WK 3 (0-2) Athens @ (1-1) Bloom Carroll

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Tcat1
Riding the Bench

WK 3 (0-2) Athens @ (1-1) Bloom Carroll

Post by Tcat1 »

Dear Athens fans,

There was a person who called the Rusty Martin Show last night and said that kids were playing because of their name. Honestly, give coach Adams credit! Athens lost the game becuae they were beat in a fair athletic competition not, becuase Dr or Professor whoevers son played the game. Coach Adams is doing the best he can do and he is surrounded by good coaches who are trying ther best they can to teach the kids not only the game of football but, the game of life! Whoever the ADULT was that called in needs to get a grip! You were talking about KIDS who were 15 and 16 years old. They are doing the best they can! Do you believe that they go out there and purposely decide that they want to lose? If you can not say anything good about the KIDS then, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: Athens vs. Bloom Carroll

Post by hawkeyepierce »

It doesn't get easier for the Bulldogs as they meet the Bulldogs of BC, they are skilled and very tough. Good Luck.

Gib25
Varsity

Re: Athens vs. Bloom Carroll

Post by Gib25 »

Jerry, I couldn't say it any better if I worked on it for a year. I have heard people say this about Athens for 38 years and it's just as stupid now as it was 38 years ago. To say this about a kid who has now played a total of 6 minutes in two games, all at the end of the second game, is unfair and totally without merit. If coach Adams hadn't tried to jump start a faltering offense when he was down 16-0, people would have criticized him for not trying something else. Leave the kids alone!!

Army
S

Re: WK 3 ~ Athens vs. Bloom Carroll

Post by Army »

Doesn't sound like it's going to get any better against Bloom Carroll this upcoming week. BC seemed to man-handle VC. Good luck to the Bulldogs.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 3 ~ Athens vs. Bloom Carroll

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If the Bllom Carroll team that showed up in week two shows up this week I can see this one being ugly,28-8 B-C.

freethrow
Varsity

Re: WK 3 (0-2) Athens @ (1-1) Bloom Carroll

Post by freethrow »

They may want to tell one of the coaches wife to stop yelling to replace the quarterback the whole game. Bad enough
when a regular fan does it but when a coaches wife does it starting early in the first half is even worse. Athens may want to bring up some freshman. They have a couple that might be able to step in and produce. I know Coach Adams doesn't like to have freshman up but most of the TVC teams have freshman playing. If the line doesn't block again this week it will be ugly. Thats go bulldogs do the basics.

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

Spirits have to be pretty low for Athens after losing to Federal Hocking. The Lancers are a good program now, but the Bulldogs had to feel they would get that game. Bloom Carroll should win big, Athens is going to have a hard time finding many wins on their schedule right now.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

B-C is nice. Athens have a talented group of freshmen led by there qb :!: :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

life in athens doesn't sound like it gotten much easier since jumping ship to the tvc. keep your heads up.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bloom Carroll in a blow out

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Sounds as if the athens football program is in sad shape. Has there been any talk of disbanding the program and becoming a soccer school only!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

^^^^^ SOME MAY WANT TO IF IT CONTINUES TO GO SOUTH DURING LEAGUE PLAY IN THE TVC :roll:

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Athens Football will be fine. Outsiders should not speculate and judge negatively.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Hammer,

If I had a dime for everytime somebody referenced me to Lynard Skynard.

Nope, I am just a guy, who loves and supports the kids at Athens. I just try to be positive for them when lots of others like to take popshots at them. I know everybody is entitled to their opinions, but it is unnecessary in my humble opinion for some of the negative posts, but there is really nothing I can do about that , other than be positive about our kids and programs. :122245

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

Bloom Carrol HUGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!

Bloom Carrol- 35
Athens-7

Athens just won't have what it takes and if they play like they did last week against Federal Hocking then it will be Bloom Carrol by 50 at the minimum!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Is Wayne Horsley coaching this year? Is he the frosh coach or is he with the Varsity?

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

What would be worse for Athens - losing every game in the SEOAL by an average of 55 points, or losing every game in the TVC-Ohio by a slightly closer margin?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

The bull puppies are in big trouble this year. I look for BC to score as many point as they want! BC 64 Athens 8

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Go Bulldogs. Work hard and forget all the good sportsmanship stuff. Get mean and play mean and hit hard. Let them know Athens was in town by playing hard nose bruising football.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

The freshmen game tonight between Athens and Trimble has been cancelled.

Return to “Football”