warriors should have a football in their hands every minute of every day this week.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

muchado is being made over Warren needing to "open the playbook", do fans not realize Friday night was the first start by a sophomore qb?

give it time, ease the offense up, open the playbook only when necessary. IF you can move the ball via the dive, move the ball. Many teams make do using just 6-8 plays.

C4PITTS
Waterboy

Post by C4PITTS »

Ellenwood is a Junior.

Warren has got to spread things out on offense or teams are just gonna load 8 or 9 in the box like we've seen before. Ellenwood to Venham has to happen more than once a game, and keep Cox and Venham on the field at the same time. They are going to be a mis-match for most secondaries.

Still too many substitutions.

Defense was aggressive,especially Wolfe, and belpre couldn't handle the blitz. Secondary was better when the corners were up on the receivers but for some reason went back for awhile to that soft, and I mean SOFT coverage.

Overall I just don't see much difference from last year, more weapons maybe, but stuck in the same old offense.

Belpre game played out just as I expected (even called the Cox field goal ) and the same trend will continue at Philo if some changes aren't made.

Hope we take that next step this week !!

GO WARRIORS

WarriorBoy
Riding the Bench

Post by WarriorBoy »

5 straight 34's then a fumble. Variety is the spice of life. Subs, saw no problem with this with the heat and humidity. Probably a wise chioce.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Calpreps.com prediciton

24-14 Philo

last week predicted a 19-12 win over Belpre for Warren

billyclydetuggle
Waterboy

Post by billyclydetuggle »

Warren finally taps the potential from all those athletes who excel in other sports and makes a run for the playoffs....

Return to “Football”