Site Admin

WK3 (2-0) Meigs @ (0-2) River Valley

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

fasteach
Varsity

Re: WK3 (2-0) Meigs @ (0-2) River Valley

Post by fasteach »

meigs has done well this year and river valley is reeling no contest meigs by alot.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Meigs rolls.

GO TVC!!!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Meigs by about 2,200 :)

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I have a question guys???? Can we ask the OHSAA if this game can only be ONE half?? Just play the 1st and 2nd quarters???? :roll:

The reason I ask.....look at this......

Week 1- RV vs. Minford
Minford 7
RV 6 Half

Minford 42
RV 6 Final

Week 2- RV vs. Oak Hill
Oak Hill 6
RV 0 Half

Oak Hill 33
RV 0 Final

Hopfully RV shows up for a FULL game, a FULL 4 quarters, and makes a game out of this one! I have confidence that they will!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Meigs big in this one

Thunder
Waterboy

Post by Thunder »

This is a big rival game and I think Meigs will win, but it will be closer than people think.

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

It's not the kids nor the coaches at RV. They are dealing with the hand they are delt with. It has shown each game as the game go's on fatigue set's in we are having to play ironman football in just about every position which in the old days that would be fine because the other teams had to do the same. In today's games it's hard to play both ways at a high level and expect great results when the other team has offense and defensive players that just play one way all night. It's hard to ask your qb or rb to run and tackle on defense and then turn around and try and beat a fresh defensive back on a passing route but they try and thats all you can ask for at this point and time in this new program no matter what don't quit hopefully they can build some numbers in the future.

GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST KEEP PLAYING AND DON"T QUIT!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

As long as Meigs do not fall into the trap that they are that good they will be just fine in this one. What I mean is sometimes players will believe the hype more than they should and then their play slips because they think they do not have to give it their all in practice leading up to a game they are suppose to win.

I think this one will go like this.
Meigs scores early and often and wins,35-12.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Go T V C OHIO

thirtytrap
Freshman Team

Post by thirtytrap »

Meigs big in this one.

The Watcher
Waterboy

Post by The Watcher »

I have a question guys???? Can we ask the OHSAA if this game can only be ONE half?? Just play the 1st and 2nd quarters???? :roll:

Week 1- RV vs. Minford
Minford 7
RV 6 Half

I thought it was 21 - 6 at halftime.
But, on a different note, if River Valley can play for 4 quarters, they might be in the ball game in the end.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

meigs by 42

THE GOVENOR
All State

Post by THE GOVENOR »

Meigs 43 RV 14

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

If the Raiders can get some YAC from their receivers, they will win some football games.

The Raider kids do a good job catching the ball and if they can break a few of those possession catches for big players, they will be fine.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

KnowIt wrote:
GATOR BAIT wrote:It's not the kids nor the coaches at RV. They are dealing with the hand they are delt with. It has shown each game as the game go's on fatigue set's in we are having to play ironman football in just about every position which in the old days that would be fine because the other teams had to do the same. In today's games it's hard to play both ways at a high level and expect great results when the other team has offense and defensive players that just play one way all night. It's hard to ask your qb or rb to run and tackle on defense and then turn around and try and beat a fresh defensive back on a passing route but they try and thats all you can ask for at this point and time in this new program no matter what don't quit hopefully they can build some numbers in the future.

GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST KEEP PLAYING AND DON"T QUIT!

meigs has 9 and sometimes 10 of their offensive starters on defense...it isnt just a problem for you...meigs does the same thing but doesnt use it as an excuse

EASY....EASY!!!! He wasnt using it as a excuse, he was stating a problem that RV has. He didnt even mention about Meigs....if they have that problem too, then fine, but Gator Bait was talking about RV....NOT Meigs.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

The Watcher wrote:

Week 1- RV vs. Minford
Minford 7
RV 6 Half

I thought it was 21 - 6 at halftime.
But, on a different note, if River Valley can play for 4 quarters, they might be in the ball game in the end.

We were both off Watcher! :lol: It was 14-6.....but I'm sure you see my point on the situation.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

The problem is not that RV has players that play both ways as much as that they HAVE TO play both ways and special teams as well. There is a huge difference They simply do not have the upperclassmen, or suitable underclassmen for that matter, to safely sub or give a break when needed. Injuries are catastrophic due to depth. The rebuilding process at RV will need to be carefully thought out and will have to begin at the elementary school level. They simply have to get more bodies out to play. The best coaches, in today's environment, would have similar troubles in a similar setting.

The situation is chicken and egg. Students won't come out because the team is not winning and the team cannot win because the kids will not come out. There has been past debate regarding whether or not the kids in the halls are athletes but we will never know if they aren't at least on the practice field.

Good luck on the balance of the season.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

There are athletes at RV.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I wouldn't give 2 cents for those kids walking the halls as football players. They may be good kids but if they wanted to play ball they would be there. RV has the cream of the crop when it comes to seniors kids in the school with good character and work ethic which will help well beyond football.

Return to “Football”