WK 3 (1-1) Symmes Valley @ (1-1) Chesapeake

Post by robycop3 »

Peake owns 17-year win streak.

Thoughts?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Symmes Valley at Chesapeake, Week 3

Post by fuzzhead »

The Panthers will get the OVC's 2nd win of the year... again against an SOC I team.

scarlet and grey
Waterboy

Re: WK 3 (1-1) Symmes Valley @ (1-1) Chesapeake

Post by scarlet and grey »

this game is a must win for the vikes if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive, you need to play with more enthusiasm, speed and minimize mistakes
go vikes

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

While the Vikes will be tough as usual, I believe Peake has too much speed for them. I believe Peake will stop SV's running game most of the time, while SV will have difficulty with Peake's mix of running & passing. SV's only chance, I believe, will be to use a very active passing game, and to execute better & with more speed on both sides of the ball. While Bland is a great player & a great kid from a great family, he cannot be the whole SV offense. They hafta PASS more to hang with Peake, as I believe Peake will score a coupla times on big plays.

As for Peake...they need to show the same kind of speed & scrappiness they showed against Oak Hill, & against the Wayne 2nd-stringers. they should utilize their speed on both sides of the ball, as so far SV hasn't shown they can handle a speedy team. They should try for a big play at least once on every possession.

Then, there are the intangibles...the home-field advantage, the long Peake winning streak. I don't think either coach will have any problem with getting his players fired up.

Bt it shouldn't be a blowout...should be about 21-7 or so, Peake, similar to SV's Matewan game.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I'm roting for the underdog Symmes Valley but I think the Peake will pull it out!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Symmes Valley needs to get fast to be able to win.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This is one of those games I could not decide and changed my pick after I rethought things over and over.

I look for a tight game that goes into overtime with the Peake winning by one.

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

This is the year to end the streak. play your best vikings and you will win. sorry Alex can't root for you this week. Go vikings.

svfan32
Waterboy

Post by svfan32 »

last time I checked herrell had the most rushing yards and scoring on offense plus you must have a good line to move the ball last time I seen them play, Bland was in the back field and he can't play 10 other positions they are a team all the time :122245 :-D :122245 :-D

Vikingcountry
Waterboy

Post by Vikingcountry »

I'm behind the Vikings all the way. But i beleive that the Vikes have it set in their minds, that they can't beat the peake. If the Vikes would get pumped up on the field, i still beleive they have a shot at this one.

derbybound21
Waterboy

Post by derbybound21 »

i have to agree with bobblehead I have saw Chesapeake beat a better Symmes Valley team a couple of times it seems to be stuck in their heads that they can not beat the Peake but should be a good game and I look for Chesapeake to pull it out with their home openier.

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Good luck Vikings,play hard!

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Look for the Peake to be much improved from last week, it seems they may have been a little intimidated last week by the Pioneers. I look for Alex and the pitch and catch tandem of Donahoe to Webb to get on track this week. Go Panthers.

Direct Hit
Waterboy

Post by Direct Hit »

SYMMES VALLEY HAS A GOOD YOUNG TEAM. THEY HAVE A COUPLE OF HEAD CASES THOUGH IN KEY POSITIONS. WHEN THIS IS CLEARED UP THEY WILL WIN SOME GAMES THIS YEAR. IF NOT WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

ches wins this one in a close game....team with the ball at the end wins this game

wish i could attend but have to work

go peake

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If the Rock Hill/Oak Hill game gets out of hand early, I might head on down to the Peake and catch the 2nd half of this one...

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Final...Peake 48, SV 6

SV moved the ball steadily after taking the opening KO, but penalized themselves back...& then the life seemed to go outta them. Bland shanked a punt, & Peake advanced to the SV 18 before fumbling, with SV recovering. But SV couldn't go anywhere & showed a passing game with problems. From there on out, it was all Peake, as SV seemed to collapse. They led 28-0 at half.

SV intercepted a Peake pass on the last play of the 1st half. I thought that might spark the Vikes into making it a game, but it didn't.

Leading 42-0 in the middle of the 3rd, Peake cleared their bench, scoring once more to make it 48-0, at which point I left. I was very surprised to see a SV team play with so little enthusiasm. they seemed so flaccid & lifeless. I know it was sultry & humid out there, but it was just as hot for the Peake players, & they kept their motors running on high RPMs. There were 3 or 4 Vikes playing hard on both sides of the ball, but it takes ELEVEN boys playing hard to be successful. I don't like to criticize any team, but SV just didn't play typical hard-nose Viking football last night.

C'mon, Vikes, man up & show Manchester some REAL SV football next week!

Return to “Football”